Upstate Got Hit By A Car

To who? We lose money on each subsequent attempt on a COD; .

We?

You donate the money earned during that second attempt to Jerry's Kids or something? :)

I did some CODs similar when I had my route if a customer was busy. Give them the notice and just check back in before I left the area.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Awe that's nothing I broke my leg in three places yesterday and dislocated my ankle.

I do hope you feel better and that was a d!ck move to make you finish the route
View attachment 10992

Excuse me sir, how dare you divert attention away from the OP?!

Judge-Judy-Shake-My-Head.gif

gingerkat

Dizzee… agreed! I don't care if I break my face, as long as no one sees me fall.

This year I fell pretty hard when I tripped over a huge crack in the sidewalk. I was so embarrassed, and when I got back to the truck I asked my driver "hey, did you see that"? I stopped him before he could even respond and said "even if you did see it, please say you didn't". He asked me if I was okay? Then he smiled, patted me on the shoulder and said that he was impressed at how quickly I jumped back up, and not to worry as seasoned drivers (including himself) trip and fall too.

Oh great, just great - lol

wayfair

swollen member
I hope they offer free lunches there for to make the extra effort...

I'm glad the company has brainwashed you into thinking we lose money on send agains.
last time I checked, profits were at record levels

wayfair

swollen member
Dizzee… agreed! I don't care if I break my face, as long as no one sees me fall.

This year I fell pretty hard when I tripped over a huge crack in the sidewalk. I was so embarrassed, and when I got back to the truck I asked my driver "hey, did you see that"? I stopped him before he could even respond and said "even if you did see it, please say you didn't". He asked me if I was okay? Then he smiled, patted me on the shoulder and said that he was impressed at how quickly I jumped back up, and not to worry as seasoned drivers (including himself) trip and fall too.

stepped in hole covered by leaves this peak and went to the ground... was having a rough day, so I laid there and laughed it off.... told a shuttle driver about it later, and he said "it could have been worse, you could have landed in dog :censored2:"

Catatonic

Nine Lives
stepped in hole covered by leaves this peak and went to the ground... was having a rough day, so I laid there and laughed it off.... told a shuttle driver about it later, and he said "it could have been worse, you could have landed in dog :censored2:"
That is the reason as a driver that I tried to stay on sidewalks and driveways.
Ankle sprains are not fun.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
the leaves were covering the hole on the sidewalk
I wasn't questioning your actions ... the memory of twisting my ankle walking across a yard just popped in my head.
Twisted my right ankle last year walking down the middle of the street ... apparently a big truck had gouged out a foot long hole in asphalt.
7 months later it still hurts ... sucks getting old when you don't see the contrast of the hole in the asphalt and it takes so long to heal.

wayfair

swollen member
I broke my leg in 2 places right above the ankle, 8 years ago.. when I got back to work, 3 1/2 months and 50 lbs later, I had stepped out of an old, high-step 800, onto a rock and turned that same ankle... ow the memory

:devil3::devil3::devil3::devil3::devil3::devil3:

He was looking at your butt! he probably only noticed, you gave him a better view!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

'm glad the company has brainwashed you into thinking we lose money on send agains. Last time I checked, profits were at record levels

Let's say you pay $10 to ship a pkg and that it cost UPS $1 to pickup and another $1 to deliver the package. Net profit=$8. Deduct $1 for each subsequent delivery attempt.

wayfair

swollen member
Let's say you pay $10 to ship a pkg and that it cost UPS $1 to pickup and another $1 to deliver the package. Net profit=$8. Deduct $1 for each subsequent delivery attempt.

and what is top driver rate in your area? do you get paid less for making another delivery attempt on the second/third day?

wayfair

swollen member
"we" lost money the moment you went back for a duplicate stop, before making service on all other services you had yet to do... then "we" lost more money because you got hit by a car by not "expecting the unexpected" and didn't "YELL" at intersection

But, you said you would make a second attempt on your pickup loop. Therefore you were already going to be in the area thus making that second attempt cheaper to make than lugging the box back to the center, the requisite handling of said pkg, the second attempt and so on until the COD can be collected. Not counting also not standing around for the 10 minutes you mentioned at 30.72 waiting on someone to be free to take the delivery. So in effect your common sense method of making a second attempt upon return to the area plus the check being ready actually cost $.60 to make thereby actually saving the WE money overall.

"we" lost isoney the moment you went back for a duplicate stop, before making service on all other services you had yet to do... then "we" lost more money because you got hit by a car by not "expecting the unexpected" and didn't "YELL" at intersection
Got that right!.....sounds like stealing time to me! Did his OC direct him to go back? doubt it!