UPS truck hit by train in Wenatchee, WA

JustTired

free at last.......
Glad everyone is OK.

Reminds me of a story I heard years ago. Somewhere right before my time, one of our drivers was hit by a train. When he came back to work, he had a ride-along with a supervisor (or maybe a center manager). This was back in the days before jump seats. The sup was standing in the step well. As they approached a RR crossing the driver was looking to his left down the tracks. At that very moment, the sup blew his nose. The driver immediately slammed on the brakes. The sups face was planted in the windshield.
I guess it would be even more humorous if you knew the parties involved, but still pretty funny.

Just a little humor to an otherwise serious situation.

Have a safe and merry Christmas everyone!

raceanoncr

wait and see if cell phone use while driving is not gong to be a top priority next year.

d

Gonna have to change their dispatch procedures in feeders, at least, HERE then!!!! Calling drivers all the time on their PERSONAL cell phones to stop at diff p/u or check trailers at diff location, etc.

Even told me I HAVE to give them my cell phone number! I replied, "Uh, yeah, right. Hold on, I'll be back in a few days with it. If I'm not here in a few days with it, wait longer".

I have to agree with mc4you2. When I came to work Management had the pics playing as a slideshow on a PC in the Office. It was not done in jest, but as a reminder Nothing is worth it. The dilivery that matters is when you walk through your door and your wife and kids say Dad's home.