UPS Truck Hijacked, Driver killed in Shootout

PT Car Washer

If you think you could do better, every police force in the country is incredibly understaffed. They could use someone of your expertise. You and all of the police haters and the incredibly capable nfl players who think taking a knee and hating on cops every chance they get could really make a difference. So why not put on a badge and try to protect a population that hates you! I think you would be great!
Not to mention that most large city police forces pay as much as UPS and have air conditioned vehicles.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
If you think you could do better, every police force in the country is incredibly understaffed. They could use someone of your expertise. You and all of the police haters and the incredibly capable nfl players who think taking a knee and hating on cops every chance they get could really make a difference. So why not put on a badge and try to protect a population that hates you! I think you would be great!

So police actions should never be questioned?

My problem with police shootings is that it seems many officers don't/won't stop firing until they're out of bullets.

If they wanted to bring these guys down they should have loaded put a couple swat sharpshooters into unmarked vehicles and killed them both at the same time.

The way this went down should get police management fired, hiring practices reviewed and a good portion of their training revised. This would have been acceptable if someone had stolen a nuclear bomb, not robbed a jewelry store and took 1 hostage.

Brown Circus

Shh...It’s peak and I’m hunting logic

My problem with police shootings is that it seems many officers don't/won't stop firing until they're out of bullets.

If they wanted to bring these guys down they should have loaded put a couple swat sharpshooters into unmarked vehicles and killed them both at the same time.

The way this went down should get police management fired, hiring practices reviewed and a good portion of their training revised. This would have been acceptable if someone had stolen a nuclear bomb, not robbed a jewelry store and took 1 hostage.
I can agree with you that things should change. But many people want things to flow perfectly the way it always does on csi or ncis or that new one swat. But in reality the bad guys don’t usually give the cop’s the opportunity for swat to kiss their wives pack their lunch boxes and go set up on a cell phone tower to wait for someone to pick off all while hoping no more innocent people have been shot.

Brown Circus

Also police are trained to empty their magazines.

oldngray

nowhere special
They aren't trained to empty their magazines but it usually ends up that way. Once they start firing they usually continue until the magazine is empty. And they are surprised when it happens. Without them even remembering how many shots they fired.

Brown Circus

You are correct my apologies, but in this case shooting until they are out of bullets may be the only case. You ever been in a gun fight because I have, many times, and a magazine will last all of about 3 seconds. If I begin firing chances are high that my magazine will be empty, many times before the threat has been neutralized. No one stops to think what adrenaline does to a person firing a weapon. They just think “Well I could have done better”. Truly you people should sign up and try it before you criticize.

BlackCat

You are correct my apologies, but in this case shooting until they are out of bullets may be the only case. You ever been in a gun fight because I have, many times, and a magazine will last all of about 3 seconds. If I begin firing chances are high that my magazine will be empty, many times before the threat has been neutralized. No one stops to think what adrenaline does to a person firing a weapon. They just think “Well I could have done better”. Truly you people should sign up and try it before you criticize.
We get it bootlicker.

Unless you want to get shot, dont criticize the police.

ManInBrown

Or guys who got bullied in high school.
Every single cop I have ever met that I went to highschool with, have absolutely zero business being a cop. None of them were people I was friends with when I was younger. But I knew them and what type of people they were. Just people I found out thru different means that they had become cops after the fact. Mind boggling.

BlackCat

Every single cop I have ever met that I went to highschool with, have absolutely zero business being a cop. None of them were people I was friends with when I was younger. But I knew them and what type of people they were. Just people I found out thru different means that they had become cops after the fact. Mind boggling.
My stepfather was a police officer.

Biggest DNA rifle on the planet.