UPS Truck Hijacked, Driver killed in Shootout

Dumbo

Why don’t you help the problem by putting on a shield helping out or do you stop at only words!

:censored2: that job. I wouldn't want it. I give props to those who can do it effectively and I say hold those who clearly cannot act effectively responsible. I personally don't think I could do it. Id beat the :censored2: out of the first scum bag I found that beat his wife or raped some kid and my career would be over.

BTW,. You can be critical of ineffective police measures without needing to put the badge on. Police don't all respond as a single unit across all jurisdictions. They all do things differently and individually act differently. This may have totally played out different if it was in a different state or a different time of day. All these things came together to create the :censored2: show that unfolded. Leadership in this particular case was non-existent. Someone should be held responsible for that. That doesn't mean all cops are pieces of :censored2: because of this incident.

Brown Circus

Shh...It’s peak and I’m hunting logic
Again, you apologists and sympathizers are a big part of the problem.

I never said I had any solutions to crime or that I could do better, but I know that crooked, wife-beating, child-molesting murderers and rapists is not the best way to approach it.
No the problem is so many people are great critics but every pd in the nation is understaffed because the real cowards would rather hide behind their chat screen then to sign up and really make a difference! What do you say the pd could use your expertise.

Brown Circus

:censored2: that job. I wouldn't want it. I give props to those who can do it effectively and I say hold those who clearly cannot act effectively responsible. I personally don't think I could do it. Id beat the :censored2: out of the first scum bag I found that beat his wife or raped some kid and my career would be over.

BTW,. You can be critical of ineffective police measures without needing to put the badge on. Police don't all respond as a single unit across all jurisdictions. They all do things differently and individually act differently. This may have totally played out different if it was in a different state or a different time of day. All these things came together to create the :censored2: show that unfolded. Leadership in this particular case was non-existent. Someone should be held responsible for that. That doesn't mean all cops are pieces of :censored2: because of this incident.
Yes you can be critical of the police. EVERYONE is!

No the problem is so many people are great critics but every pd in the nation is understaffed because the real cowards would rather hide behind their chat screen then to sign up and really make a difference! What do you say the pd could use your expertise.

This guy literally thinks society should have a police force that can't be held up to public scrutiny. Do you understand how dangerous something like that is?

And again, you sympathizers and apologists are a big part of the problem.

Brown Circus

There are hundreds of thousands if not millions of public servants. Where is your post for the 99 percent of the ones that do there job well. It’s always for the ones that make the news and you cowards can’t control yourselves salivating over the chance to sound like some chat room crusader.

Dumbo

There are hundreds of thousands if not millions of public servants. Where is your post for the 99 percent of the ones that do there job well. It’s always for the ones that make the news and you cowards can’t control yourselves salivating over the chance to sound like some chat room crusader.

I would agree that many do their job well. Another chunk do their job well enough but are very condescending and patronizing to people which usually does the opposite of deescalation, and another chunk are just out looking for action. Pull people over for some BS just to see if they can find something bigger...etc.

Most are subject to the same mob mentality as some moronic protesters. Cops are just people. They follow the crowd, get caught up in the moment, as these officers did. Many of us may have done the same unless someone told us to stay back. You can say you wouldn't have but you don't know until you are in it. Your blood is pumping, you feel like youre in an action movie, the bad guys are shooting at you. Most people literally do not have the ability to control that adrenaline. If you were to ask some of these cops, they would probably just say the don't remember much, their "training" just took over or some :censored2:, which is another way of saying, "my fight or flight kicked in and I had no control over my own adrenaline".

If you told any of those cops that day that they would be responsible for shooting an unarmed UPS driver and another bystander, I guarantee you they would have called in that day. Nobody wants to murder someone. That said, leadership definitely needs to be held responsible for the outcome.

Last edited:

Hahaha. Just wait until it's your neighbor or daughter or your son on the receiving end of these monsters whose oversight is - you guessed it - more monsters!

I'm glad you're living in a world of blindly following your oppressors, but it doesn't mean the rest of us have to live your delusion.

I'm sorry that a friend or family member of yours is law enforcement and you have to suffer sucking LEO dick so you can sleep at night. But that's no reason to take it out on us.

Brown Circus

And I’m sorry for that time you were in lock up and someone gave you too much night stick
Hahaha. Just wait until it's your neighbor or daughter or your son on the receiving end of these monsters whose oversight is - you guessed it - more monsters!

I'm glad you're living in a world of blindly following your oppressors, but it doesn't mean the rest of us have to live your delusion.

I'm sorry that a friend or family member of yours is law enforcement and you have to suffer sucking LEO dick so you can sleep at night. But that's no reason to take it out on us.

