UPS's Long Hiring Process

obguwan

I am being recruited by UPS for a Fulltime Supervisor position of Carrier Relations Tech Supervisor at a Grade 1D pay. Does anyone know what the range is for pay Grade 1D???? I want to ask but yet I don't want to jump the gun in asking this question too soon. I think I have faired pretty well so far being that I have had passed 2 panel interviews and passed 2 test. Now they are asking me to complete another phone interview. How much longer could this hiring process be????

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
I am being recruited by UPS for a Fulltime Supervisor position of Carrier Relations Tech Supervisor at a Grade 1D pay. Does anyone know what the range is for pay Grade 1D???? I want to ask but yet I don't want to jump the gun in asking this question too soon. I think I have faired pretty well so far being that I have had passed 2 panel interviews and passed 2 test. Now they are asking me to complete another phone interview. How much longer could this hiring process be????

UPS is screwy. I'm one thousand miles away from my brother in Chicago's p/t management ranks and UPS corporate blocked my advancement into management. Local HR and operations supervisors say its one of the stupidest policies they've ever heard of. Good luck with your interviews!!

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
there was a time when it was No family at all.. even if you were on different coasts..:cool:

I know. I've heard that from people here. Still...the fact operations and local HR said one thing while corporate says another says a lot about internal communication and/or uniformity. Grad student in a business-type or oriented program...had to say that:cool: . -Rocky

tieguy

Banned

I'm pretty familar with grades and pay scales. I have never heard of a 1D job.

obguwan

UPS is screwy. I'm one thousand miles away from my brother in Chicago's p/t management ranks and UPS corporate blocked my advancement into management. Local HR and operations supervisors say its one of the stupidest policies they've ever heard of. Good luck with your interviews!!
I don't have any family members that work for UPS so I have no idea what is taking so long. I don't know what the technicalities for hiring family members but a buddy of mine from college is a Supervisor and his brother is an over the road driver with UPS. I don't have any family members with UPS unless it is a long lost relative.

Sammie

The UPS folks I used to work with think your Grade 1D position
is found within the ranks of Supply Chain Solutions. Not a shabby deal, that!

Sammie

The position is with UPS SCS but what did they say the pay range is for this particular scale?

THAT info would be like breaking into Ft. Knox! (You know UPS!!!)

And none of us plebe's would know salary information, but I wish I could promise you 50K a year, a company Mercedes and a padded expense account..... :blush:

ImpactedTSG

THAT info would be like breaking into Ft. Knox! (You know UPS!!!)

And none of us plebe's would know salary information, but I wish I could promise you 50K a year, a company Mercedes and a padded expense account..... :blush:
Sounds like most of the drivers in the district I worked in. Minus the expense account.....oh, and the salary was more like 70K with overtime. LOL

bear123

It's probably that ups is afraid that you two would get together and conspire and try to take over the company.:lol:

Sammie

Sounds like you and your bro are two admirable, upstanding,
worthy, solid, citizens.

And terribly honest to boot!!!

I usually hear about the siblings, cousins, parent/child,
husband/wife teams, etc. who fib and end up working together at the same company.

obguwan

Well folks, i have completed another phone interview and i have yet to receive an offer. As a matter of fact, they are talking as they would like me to come onsite again for another interview. How much longer could this take? if the salary is going up with each interview, that would be good but i doubt that is the case.....

tieguy

Banned
Well folks, i have completed another phone interview and i have yet to receive an offer. As a matter of fact, they are talking as they would like me to come onsite again for another interview. How much longer could this take? if the salary is going up with each interview, that would be good but i doubt that is the case.....

the more you come back the better. Don't expect the world on your salary offer. The offer is usually modest. If you do a good job they bump you up quickly with a six month and the first one year increase.

obguwan

the more you come back the better. Don't expect the world on your salary offer. The offer is usually modest. If you do a good job they bump you up quickly with a six month and the first one year increase.
thanks for the motivation. i hope something comes through soon.

Pip

obguwan, It is a timely process sometimes. When I was hired, I had 4 interviews over the course of a month. Scheduling for both parties was the worst.

Keep in mind, for the most part, UPS doen't usually rush into something far as decisions being made, the rushing part will come after you get hired.:lol: :lol:

obguwan

obguwan, It is a timely process sometimes. When I was hired, I had 4 interviews over the course of a month. Scheduling for both parties was the worst.

Keep in mind, for the most part, UPS doen't usually rush into something far as decisions being made, the rushing part will come after you get hired.:lol: :lol:
i'm afraid to ask what you mean by being rushed after getting hired?? What type of position are you in with UPS?