UPS trucks being robbed.

UPSGUY72

I'd protect myself by handing them the keys.

I let them have the truck I don't know about the keys as I wouldn't be hanging around long enough to give them to them.

Also most criminal that hold up people aren't going to shoot you especially in broad daylight. If they do they were going to do it whether or not you gave them what they wanted.

SCV good to go sir.

Last week when I was covering a nice residential area, one of the residents told me that they're seeing an increase in theft with driver released packages in their neighborhood. And I remember last peak I'd get a message almost everyday about robbers in cars following drivers and stealing packages. I'm surprised drivers aren't targeted more often.

Having said that I wouldn't be opposed at all with allowing UPS drivers to be armed. I'd happily memorize 25 more DOK questions and tolerate PCMs about gun safety for the privilege of carrying a firearm.

Oak

Give them whatever they want. You are on the clock until you are relieved of duty, rescued, however you want to say it. You're going to get your eight.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Some of the lowest life scum you can find. They should just do everyone a favor and hold themselves at gunpoint first.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Piss poor as in the conceal and carry law is nowhere near as relevant as if should be. Open conceal and carry should be permitted in all states at all time.

"Open concealed carry" is an oxymoron. You cant openly carry a concealed handgun.

I do agree with the general point of your post, however. Self defense is a fundamental human right.

Packmule

You can COMPLY all you want.

Still won't save your life if the gunman starts shooting.
I've never violated the policy, but I've long considered gun free policies to be the stupidest thinking there is. Keep hoping for federal legislation that overrides all such policies.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I'd protect myself by handing them the keys.
That's what I do, Hell I will even teach them to drive it.
I'm not going to get shoved into my truck, I will be out of it, or on my way out if someone is jumping in. They are not there to rape, they are there for quick turn around items.
They would prefer as little human contact as necessary, Just hand them the keys, and leave the area.

upsman68

What do you do when a person on area shoves a gun in your face and wants your package car?

"Give them the keys, leave the area, and notify a supervisor"

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I've never violated the policy, but I've long considered gun free policies to be the stupidest thinking there is. Keep hoping for federal legislation that overrides all such policies.
Think about it.

UPS drivers are basically GUN FREE ZONES.

And we know how well GUN FREE ZONES protect people from bad guys, don't we?