UPS's best ideas - No commit time over relaxed, Xmas week

Quiet ...I already said that!
image (14).gif

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
In 2016, UPS can't just hold back trackable boxes.
It would not shock me that non-essential non-holiday business shippers were asked to hold those shipments until next week.
I delivered to a store years ago and I had 8 boxes of Valentine Cards from American Greetings a week before Xmas.
I'm sure that Account Executive worked out a deal with them to delay shipments. It probably happens more often now.
I almost believe this except that in my area yesterday, Comcast mass shipped new voice controlled remote controls to customers who didn't have it already. I did over 400 deliveries and 50 of them were stupid remote controls. Probably could've waited til next week and not be sent on peak day?

Tell that to the customer that got her medicine at 5 PM
I can't because she died....

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I almost believe this except that in my area yesterday, Comcast mass shipped new voice controlled remote controls to customers who didn't have it already. I did over 400 deliveries and 50 of them were stupid remote controls. Probably could've waited til next week and not be sent on peak day?

Just Comcast being Comcast.

no more than 9

"Livin' the Dream"
Running our routes straight EDD with no air this week has probably saved this company a lot of missed packages. Relaxed commit was nice but this has been way smoother. I'm assuming this is nationwide.

They also told us that we could ask for a paid lunch this week. I will not do this because if they wouldn't offer it the other 51 weeks of the year, I'm not doing it.
No paid lunch here, has anyone else been offered this??

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
if the customer pays for NDA, the shipper don't care, they are not paying that bill...

You should probably refresh yourself on shipping refund procedures.
Also the shipper would be highly motivated to get money back.
The customer pays the shipper a flat rate (if any at all), the shipper can reimburse themselves for UPS failing on their end.

This is all moot if UPS has told all shippers of the week's delivery procedures.

clean hairy

Even in state, a Title Co. could have a time the docs have to be received by.
As well as a Realtor or a law firm.
They are buying a time commit where they cannot wait till whatever time for ground to get to them.