UPS union jobs/hours cut during 2008-2009 recession?

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
We had a ton of accidents because the old timers were so used to their "area" that when it expanded they were not as knowledgeable and hit a ton of things.
Nah, they just didnt know the customers there and had to actually report accidents. No more notes on the garage door where they backed into it saying "Hey George, I'll be over this weekend and replace that for panel for ya!"...Tom.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
BoringCheeryAmericancreamdraft-size_restricted.gif
Um.. no idea but.. yeah sure. :)
Black Snow Men's Lives Matter

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Nah, they just didnt know the customers there and had to actually report accidents. No more notes on the garage door where they backed into it saying "Hey George, I'll be over this weekend and replace that for panel for ya!"...Tom.
I always carried a $100 bill in my wallet just for these occasions

JustDeliverIt

I started in Spring of '07 on preload, didn't have many new hires for a little while. Our part time seniority list has very few names on it with a '08-'09 dates. Starts to increase again in '10

undies

I was a FT driver that was laid off for many years, 08-13, off and on. Initially was offered 8 hours in hub then eventually the Union got wise and got the company to offer up FT driving work in other buildings in the local. I drove out of 95% of areas in my local, way better than hub work even if I had to rent a hotel room for the week.