UPS Truck Hijacked, Driver killed in Shootout

cosis

CNN and NBC news have front page articles on their websites.

Now I know if I'm ever a hostage, I'm better off jumping out of a moving truck at 60 mph, than trusting the police in any attempt to de escalate or retreat/help.

Does anyone know if he was actual driving? Was only one suspect in the front area, and one in the back?

yeah tiny articles way down on the page, underneath the Cowboys 3rd straight loss

PAUPSGuy

Absolutely no idea why they engaged their target with that many bystanders nearby and a hostage. Makes my gosh darn blood boil watching an innocent man lose his life. I've served in very hot combat zones, and we would never, EVER engage with that many COB (civilians on the battlefield) within METERS of the target unless we had 100% assurance the small unit kill teams could take the shot(s). We made it our ethos to preserve life. You will always kill the bad guy in every scenario but the best are able to keep the innocent alive. I sincerely hope the officer in charge of this suck starts a shotgun within 12 months. There are so many things wrong with this that it enrages me. Use yourself as bait, and direct/control the flow of the fight. Drive a vehicle by and take some rounds, provide a diversion, stress the enemy so he makes mistakes and then take him out, anything but this...

Sorry for the loss of this young man, sad :censored2:ing day man. Sad :censored2:ing day...sad....day... RIP young man:angel:

MDX91

Yeah, I gotta get to bed but I'm all pissed off too. No military experience, just like to shoot when I have time to, and have some common :censored2:ing sense. Found this at least Click here to support Frank Ordonez fund organized by Raymond Mathers dude's been at UPS for 5 years, just started driving I guess.

MattM

The Miramar police deleted a tweet stating something to the effect of ' update: no police officers were injured in today's shooting'. Not a single mention of the others they shot.

It got lit up with outrage and is now deleted.

So insensitive.
Twitter

We just saw you blast 300 bullets into the side of a truck killing an innocent person. But yeah, let's update you on us, and only us. Twisted behavior.

Last edited:

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
That is not how to handle a hostage situation. They should have not engaged the suspects like that. Idiots thats all I have to say.

myback

Absolutely no idea why they engaged their target with that many bystanders nearby and a hostage. Makes my gosh darn blood boil watching an innocent man lose his life. I've served in very hot combat zones, and we would never, EVER engage with that many COB (civilians on the battlefield) within METERS of the target unless we had 100% assurance the small unit kill teams could take the shot(s). We made it our ethos to preserve life. You will always kill the bad guy in every scenario but the best are able to keep the innocent alive. I sincerely hope the officer in charge of this suck starts a shotgun within 12 months. There are so many things wrong with this that it enrages me. Use yourself as bait, and direct/control the flow of the fight. Drive a vehicle by and take some rounds, provide a diversion, stress the enemy so he makes mistakes and then take him out, anything but this...

Sorry for the loss of this young man, sad :censored2:ing day man. Sad :censored2:ing day...sad....day... RIP young man:angel:
Unbelievable, inbreds in a shooting gallery. To protect and serve.

Johney

According to this story there were two bad guys and the driver in the truck and all three were killed. As well as a bystander. Not sure if Coral Gables in done out of Doral or Ft Lauderdale building.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
The robbers were to busy shooting at the cops that were trying to charge the truck like dumb asses!! They did not shoot our driver! The cops shoot our driver!!! The cops should of treated it as a hostage situation and not tried rushing nthe truck with guns blazing and over 200 bullets hit the truck!!! I'm all for supporting the police, but they :censored2:ed this up big time and with so many incidents of cops playing Rambo with overwhelming shoots fired, it's time for a change!!!

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
The robbers were only shooting at the cops because the cops were rushing to the truck. The cops should of stayed back under cover and treated it like a hostage situation because that's exactly what it was! PERIOD!!! The robbers might not of shot in that situation because they had a hostage. This was total bill :censored2: on the cops. They could of stayed back a distance because they were completely surrounded by 20-30 patrol cars at every intersecting street!!!!

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I’d did not have to have to go this way. They could have easily sniped the hijackers from the front, disable the truck than surround it with armored truck. As far as I know police opens fire only when hostage life is in danger. They unleashed their fire power with no regard to the public safety, one officer is seeing hiding behind an SUV and pointing his rifle!!!. This is nuts
My thoughts and prayers are with his family
This happened in Florida, not Hollywood.

Mack37

RIP to the driver, just terrible.

Police need to be held accountable in this country, I’m sick of them getting a pass on every god damned thing.

Zowert

The Miramar police deleted a tweet stating something to the effect of ' update: no police officers were injured in today's shooting'. Not a single mention of the others they shot.

It got lit up with outrage and is now deleted.

So insensitive.
Twitter

We just saw you blast 300 bullets into the side of a truck killing an innocent person. But yeah, let's update you on us, and only us. Twisted behavior.

They killed two innocent people, the UPS driver and someone in a nearby vehicle. It was a pretty tasteless tweet. Basically; Don’t worry we are okay! Oh btw we killed a couple innocent people, but at least the criminals are dead! ffs

I heard (watching the news) the robbers opened fire on the police some time before the shootout. Those guys didn’t want to be taken alive that’s for sure.

This was a very tough situation for the police to be in. Do you stay back, take cover and let the suspects fire at will? Or do you close in, engage and try to end it as quick as possible? Seems like a lose-lose situation. If those idiots murdered the UPS driver and killed a couple other people while shooting at police there would be the same, if not more outrage. The questions would’ve been different, “Why didn’t the police shoot the suspects sooner?”

I’m not trying to defend the action taken by the police. I’m simply trying to look at it from their perspective. I feel this was a tragedy that can only be blamed on the two pieces of crap that started it.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
They killed two innocent people, the UPS driver and someone in a nearby vehicle. It was a pretty tasteless tweet. Basically; Don’t worry we are okay! Oh btw we killed a couple innocent people, but at least the criminals are dead! ffs

I heard (watching the news) the robbers opened fire on the police some time before the shootout. Those guys didn’t want to be taken alive that’s for sure.

This was a very tough situation for the police to be in. Do you stay back, take cover and let the suspects fire at will? Or do you close in, engage and try to end it as quick as possible? Seems like a lose-lose situation. If those idiots murdered the UPS driver and killed a couple other people while shooting at police there would be the same, if not more outrage. The questions would’ve been different, “Why didn’t the police shoot the suspects sooner?”

I’m not trying to defend the action taken by the police. I’m simply trying to look at it from their perspective. I feel this was a tragedy that can only be blamed on the two pieces of crap that started it.

I agree what you you say. We were talking long into the night about this. I am questioning the police tactics. They are supposed to be trained for these situations. Why didn't they let the suspects "escape" in the truck out of populated areas into maybe the to the outskirts where they could have been taken down with no people around. Or give them an "out" and time to settle things down so the cops could bring in a negotiator and save the life of the UPS driver?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
If the suspects fired first the then the cops had two choices. Do nothing and more innocent people get shot (including them) or try and take them down. They basically sacrificed our guy for many others. Everyone need to put yourselves in their (cops) shoes first before rushing to judge.
If these animals were using a cop as a shield do you think they would have have shot him??????