Brown Circus

I would agree that many do their job well. Another chunk do their job well enough but are very condescending and patronizing to people which usually does the opposite of deescalation, and another chunk are just out looking for action. Pull people over for some BS just to see if they can find something bigger...etc.

Most are subject to the same mob mentality as some moronic protesters. Cops are just people. They follow the crowd, get caught up in the moment, as these officers did. Many of us may have done the same unless someone told us to stay back. You can say you wouldn't have but you don't know until you are in it. Your blood is pumping, you feel like youre in an action movie, the bad guys are shooting at you. Most people literally do not have the ability to control that adrenaline. If you were to ask some of these cops, they would probably just say the don't remember much, their "training" just took over or some :censored2:, which is another way of saying, "my fight or flight kicked in and I had no control over my own adrenaline".

If you told any of those cops that day that they would be responsible for shooting an unarmed UPS driver and another bystander, I guarantee you they would have called in that day. Nobody wants to murder someone. That said, leadership definitely needs to be held responsible for the outcome.
could not agree more that leadership should be held responsible. Heads will roll, they always do but it will not be in the news when it does.

rod

Retired 22 years
Cops are just regular people though.

QUOTE]
. :-).

I have to disagree with you on that. I've known many people in law enforcement over my 70+ years. City cops, County Mounties (all the way up to the Sheriff), Highway Patrol and Game Wardens. My best friend in High School ended up being the Police Chief of the local town and later on Sheriff of the County. (he was one of the biggest trouble makers in school but he always got away with it). I go camping every May with 5 retired Game Wardens. They are all not just regular people---they ALL have that certain Cop mentality that comes off as them thinking they are tough guys and are just a little better than you. I have no problem with them because they know I could care less if they "used to be" a cop. For every story they tell about how they busted somebody I try to come back with a story of someone I know who got away with something--sometimes it was me.

These "regular people" were riding their bikes into protestors in Seattle this weekend. The cowards barged into the protestors *from behind* and immediately arrested them for assault, after thoroughly assaulting them and searching them. What about unreasonable search and seizure in our Constitution? Are cops allowed to break that in the name of justice? Guess how many were minorities, lol, in blacks-not-allowed USA with Proud Boys and "The Base".

There was only one video this morning but now more are popping up of this blatant police brutality against multiple people. This was not an isolated incident nor was it a "wrong place wrong time". These were coordinated attacks from Police to silence the voices of protestors.

There are bots on reddit from suspected law enforcement accounts to milk names out of people to shut them up and take down their videos, or presumably, to arrest or investigate them, too.

This is literally exactly what terrorizing people is. They decided protestors don't deserve rights and acted as judge, jury and executioner because they disagree with their politics. Sounds familiar right?

How can anyone live in America and defend that?

You guys might be quick to write me off as a raving lunatic or "armchair police officer" or whatever, but you can't turn a blind eye to these abuses forever. Don't clutch your pearls when it happens to your wife or kid or coworker or one day it's just lights out for you, too bad.

They've now brought their violence and death to UPS drivers, and it could be any one of us next time. And people want to defend this. Thankfully they're not very intelligent people so it's hard to take them seriously.

It. Makes. Me. Sick.

Last edited:

ManInBrown

Being a cop is just like any other profession. There are some that are truly morally sound, good, empathetic decision makers.
And there’s some that are complete idiots and have no business wearing the uniform.
Sounds a lot like UPS.
HOWEVER, while I judge cops on an individual basis.....their profession is a lot more important than delivering packages. The amount of money we spend to pay them, the immense responsibility of protecting and serving. I think we need to completely revamp the way those guys are hired. We’ve all seen videos that are straight up vulgar and make you want to puke, our brown brother falling out of that truck is just the latest example.
Cops need to be the elite of the elite pertaining to decision making, communication skills, and common sense. 95% of cops should be like Riggs in Lethal Weapon. We shouldn’t have so much film of these guys doing terrible things.

I am a firm believer there are way more bad cops today, than good cops. This video is clear proof. 100 cowboys filming a great western shootout in bumper to bumper traffic using civilians, and civilian vehicles as cover.

MattM

Unions tend to protect the bad cops too though.

Most citizens just want accountability

Fire the bad cops or those cops with questionable tactics and decision making.

Instead they get paid time off and we rarely hear them lose their jobs or pensions. Weed out the bad and I think Americans would be happy.

MattM

Aren't you expecting Union representation.... at your job @ UPS ?
I work with more lazy BAD workers than Good. But yes, let's fight to keep our jobs. If I ever turn lazy or bad, I do want that union representation.

It took us six months to remove one guy. He had about 120 lates in a 9 month span. He had 4-5 no call, no shows. But he fought, and the union fought so hard for him to keep a job he couldn't show up for.