UPS Truck Hijacked, Driver killed in Shootout

ManInBrown

I just went through all of the threads about this horrible event. No posts have been deleted from any of them.
There is a separate thread under UPS headlines that posters probably think was this thread. So the posts they think were deleted are probably in there. I thought i had posts deleted as well.

Faceplanted

If the suspects fired first the then the cops had two choices. Do nothing and more innocent people get shot (including them) or try and take them down. They basically sacrificed our guy for many others. Everyone need to put yourselves in their (cops) shoes first before rushing to judge.
Or stand down and let the helicopter follow the truck until it’s not surrounded by 20 innocents in cars as they usually do.

yadadamean116

If the suspects fired first the then the cops had two choices. Do nothing and more innocent people get shot (including them) or try and take them down. They basically sacrificed our guy for many others. Everyone need to put yourselves in their (cops) shoes first before rushing to judge.
I usually agree with police thinking on the fly and make quick decisions but they weren’t out running the police in a ups truck. Wait until that truck gets away from 50 people sitting in traffic

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I'm trying real hard but I still can't justify hosing down the truck without any clear ID of what the hell I'm even shooting.

Faceplanted

It was in rush hour traffic.
Exactly, so stop chasing with cars with hyped up cowboys “peace officers”. It’s a big brown ups truck with telematics. Engaging in this type of situation is wreckless and puts more innocent lives in danger.

I support the vast majority of police shooting criminals, I don’t see how any of them at any point in time though this was a good idea.

this is another example of what happens when you militarize police.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
There is a separate thread under UPS headlines that posters probably think was this thread. So the posts they think were deleted are probably in there. I thought i had posts deleted as well.
I started the 2 threads in UPS Headliness. Nothing has been deleted there either.

mod2.png
mod3.png

ManInBrown

Now the lame cops are saying the only reason it went down like that, was because the suspects shot first when they approached. What a weak excuse. How about not engaging in rush hour traffic with 200 innocent people in every direction.

Overpaid Union Thug

Exactly, so stop chasing with cars with hyped up cowboys. It’s a big brown ups truck with telematics. Engaging in this type of situation is wreckless and puts more innocent lives in danger.

I support the vast majority of police shooting criminals, I don’t see how any of them at any point in time though this was a good idea.

In a perfect world they would have made it to to a less busy side street and then be cornered by the police and MAYBE could have been talked down. Looks like rush hour traffic kept rush from happening. But those bastards were clearly not planning on going out like that and would have likely started shooting wherever they ended up.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Im not saying anything was deleted. I am saying anyone that thinks posts were deleted probably posted in that thread in UPS headlines. And now they are in this one thinking posts got deleted.
You're probably right. @tonyexpress told me several hours ago that I should combine the threads. It seemed unnecessary, but I probably should have done it. My fault.

Police pursuit ends in gunfire after armed robbery

Robbery suspects, hostage and bystander killed after hijacking, dramatic police chase

Faceplanted

In a perfect world they would have made it to to a less busy side street and then be cornered by the police and MAYBE could have been talked down. Looks like rush hour traffic kept rush from happening. But bastards were clearly not planning on going out like that and would have likely started shooting wherever they ended up.
Police Taking cover behind civilian vehicles. You can’t make this up.

Overpaid Union Thug

Taking cover behind civilian vehicles. You can’t make this up.
I’m pretty sure most people would have taken cover behind the first big object they could find. Getting shot at tends to send most people into survival mode first before they can even begin to start thinking logically.

If the cops had just sat there and more people had gotten shot (likely would have) then people would be bashing them even more than they are now and saying they should have done more. They almost always could have done things better but they don’t always have the luxury of time and most certainly can’t use hindsight.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
I'm sorry but a person was shot in the head at the scene of the initial robbery, a jewelry store. Police were well aware of an armed and dangerous situation. Why allow that chase that lasted at least 15 minutes and 25 miles, get to a congested traffic area with loads of civilians. Of course, once there, their hands were tied when gunshots rang out in a crowded space. There's lots of video showing uncrowded roads where that truck could have and should have been stopped.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

There must have been thirty cop cars chasing that that pc, the thing goes 65mph if you’re lucky and they had a helicopter on it.... couldn’t just follow it in that? Big brown truck hard to hide. Wait until the truck hits traffic then blast it from all sides not a care in the world for the other officers or civilians caught in the crossfire nor the hostage. They’re even hiding behind civilian cars. Terrible tactics all around. Hope that city and police department pay out millions to that drivers family. :censored2: the robbers too. I’m pro cop but that was an embarrassment.

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm sorry but a person was shot in the head at the scene of the initial robbery, a jewelry store. Police were well aware of an armed and dangerous situation. Why allow that chase that lasted at least 15 minutes and 25 miles, get to a congested traffic area with loads of civilians. Of course, once there, their hands were tied when gunshots rang out in a crowded space. There's lots of video showing uncrowded roads where that truck could have and should have been stopped.

The police had little to no control over where the robber decided to go. Hindsight is 20/20. It’s the usual “damned if you do damned if you don’t scenario.” I could never be a cop. No way, no how. Not for all the money in the world.

Overpaid Union Thug

There must have been thirty cop cars chasing that that pc, the thing goes 65mph if you’re lucky and they had a helicopter on it.... couldn’t just follow it in that? Big brown truck hard to hide. Wait until the truck hits traffic then blast it from all sides not a care in the world for the other officers or civilians caught in the crossfire nor the hostage. They’re even hiding behind civilian cars. Terrible tactics all around. Hope that city and police department pay out millions to that drivers family. :censored2: the robbers too. I’m pro cop but that was an embarrassment.
I do agree that they “seemed” erratic in their shot placement. But I’m not the one that was being shot at by robbers.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
The police had little to no control over where the robber decided to go. Hindsight is 20/20. It’s the usual “damned if you do damned if you don’t scenario.” I could never be a cop. No way, no how. Not for all the money in the world.
Watch the full, unedited chopper video. It went for a long stretch down a virtually empty highway...plenty of opportunity to get that truck stopped.

MattM

What hopefully comes out is, did police have knowledge that the driver was in the vehicle, Either as a driver or a hostage? They shot as if there wasn’t anyone innocent within 200 feet.