UPS Truck Hijacked, Driver killed in Shootout

myback

Really Heavy Heart on this one. I’m pro law enforcement but feel this was handled completely wrong. Pursuit should have been broken off with helo tracking. The driver was on his knees in between the suspect driving and one in the jumpseat. They hauled the pc away on a flatbed tractor trailer and didn’t even cover it... I’m not going to post the pics or video but they at least could have closed the door so the blood wasn’t visible. It was riddled with bullet holes. Condolences to his family. A man just trying to support his family will never come home again. Really sad.
I h

RIP brother. These pigs need to be brought to the slaughter house
No that was BSO-Broward County Sheriff's office.
Florida’s finest

myback

Frank was dead the minute those men took him and his truck. While the police should have waited to close in with so many people in the kill zone, those men were shooting at the cops all up and down the freeway. I realize we don't get a choice in the heat of things nor can we know what would have happened but if it came down to me (15yrs Driver) or some kids in a mini van, those cops better light my @$$ up.
The minute they took the truck, did you even look at the posted video? Exactly what are you smoking and where can I get some?

myback

This is the first I am hearing that they were firing at the police during the pursuit.

Is this true?

If so where did you get this information?
The video clearly shows Frank very much alive in the video and then the bullets came flying in as evident from the sparks in the cab. He was not killed the when the culprits hijacked him.

myback

Exactly, so stop chasing with cars with hyped up cowboys “peace officers”. It’s a big brown ups truck with telematics. Engaging in this type of situation is wreckless and puts more innocent lives in danger.

I support the vast majority of police shooting criminals, I don’t see how any of them at any point in time though this was a good idea.

this is another example of what happens when you militarize police.
Trigger happy imbeciles, professionals know; one shot, one kill.

myback

Ram it with the hostage inside? Maybe they didn’t because they knew there was one. We dont know for sure yet.

They had to return fire BECAUSE there were so many innocent people nearby. I know an old SAS guy that trained with the Israel Special Forces back in the late 1980s. They would risk killing a hostage to save other livesS. I don’t think our police or military train that way but logic says that it’s the right thing to do. There is still too many unknowns at this point to accurately cast blame on the police.
Sure in a situation where there was no way out but this is a moving vehicle. They’re not getting away, pull back let them drive away, they’re not going to out run a helicopter. Oh wait a minute, it’s Florida cops, never mind.

myback

They killed two innocent people, the UPS driver and someone in a nearby vehicle. It was a pretty tasteless tweet. Basically; Don’t worry we are okay! Oh btw we killed a couple innocent people, but at least the criminals are dead! ffs

I heard (watching the news) the robbers opened fire on the police some time before the shootout. Those guys didn’t want to be taken alive that’s for sure.

This was a very tough situation for the police to be in. Do you stay back, take cover and let the suspects fire at will? Or do you close in, engage and try to end it as quick as possible? Seems like a lose-lose situation. If those idiots murdered the UPS driver and killed a couple other people while shooting at police there would be the same, if not more outrage. The questions would’ve been different, “Why didn’t the police shoot the suspects sooner?”

I’m not trying to defend the action taken by the police. I’m simply trying to look at it from their perspective. I feel this was a tragedy that can only be blamed on the two pieces of crap that started it.
Would you want the police using you and your car and who ever you had in it as cover as their unloading their AR-15?

myback

Qualified immunity is designed to protect all but the plainly incompetent or those who knowingly violate the law. Law enforcement officers are entitled to qualified immunity when their actions do not violate a clearly established statutory or constitutional right. ... Qualified immunity must be raised by the officer.

Nothing will happen city will settle wrongful death and not admit liability
Welcome to Florida

Brown Circus

Shh...It’s peak and I’m hunting logic
If they want to participate in active combat zone, Uncle Sam needs you.

oh yeah, he was killed during a fabricated war
If you think you could do better, every police force in the country is incredibly understaffed. They could use someone of your expertise. You and all of the police haters and the incredibly capable nfl players who think taking a knee and hating on cops every chance they get could really make a difference. So why not put on a badge and try to protect a population that hates you! I think you would be great!