Upstate Got Hit By A Car

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Dave, I'm glad you are OK, but I hope you did or will get checked. You never know, and I don't think either you or your supes have medical degress.

alwaysover, all I can say is 'Damn!' At least you'll miss the rest of the cold weather.

alwaysoverallowed

I was walking downhill a sidewalk and it was icy and crooked. I got all the way to the end and down I went, well my leg snapped and I fell because I could stand on one leg where I was. Called the office then called an ambulance. Surgery next week.

Future

Victory Ride
First off, glad you are OK!
I wonder if UPS Driver, postal workers, etc, are just not there as people and people don't see them.
People see with their brain ... not with their eyes.
I've seen some ad hoc examples of people just not seeing the ubiquitous brown uniform because their mind discards that information.
Damn.....25points for using ubiquitous!!!!

wayfair

swollen member
Had a driver get nailed last peak, hit pretty good, no broken bones... I told him to get an attorney because the company isn't going to go after the driver... told him it might take a while for the litigation but it's better to make sure down the road... runner gunner though

Packmule

I was reattempting a COD yesterday afternoon. Approached a marked crosswalk and made eye contact with the car to my left. As I entered the crosswalk that motorist decided to proceed, striking me on the left hand side of my body between my hip and knee, knocking me to the ground. Thankfully he was going less than 5mph so the impact was minimal and I was not injured. To his credit he did get out of the car and repeatedly asked me if I was OK----he even pulled to the side to wait for me to come back from the stop to again ask if I was OK. Several other motorists also got out of their cars to make sure I was OK. I sent an ODS alerting them as to what happened and that I was OK to so that they wouldn't be surprised if someone called in saying I had been hit. The only thing I should have done that I didn't was get the license plate and driver's license information of the driver who hit me.

It's amazing how much concern your mgt team will have for you when they read an ODS message which starts "I have been hit by a car while in a marked crosswalk...." They wanted me to go the doctor and had my on-car finish the day with me. I am a little sore but will be going in this morning. I have a feeling I know what the topic will be at this morning's PCM.

Take the extra second or two to make sure they see you at crosswalks and, if something does happen, make sure to get all of the necessary information and communicate with your mgt team.
Just glad you're ok.

fiddledee

I was reattempting a COD yesterday afternoon. Approached a marked crosswalk and made eye contact with the car to my left. As I entered the crosswalk that motorist decided to proceed, striking me on the left hand side of my body between my hip and knee, knocking me to the ground. Thankfully he was going less than 5mph so the impact was minimal and I was not injured. To his credit he did get out of the car and repeatedly asked me if I was OK----he even pulled to the side to wait for me to come back from the stop to again ask if I was OK. Several other motorists also got out of their cars to make sure I was OK. I sent an ODS alerting them as to what happened and that I was OK to so that they wouldn't be surprised if someone called in saying I had been hit. The only thing I should have done that I didn't was get the license plate and driver's license information of the driver who hit me.

It's amazing how much concern your mgt team will have for you when they read an ODS message which starts "I have been hit by a car while in a marked crosswalk...." They wanted me to go the doctor and had my on-car finish the day with me. I am a little sore but will be going in this morning. I have a feeling I know what the topic will be at this morning's PCM.

Take the extra second or two to make sure they see you at crosswalks and, if something does happen, make sure to get all of the necessary information and communicate with your mgt team.

wow! glad to see you're ok.

I wish it could have been me.