UPS wants us to pay 90 dollars a week for health insurance!?!?!?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I don't budget that tight. Between the wife and I we have plenty disposable income. Just might have to piss away a little less. Granted we put ourselves in this position by saving diligently for 30 years.

So then it would change your lifestyle?
How much would upset you from your path of least resistance?
What about your Teamster brothers that haven't had the opportunity to save for thirty years?
All of this working for a company enjoying record profits, quarter after quarter.

Thank God you and the like weren't the ones paving the way to where we are today.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I'm looking for the post where I said I welcome the opportunity to pay for my healthcare. Thankfully I took advantage of my compensation and put my self in a position that I could absorb it if need be. Hopefully not.

iruhnman630

I'm looking for the post where I said I welcome the opportunity to pay for my healthcare. Thankfully I took advantage of my compensation and put my self in a position that I could absorb it if need be. Hopefully not.
You committed the cardinal sin of downplaying the level of suffering you would feel. Unacceptable.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

You committed the cardinal sin of downplaying the level of suffering you would feel. Unacceptable.

Hypothetical suffering.

It's your apathetic tendencies that piss us off, albeit real or hypothetical.
Your willingness to absorb whatever the company dishes out is shameful.
Your unwillingness to fight for yourself and the unborn is unTeamsterlike.
Because whether you want to acknowledge it or not, many men and woman before us suffered and fought for us to be in the position we are in.

The Milkman

Because whether you want to acknowledge it or not, many men and woman before us suffered and fought for us to be in the position we are in.

:youreright::goodpost:

Buck Fifty

We have all the leverage,if we stick together. We should strike people ! For all those worried about this fluff the company is spewing, dont, striking will set you free ! Course they have pills for that too.

So what are you saying ? Women have more balls than him ?

brown_trousers

We had a meeting with our steward about the contract negotiation and he was telling us its at a stand still right now because the company wants us to pay 90 dollars a week for health benifits

hmmmm. I thought Obamacare was suppose to make health-care more affordable, not the opposite! $90 a week will make health care over a billion times more expensive for us at UPS

bumped

hmmmm. I thought Obamacare was suppose to make health-care more affordable, not the opposite! $90 a week will make health care over a billion times more expensive for us at UPS

I don't think this has anything to do with ObamaCare. This has to do with big business taking as much as it can from the little guy. (Or giving as little as it has to)

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Oh yes this is because of Obama care. The thing about the afforabale health care act, it punishes those who have healthcare already, it also goes after health insurance agencies as well. The attempt to get everyone on O-care. Trust me, if UPS wouldnt need to pay fines on their workers who are covered, they wouldnt. Obama care strickly attacks the buisness straight out. So much for not paying more taxes, so much for lower class and middle class. This will cripple everything you know about America today. This is an attack on successful buisness companies.

Many people have been saying this from the start. So I guess you got what you voted for, good job! You were warned before, now and today. "These are the times that will test mens souls, George Washington."

Some of the details I've heard. 30$ a week if your single, 60$ if you're married and 90$ a week if you have kids under the plan.

Many people work at UPS just for the healthcare. I do see a lot of people, mostly Pters, leaving because of Obama care. Why work a crappy job for healthcare when its coming from the government. The only people wanting to stay around would be those looking for fulltime job openings. Again, attacking the business. The turn over rate would go threw the roof!