UPS's OPL ANR SCAM

H

hitthebigone

What do you think the courts will say when they see the OPL claim record then see copies of the driver's check garnishments and the document he signed authorizing the garnishment?
Ethics? Entegrity? UPS OPL ANR

T

tieguy

"Do you think UPS collected the 5000 buck claim from OPL? The Employee only? Perhaps both?"

You have facts? Do you realize its generally not a good idea to call someone a thief without proof?

H

hitthebigone

You are right Tieguy. Why was the employee garnished in the first place? Must have had the facts...

B

brown39

Hey, will you just give it break here, no one cares on Yahoo, no one cares here, you are dead wrong in your assumptions. Just move on.

L

local804

16 CASEY, ANNIE E. (FOUNDATION) 1,249,998 Planned Sale
(Estimated proceeds of $79,911,747)
wonder what thats all about....
wall.gif

T

traveler

I'm sure it is simply a balancing of the portfolio. As I understand it, every charitable non-profit must give away a certain percentage of its value annually. In the case of the Annie E Casey Foundation that comes to one large amount of money. To give that money away, they must have cash, not stock. I believe you will see this kind of sale for many years to come. Also, from what I have read, the foundataion has such a large value that it is sometimes difficult to find worthy causes to support and fulfill IRS rules concerning the distribution of assets!

If only I could figure out how they could give some of that $$$ to me
clapbounce.gif
icon45.gif
santa.gif

H

hitthebigone

Wow that Annie E. Casey foundation really unloaded. Wonder how many OPL ANR shares they hold?

T

traveler

I'm sure with some time and energy you could find out how many OPL shares they do hold! Their filings as a charitable foundation are a matter of public record I do believe.

<u><font size="+1">Please let us all know the FACTS as you find them.</font></u> It would be far more beneficial than ranting and raving about OPL constantly while giving no evidence.

L

local804

CASEY, ANNIE E. (FOUNDATION): Declared Holdings
Company/Relationship Reported Shares Ownership
United Parcel Service Inc
Unspecified Relation
NYSE:UPS
(historical quotes, profile, SEC, financials, other insiders) 2003-06-16 not reported

Insider &amp; restricted shareholder transactions reported over the last two years
Date Shares Stock Transaction ADVERTISEMENT

2003-06-16 1,249,998 UPS Planned Sale

T

tieguy

"16 CASEY, ANNIE E. (FOUNDATION) 1,249,998 Planned Sale
wonder what thats all about...."

The short answer is that the Annie Casey foundation is required to liquidate and disburse a percentage of their portfolio each year. I'm not sure but I believe its approximately 10 percent a year. This amount has grown dramatically as you see since the stock value doubled around the time of the IPO. Jim Casey started the Annie Casey foundation in tribute to his mother and sunk a good percentage if not most of his stock into this foundation. Jim as a founder obviously had a lot of stock in UPS. The last I saw a mere hundred shares of jims shares back then would make you a millionaire in todays world.

H

hitthebigone

So Traveler, if as a charitable organization they are required to sell shares of a company that would'nt and won't let them who is the law breaker? no evidence? you obivously have not followed the posts long...the money trail is alot of evidence in itself...money out of my and others pockets went into somebody's!

T

tieguy

Your latest statement again makes absolutely no sense. If your trying to mobilize some type of support in your cause you need to add some sanity and some facts to your rantings and ravings.

T

traveler

big-un,

A charitable organization "MUST GIVE AWAY" a percentage of the value of the foundation annually, as I said. How they make the cash available is not mandated. They can sell whatever they choose or that is most beneficial or are able to sell. Other foundations have a greater mix of stocks and bonds in their portfolio and CHOOSE what to liquidate to raise cash.

<font color="ff0000">You are still spewing nonsense.</font>
barf.gif
Have you done any research on how many OPL shares the foundation owns? You obviously have not found any FACTS!!

H

hitthebigone

Watch the expenses pile up for August 6 2003 shareholders meeting. "Orderly run offs" shareholders meeting can be quite costly.

H

hitthebigone

One rip of victims letter of complaint to soon be posted.

T

tieguy

Hit did ya see the share value increased. Isn't that wonderfull?

H

hitthebigone

Yes, Are we back in the parcel reinsurance business or did Mary Hennesey just talk them all into selling the ANR stake for about a buck on 24?