UPS workers in Sparks protest pay cuts for part-time employees

Karma...

I suggest that you all add in wages, medical benefits, retirement benefits and paid time off to get what you get........maybe if part-timers who are covered by their parents benefits are permitted by the teamsters to get that portion back into their pay they would be happy......its not a fair system where money concerned.......much money coming in and not much money going out.......the part-timers support the full-timers benefits both medical and retirement.....extortion.....look for it to continue.........take a look at the earnings....domestic is poor while international is good.........think about it and consider the options and what you would do if you were ceo. time for ups to be split into 2 companies.....time has come today.....time........biden is beating the economy into the ground.......

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I'm glad that they are giving us something for dependable attendance and hopefully they could work something out for the next contract because 15/hr is not that much when accounting for rising inflation and taxes. The workers and management have a lot in common and I feel that they will agree to a good contract for the workers. Is there anything that the workers could do now or do we need to wait until the new contract in 2023?
If you want more get a full time job

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
UPS workers in Sparks protest pay cuts for part-time employees - News 4

United Parcel Service (UPS) workers across northern Nevada and California are protesting outside seven different facilities Thursday to speak out against pay cuts for part-time employees.

UPS said despite making record-breaking profits last year and recently increasing prices for customers, the company cut the pay for nearly 4,000 part-time employees across the area this week.

A spokesman for the Teamsters 533 Union said the pay cuts amount up to $6 per hour for some workers living in some of the most expensive housing markets in the country.
Ha my old stomping grounds....right to work ( for less ) state.

Debbie , the BA at 533 is very strong. She'll do her best to help.

Frank888

Reliability is definitely an important character trait and they should be giving bonuses based on your success metrics. How could you be anti-bonus?