UPS Work Ethic - IS America Losing It?

Faceplanted

Similar to statistics you can spin a documentary anyway you want it.

And it's tough to say my view is an American perspective when I clearly have the minority view here.
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE87L0ZW20120822

A huge project but China is doing this all over. This one project relocated close to 1.5 million farmers to major cities. The government moved them, gives them a "great job" at a factory. These people get housing taken out of their pay weather they live there or not. So they are forced to live in the on ground housing. This helps the greedy corporations get more hours out of their workers. They lived crammed in tiny tiny apartments, the ones who still have family don't have time to go back to the country side and see the ones who didn't get relocated. China is using technology to increase farming out put and moving these people to cities. They have no skills beside what they learn in the factory which is a specific skill on an assembly line. They can't just go get another job. The conditions are terrible, hot dangerous and inhumain. If u think that's ok good for u. i don't.

China is in need of labor laws ala our industrial revolution but the American corporations will see to it that it won't happen.

Suicides are low because of the Asian culture. It's not acceptable to commit suicide at any level, here it's undstandable. Lots of worker suicodes are recorded as personal time accidents (fell out the window or off the balcony)

I'm mind blown you think its normal for on ground factory housing to have nets under all the windows.

The Chinese mindset is till communist so don't think your getting 100% truth out of them. Everything is still censored pretty heavily compared to the U.S.

Browntown2014

They may be adults, but unlike in decades past, far fewer go to college with any real life experiences including a job. You'd be shocked how many students in my classes have never held a job. I heard one girl say she could keep up with the 3 credit 100 level class I'm in because she works 10 hours a week. Here I am a schmuck working full time. Their rights should be restricted because Egyptian art may fascinate them, but after they flip a few burgers they may realize a degree with some value may be more important.

There is also much more automation than 50 years ago.

And they take their work to countries with people who possess a work ethic. The Chinese will work 12 hour days and not break a sweat. Look at the Koreans. Their kids go to school from 8 AM to almost 11 PM. They're taught a work ethic from birth. We give our kids Xboxes and tell them it's okay they came in last place, they're still winners.

Working/going to school from 8am to 11pm should not be looked at as desirable.

Browntown2014

No people are moving to the cities because they believe they will have a better quality of life. Nobody is forcing them to move there.

My father runs a facility in Suzhou, China that makes chemicals for Foxconn. He's actually been to the Shenzen (Fun fact, that is the UPS Pacific hub, wanna bet it has to do with Foxconn?) facility with the nets several times. There are 300,000 people that work there. You are going to have suicides with that many people. If you actually look at the rates they are LOWER than the average suicide rate for China and all 50 states. But why let facts get in the way of a 60 minutes piece?

It's slave labor over there dude. Sorry.

Browntown2014

When my brother was little he wanted to be a scientist. Well he had his 4th grade science fair and that kid did some crazy good work (I know, I'm biased). It took him a couple weeks to do his science experiment, then he made a word search and crossword puzzle with sciencey words in there, IN LATIN. I couldn't even do the crossword puzzle. They handed him a participation ribbon and I'll never forget his response "I did all that work for that?"

Poor kid tied with someone who took some shots off of google and put it on some poster board.

Good lord you have some entitlement issues.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
A huge project but China is doing this all over. This one project relocated close to 1.5 million farmers to major cities. The government moved them, gives them a "great job" at a factory. These people get housing taken out of their pay weather they live there or not. So they are forced to live in the on ground housing. This helps the greedy corporations get more hours out of their workers. They lived crammed in tiny tiny apartments, the ones who still have family don't have time to go back to the country side and see the ones who didn't get relocated. China is using technology to increase farming out put and moving these people to cities. They have no skills beside what they learn in the factory which is a specific skill on an assembly line. They can't just go get another job. The conditions are terrible, hot dangerous and inhumain. If u think that's ok good for u. i don't.

China is in need of labor laws ala our industrial revolution but the American corporations will see to it that it won't happen.

Suicides are low because of the Asian culture. It's not acceptable to commit suicide at any level, here it's undstandable. Lots of worker suicodes are recorded as personal time accidents (fell out the window or off the balcony)

I'm mind blown you think its normal for on ground factory housing to have nets under all the windows.

The Chinese mindset is till communist so don't think your getting 100% truth out of them. Everything is still censored pretty heavily compared to the U.S.
Read your article further. They aren't being moved back because of the threat of landslides. If the government moved them back you and others would scream that China is evil for forcing them back.