UPS Will not be Dominant in the next Decade

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Hey if you think you can armchair CEO go into corporate and make big changes. I leave it to them to run the show, I deliver. People on here think costumers give a rats ass about their delivery company. They want their :censored2: and they want it as quick as possible, they don’t care about cheap/slave labor, they don’t care who makes it, how it’s transported as long as it’s at their doorstep. They have absolutely no brand loyalty, if FedEx undercuts us by a nickel the costumer will follow them. There’s four competitors in the entire country, we’re like cable companies. They’re some of the worse reviewed and worse places to work for but guess what, that’s all we get you don’t have a choice. UPS doesn’t have to have good service. Fedex, Amazon and USPS are all equally :censored2:ting the bed in customer service but it doesn’t matter because the stuff has to move and they don’t have another choice.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Hey if you think you can armchair CEO go into corporate and make big changes. I leave it to them to run the show, I deliver. People on here think costumers give a rats ass about their delivery company. They want their :censored2: and they want it as quick as possible, they don’t care about cheap/slave labor, they don’t care who makes it, how it’s transported as long as it’s at their doorstep. They have absolutely no brand loyalty, if FedEx undercuts us by a nickel the costumer will follow them. There’s four competitors in the entire country, we’re like cable companies. They’re some of the worse reviewed and worse places to work for but guess what, that’s all we get you don’t have a choice. UPS doesn’t have to have good service. Fedex, Amazon and USPS are all equally :censored2:ting the bed in customer service but it doesn’t matter because the stuff has to move and they don’t have another choice.
There is too much to deliver already.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
UPS leadership is foolish and have no concept of sound strategy. This is uncontroversial.

The reason why we're going to go down hard, and soon, however, is because UPS thinks it can play the cheap labor game with expensive union labor.

Instead of playing to our advantage: depth of service, we cut service (C.I.R.) and play to the competitor's advantage. A smart company would increase depth of service and force its competitors, by way of customer expectation, to increase their level of service beyond which their cheap labor-force can provide. For every service UPS provides its competitors must provide an offering.

UPS has totally lost control of the shipping industry by allowing cheap labor, and cost cutting, to become the rule. We have remained dominant in the dawn of cheap labor and half-assed service, but don't expect that to last.
Amazon can/will operate at a loss and their shareholders and investors accept that. How can expensive union labor compete against them by playing the game according to their rules?

Personally, I have spent the last three years investing in property, and other endeavors, so that in five years or so I can comfortably watch UPS crumble and its leadership and invertebrate minions commit suicide.
I kindly prompt all UPSers to do the same.
Cheap labor? Blame the Teamsters.

myback

CIR is good in many instances. When I go into a business and the customer is busy do something else, they don't have to stop working to sign for a package in most instances.

Believe it or not at one time this company didn't have driver release in most places.
Now it's throw and go. How many drivers even bother to knock on the door anymore?
Knocking on the door is considered an invasion of private property and causing a public disturbance all of which will be swiftly blamed unto the driver as an official complaint, don’t do it.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Right now amazon is 51% of e commerce, that more than every other shipper in the game combined.

Well, FXG got rid of Amazon butt this " e commerce" term keeps popping up on my daily "end of day" scanner process.

It breaks it down to "regular" stops/packages vs. "E commerce" ones % the percentage is similar... I'm guessing most of them are the former USPS barcodes (smart post /sure post).

An average route that I cover now carries 4 hard plastic totes to contain the smalls in an organized stop order.

I have to adopt the USPS way and strap a smaller tote in the cab and stock my 20+ smalls in stop order to be runner gunner (not paid hourly)
sketch-1583285234080.png

Used to like my box truck, butt I'm no longer doing rural areas... this is faster just like what USPS does on the dead space in the front.

Plus who doesn't do this when in a similar u haul or other branded rental?

sketch-1583285824023.png

PS I can't fathom how those Amazon DSPs are driving around with white bags and brown envelopes scattered on the dashboard... doesn't the reflection distract you???

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Knocking on the door is considered an invasion of private property and causing a public disturbance all of which will be swiftly blamed unto the driver as an official complaint, don’t do it.
Wut???? Do you realize how ridiculous that is? In what state in this country is knocking on one’s door an invasion of private property and a public disturbance?