UPS's best ideas - No commit time over relaxed, Xmas week

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Not the time to put that crap in my head
image.jpeg

JL 0513

Perhaps but I still contend that 90 minutes relaxed would have been the better option for all involved. 90 minutes relaxed worked well in the past and I don't see why it wouldn't have worked well this year.

That still eats up a lot of extra time. If you're on a 100 mile route, you often have to cover the whole area during you air run and start you route at the beginning when done. So even with a 90 min time relax, you still have to cover your whole route before 12.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
That still eats up a lot of extra time. If you're on a 100 mile route, you often have to cover the whole area during you air run and start you route at the beginning when done. So even with a 90 min time relax, you still have to cover your whole route before 12.
Even more fun on a 250 miler. Love the no commit.

542thruNthru

I had 22 resi NDA on my route on Wednesday. That's not counting the business ones. Today I had just under 30. Sorry but a 90 min relaxed commit time was not going to help me.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had 22 resi NDA on my route on Wednesday. That's not counting the business ones. Today I had just under 30. Sorry but a 90 min relaxed commit time was not going to help me.

I didn't realize that NDA was supposed to accommodate you.

I agree that it was a whole lot easier to run it in trace. We had late air and had to come back to the building but even with all of that my helper and I were still able to get off 175 stops, make a sweep of my bulk pickups, take a full lunch and still be punched out and gone by 1800.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I didn't realize that NDA was supposed to accommodate you.

I agree that it was a whole lot easier to run it in trace. We had late air and had to come back to the building but even with all of that my helper and I were still able to get off 175 stops, make a sweep of my bulk pickups, take a full lunch and still be punched out and gone by 1800.
It's not suppose to ... unless Management says it can!