UPS Truck Hijacked, Driver killed in Shootout

Est.1998

I'm finally going to call you out on your :bsbullf:on weapon carrying while you were(supposedly)in feeders. Let me ask how did you get your gun through security? I'd really like to know as I may want to carry as well during the election week as do a few of my fellow feeder drivers here and a few I speak to nightly in Ohio. So please do enlighten us to your gun carrying secrets.
lol it’s very possible to bring a gun to work. It’s not like UPS security is TSA.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
lol it’s very possible to bring a gun to work. It’s not like UPS security is TSA.
Very easy. In Sparks , NV they do not check your stuff when you went thru the guard shack GOING IN. Plus most of us would pre-trip the tractor and then go to parking lot to load your gear from car to truck. and same when getting off work. They never said anything about that.

If it locks like a FedEx P700, all you have to do from outside is lift up on the handle with your left hand and pop the handle with your right. Violá, the door slides open!
The side door seem to lock pretty good I really never try to force them up from the outside.
I have more concern about people getting to the cargo area.. That's another story

Est.1998

The side door seem to lock pretty good I really never try to force them up from the outside.
I have more concern about people getting to the cargo area.. That's another story
Funny you mention that because at least two of the package cars i drive, the back door doesn’t lock. Makes for a somewhat easy day but, if someone were to try and open it.

freehoodies

Yeah like package cars get hijacked everyday. Maybe some of you guys need to move to a safer part of the country and a safer job, Whatever that may be. $60k/yr (22.4) is not worth it.
Why have insurance then? Its not like you get cancer everyday, right?

Why have a fire extinguisher? How often does your house catch on fire? Maybe move somewhere less flammable?

I mean, the reason we "supposedly" can't have guns is because a driver might shoot someone or the gun might go off? How rare is that scenario? Over 15 million concealed carriers walking around everyday without incident.

(The real reason is both UPS and Teamsters are run by democrats)

eats packages

Deranged lunatic

Why have a fire extinguisher? How often does your house catch on fire? Maybe move somewhere less flammable?

I mean, the reason we "supposedly" can't have guns is because a driver might shoot someone or the gun might go off? How rare is that scenario? Over 15 million concealed carriers walking around everyday without incident.

Hey now only I am allowed to call them filthy liberals, you are just a democrat, after all.

You equate a gun with a fire extinguisher? This is why you are not allowed to take a gun to work with you. Too immature.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected

Not really saying anything one way or the other on this, but you do remember that just recently there was that driver who actually was shooting at people, right?

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!

Someone who finally knows the "real" reason!

I'm not very informed, can you tell me some of the conservative, non-union companies that allow their employees to carry guns during their daily job duties?

freehoodies

You equate a gun with a fire extinguisher? This is why you are not allowed to take a gun to work with you. Too immature.
Im not seeing the difference. Both are tools used to stop deadly threats. Just because you think guns are “scary” doesn’t change what they are. A tool for a specific job.

freehoodies

Im not seeing the difference. Both are tools used to stop deadly threats. Just because you think guns are “scary” doesn’t change what they are. A tool for a specific job.
Someone who finally knows the "real" reason!

I'm not very informed, can you tell me some of the conservative, non-union companies that allow their employees to carry guns during their daily job duties?
Just off the top of my head gas stations, taxi drivers, many cashiers especially in stores that are at higher risk for robbery. Conservative states have armed teachers in elementary schools.

New York just arrested a guy who shot two home invaders because he didnt register the gun his father left him.

freehoodies

Not really saying anything one way or the other on this, but you do remember that just recently there was that driver who actually was shooting at people, right?
Yeah I do remember that, it goes to show that preventing people from carrying guns will only stop the people who follow rules/laws. Like someone who wants to commit a murder will be scared of a possession charge.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Just off the top of my head gas stations, taxi drivers, many cashiers especially in stores that are at higher risk for robbery. Conservative states have armed teachers in elementary schools.

New York just arrested a guy who shot two home invaders because he didnt register the gun his father left him.

Keeping a 12 guage under the counter is a little easier than carrying a gun on your person, and then going onto 100+ public and private properties each day. Many of those properties have their own weapons restrictions which makes it even more complicated.