UPSer's Are Not Endorsing Hoffa!!!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I'm not afraid to strike. I did it in 1997. I was prepared for it then and I'll be prepared for it in 2018. I don't live beyond my means. Unlike alot of people at UPS who think they are executives and buy $$$$$$$ big homes and expensive motorcycles. I live in the same house my wife and I bought as a part-timer. Its almost paid for.

I'm not the one in '97 that was crying because there wasn't any strike fund for them and 1 week in couldn't figure out how to pay their bills. They were crying "let us vote." It'll be worse this time. If I was them I'd just replace us. I'm good. I have a CDL I can go drive at Holland, YRC etc. What will the pkg car drivers do?

Thats the problem with people like you. You all have big stones till it happens then they schrivel up to BB's. But then again you'll probably cross.
Ron Carey had an agenda.

Some kind of (ill thought out) personal vendetta.

I still maintain to this day.... UPS just called his bluff.

But, underestimated the political climate.

Pretty much.

UPS isn't stupid. They always have thought, in the long term.

The technical term.... would be "delayed gratification" :biggrin:

Boom.

Nuff said.

-Bug-
I'm hosting a poker game this weekend, and I am hereby inviting you both.

I sincerely hope the two of you can make it.

~Bbbl~

LeadBelly

Banned
You young guys whine and complain. But, you guys are given plenty of hours. The best insurance in the country for part time. Vactions and sick time off. Every opportunity to improve yourself.

Not our fault that most leave before their guaranteed hrs. The disgrace is 90% of pt don't vote. You realize pt could own every contract. If they sent back a prepaid envelope.

Starting as a casual is way worse than anything a part timer can complain about.
You are one big walking contradiction.

LeadBelly

Banned
I was here in 97. It was the best time for me. I got to hold my then 3rd kid.

. We had a strong leader then. We got a good contract.. Unlike give away Hoffa. Next contract will be my 30th. I may drop out after
Did you by chance fight in world war 1? If you did why don't you start a thread about that in the Life After Brown forum?

LeadBelly

Banned
Ron Carey had an agenda.

Some kind of (ill thought out) personal vendetta.

I still maintain to this day.... UPS just called his bluff.

But, underestimated the political climate.

Pretty much.

UPS isn't stupid. They always have thought, in the long term.

The technical term.... would be "delayed gratification" :biggrin:

Boom.

Nuff said.

-Bug-
Just like he had an agenda with raising the pension to 3000 across the board. Reelection. I asked TN of central states this this year. He said Carey screwed that whole fund to get reelected just to be kicked out.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Just like he had an agenda with raising the pension to 3000 across the board. Reelection. I asked TN of central states this this year. He said Carey screwed that whole fund to get reelected just to be kicked out.
Assuming that all of that is true, which I am not, Hoffa has had 18 years to do what needed to be done to right this supposed heinous deed "that has forever crippled the Central States Pension"....

....yet somehow other Teamster pension funds have remained viable with similar or higher benefit levels?

With this in mind, what else would Tom N. say, "No it was my fault"???
LOL!!!!

Let me pose another question, if Carey did what he did to get elected and it was a mistake, couldn't the parallel assertion be made that Hoffa has done next to nothing to undo this "injustice" because it might affect his ability to get re-elected???

Can't have it both ways fella.

ezmoney5150

Assuming that all of that is true, which I am not, Hoffa has had 18 years to do what needed to be done to right this supposed heinous deed "that has forever crippled the Central States Pension"....

....yet somehow other Teamster pension funds have remained viable with similar or higher benefit levels?

With this in mind, what else would Tom N. say, "No it was my fault"???
LOL!!!!

Let me pose another question, if Carey did what he did to get elected and it was a mistake, couldn't the parallel assertion be made that Hoffa has done next to nothing to undo this "injustice" because it might affect his ability to get re-elected???

Can't have it both ways fella.

The fund made changes in 2002 took away the and out at any age. 2008 made changes that people cant retire or receive till age 65. Not once did he add more like Carey did.

As far as other pension funds doing better, read this brainiac.

Attachments

• Critical and declining status pensions.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 432

oldngray

nowhere special
The fund made changes in 2002 took away the and out at any age. 2008 made changes that people cant retire or receive till age 65. Not once did he add more like Carey did.

Neither statement is true. The any age clause remained in some locals and certainly members can retire and receive benefits before 65.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

...and in late 2007, he let the biggest contributor out of the fund.

In 2014, with the aid of UPS, he helped lobby for and push through MEPRA.

Thanks Hoffa, for nothing.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Pretty Simple. Newtons Laws of Physics. For every action there is a reaction. If Zuck wins and we go on strike, that will be the ramification of your vote.

I'm sure I won't be able to say I told you so because you guys won't make a peep on here if that happens. Plus some of you will be unemployed if not all of us. There's a reason there are such things as Orion, PAS, Automatic Transmission trucks etc....

Much easier to replace us.
I'll bet the new hires that are in 4 year progression that will be out of a job for a while or permanently won't be happy.......but wait that's who tdu claims they care about when talking about the 4 year progression as a concession

ezmoney5150

...and in late 2007, he let the biggest contributor out of the fund.

In 2014, with the aid of UPS, he helped lobby for and push through MEPRA.

Thanks Hoffa, for nothing.

Yeah, Thanks Hoffa for trying to save our fund with MEPRA. Hoffa didn't let anything. I'll say it again, so put a finger in your ear to keep it from going out the other one. UPS had the money and they got out. The only thing we could have done is strike them. And to be honest I don't think they would have had the votes to strike them. Then what would have happen?

Did you read the at risk pensions? probably not. Being educated is a bad thing.

ezmoney5150

Neither statement is true. The any age clause remained in some locals and certainly members can retire and receive benefits before 65.

Not in Central States. Locals could if they had their own fund. Right now if you retire at 55 from UPS all your CS time will be paid by UPS until you reach 65. Then you'll get two checks.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
He's conveniently leaving out that was only for those freight employees, whose employers were no longer making full contributions to the fund on their behalf.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Not in Central States. Locals could if they had their own fund. Right now if you retire at 55 from UPS all your CS time will be paid by UPS until you reach 65. Then you'll get two checks.
So, why did Hoffa wait 11 years to make this "prudent" move, only after allowing UPS (by far the biggest contributor to the fund) to withdraw (as they tried in '97)?

Oh yea, "they had the money and we couldn't stop them"?

SMH