Upstate and Western New York.

Integrity

Binge Poster
How is it fair to screw over the member who care enough to vote? 65% of the people who actually care voted NO, yet they get screwed over because of the lazy POS who couldn't even bother to vote? I would call that less than fair.
I am sorry that your rank and file are so weak. You should be mad about the nonvoters not at the Teamsters Organization.

Hadjabear

Our Leadership is pathetic. At this point they don't even mention that it's imposed from low voter turnout, they simply state 4 more supplements remain outstanding. This should illegal, that they have an opinion on our contract, they are supposed to be representing us with our employer.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Our Leadership is pathetic. At this point they don't even mention that it's imposed from low voter turnout, they simply state 4 more locals remain. This should illegal, that they have an opinion on our contract, they are supposed to be representing us with our employer.
They should be encouraging people to vote, that is, unless it benefits them not to. They wouldn’t do that would they? /s

Integrity

Binge Poster
Our Leadership is pathetic. At this point they don't even mention that it's imposed from low voter turnout, they simply state 4 more locals remain. This should illegal, that they have an opinion on our contract, they are supposed to be representing us with our employer.
I am sorry to have to say this to all that read but anyone with 2 eyes to see and even a little time under their belt know that Teamster Leadership is not perfect but if compared with the apathetic rank and file, general membership the Leadership is light years stronger than a large major of those on the floor.

Most should be ashamed to even call themselves Teamsters.

Sorry.

rod

Retired 22 years
I don't get it. Vote the original offer down then spend 6 months fighting for a better offer ---then only 46% of eligible voters vote? Must be a lot of brain dead people out there.

Hadjabear

I don't get it. Vote the original offer down then spend 6 months fighting for a better offer ---then only 46% of eligible voters vote? Must be a lot of brain dead people out there.

That's the kinda of talent they one gets when pay is :censored2:. I see it all around, the ones that look bright, ones you could actually hold a conversation with, they realise very quickly it's not worth $10.xx busting their back when they can work any other job for same or more pay and not have to bust their backs.

Just the other day I was talking with a part timer who said others were telling him to become a supervisor because "I stand up against the higher ups" and the way he wat talking sounds like he is actually considering it...

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
They should have used that 2/3 rule to send Hoffa out of office. He didn't win be 2/3 and we had way less than a 50% turnout.

See how he likes it.

They did exactly what I knew they would. That just ended any reason to vote. Democracy is now a thing of the past. Here is your contract. It's close enough. But, hey ya got a raise.

Integrity

Binge Poster
They did exactly what I knew they would. That just ended any reason to vote. Democracy is now a thing of the past. Here is your contract. It's close enough. But, hey ya got a raise.
You are kidding.

If anything is learned it is the importance of voting, everyone voting. Everyone who doesn't vote should get out and find another job.

They are at fault here.