Upstate and Western New York.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I don't get it. Vote the original offer down then spend 6 months fighting for a better offer ---then only 46% of eligible voters vote? Must be a lot of brain dead people out there.
I’ll bet almost nothing changed and the members saw the writing on the wall that the union was not going to make significant changes or find a way to push it through.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Unbelievably. A second vote, and you have less vote. We wil NEVER get a fair shake with the 2/3 rule. I know Carey put it in, blah blah blah. Still unfair to people who care about the future
CAREY DID NOT IMPLEMENT THE RULE, HE DELUTED IT!!!

Prior to that, it didn't matter if 100% voted, two thirds was required to reject a "final offer".

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I am sorry to have to say this to all that read but anyone with 2 eyes to see and even a little time under their belt know that Teamster Leadership is not perfect but if compared with the apathetic rank and file, general membership the Leadership is light years stronger than a large major of those on the floor.

Most should be ashamed to even call themselves Teamsters.

Sorry.
Attitude reflects leadership. Hence the apathy

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Good plan to increase voter turnout.

Not voting.

Good plan.
When 65% of the membership are indigent part time workers, 50% participation will always be unlikely.

The "good plan" was executed by the IBT, who rediscovered and reinterpreted an antiquated article in the Constitution that has no place being utilized in any UPS contract now, or in the future.

Integrity

Binge Poster
When 65% of the membership are indigent part time workers, 50% participation will always be unlikely.

The "good plan" was executed by the IBT, who rediscovered and reinterpreted an antiquated article in the Constitution that has no place being utilized in any UPS contract now, or in the future.
2/3 majority is not a new concept in democracy.