ups withholding my money and needs to pay up now

Ok so I had a check from ups from December. Deposited the check two days ago. Showed up on account balance. Today I look at my balance and I see they took the check amount off so I go to my bank to investigate. Bank says after I deposited the check they attempted to collect the funds from ups but it wasn't there. Insufficient funds. Which is strange being that ups is a huge company. Called hr and she referred me to the supervisor of my center. Supervisor says it's something with my bank. Bank says it's something with ups. Bank says the only possible explanation is if ups stopped the payment on the check, in which ups says to see if that's the case I would need the original check. Etc Etc.

But wait let's back up a bit. Why haven't I gotten my money right now!?? It's a valid, non-expired check what's the deal?? Any advice or answers that y'all can give me? I'm seriously considering taking legal action idc. Wth is going on with my money

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Ok so I had a check from ups from December. Deposited the check two days ago. Showed up on account balance. Today I look at my balance and I see they took the check amount off so I go to my bank to investigate. Bank says after I deposited the check they attempted to collect the funds from ups but it wasn't there. Insufficient funds. Which is strange being that ups is a huge company. Called hr and she referred me to the supervisor of my center. Supervisor says it's something with my bank. Bank says it's something with ups. Bank says the only possible explanation is if ups stopped the payment on the check, in which ups says to see if that's the case I would need the original check. Etc Etc.

But wait let's back up a bit. Why haven't I gotten my money right now!?? It's a valid, non-expired check what's the deal?? Any advice or answers that y'all can give me? I'm seriously considering taking legal action idc. Wth is going on with my money
Go to another bank.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

You should have used direct deposit

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

You get nothing and like it!

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Ok so I had a check from ups from December. Deposited the check two days ago

You waited over 2 months to deposit a check?

Which is strange being that ups is a huge company

That is not strange. UPS is a huge corporation.

Bank says the only possible explanation is if ups stopped the payment on the check

If it was a legit check in the first place, the bank is correct. Or you deposited it already.

Why haven't I gotten my money right now!??

You got your money 2 months ago. Not UPS's fault you waited 2 months to cash a check.

It's a valid, non-expired check what's the deal??

Maybe because you already deposited it into your account 2 months ago? You know, take a picture of the check with your cell phone and deposit it. You then still have the original check to deposit again. Does not work this way.

I'm seriously considering taking legal action

You gonna hire an attorney over a couple hundred dollar check?

Take the check back to where you worked and talk to a sup about it.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Call monkey butt toll free from anywhere in the continental US and Canada 1-800-eat-butt.... He can get your info and forward it to some of his corporate hot shot friends in Atlanta....supposedly butt was a big wig out at the Corporate office and made a ton of connections....

You waited over 2 months to deposit a check?

That is not strange. UPS is a huge corporation.

If it was a legit check in the first place, the bank is correct. Or you deposited it already.

That's what ups was suspecting too, dishonesty on my part. But no, there is nothing to this happening from my end other than what I said.

You got your money 2 months ago. Not UPS's fault you waited 2 months to cash a check.

I can cash my check anytime I like within those 90 days that the check is valid so what does that have to do with anything?

Maybe because you already deposited it into your account 2 months ago? You know, take a picture of the check with your cell phone and deposit it. You then still have the original check to deposit again. Does not work this way.

Nah man

You gonna hire an attorney over a couple hundred dollar check?

Take the check back to where you worked and talk to a sup about it.

If the bank would be right, then why would ups stop payment on the check? Turned in my uniform too. ?