US can send fresh weapons to Ukraine within days

Box Ox

Today's New York Post cover:

nypc.jpeg

rickyb

What that graph doesn't say is that the U.S. has a much larger population than the others. There are more people doing well in the U.S. than in the entire population of many of those countries. So it's not a fair comparison.
i keep hearing excuses.

rickyb

There's nothing wrong with being working class. That's a far cry from poverty. What matters is whether there are opportunities for upward mobility? Still a lot of opportunity in the U.S.
the matrix tells us we have opportunity when the reality is the opposite.

maybe you once had a lot of opportunity and you havent caught up with reality

vantexan

the matrix tells us we have opportunity when the reality is the opposite.

maybe you once had a lot of opportunity and you havent caught up with reality
I don't need a lot of opportunity. But in this country people start comparing and succeed all the time.

rickyb

I don't need a lot of opportunity. But in this country people start comparing and succeed all the time.
you said america has a big economy and therefore lots of opportunity to go from poor to something better. i said its opporunity is not much better than chile.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Sure, but they’re probably not going to kick the Russians out with the level of support we’re willing to provide.

I hope our objective is to help Ukraine enter and utilize a strong negotiating position. Unrealistic goals will eventually lead to the Ukrainians being overrun.
Except the Biden administration hasn't said that's their position.

They said they'll support Ukraine in whatever they choose to do.

Why would Ukraine ever negotiate peace when we're throwing billions of dollars their way?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The world has blown up and Biden's terrible foreign policy is a big part of that.

Now these BlueAnon conspiracy theorists are trying to say it's all part of some secret master plan to get Iran. The country Biden has been helping to get billions of dollars to.

Trust the plan!
Lol.

rickyb

The world has blown up and Biden's terrible foreign policy is a big part of that.

Now these BlueAnon conspiracy theorists are trying to say it's all part of some secret master plan to get Iran. The country Biden has been helping to get billions of dollars to.

Trust the plan!
Lol.
US doesnt want war with iran so those guys are wrong. iran doesnt want war either.

vantexan

you said america has a big economy and therefore lots of opportunity to go from poor to something better. i said its opporunity is not much better than chile.
Chile has a decent economy for its size. But nowhere as big and diverse as the U.S.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
We were afraid of Russian intervention? You do know we took out about 500 Russian mercenaries in Syria don't you?

When are you going to realize that Russian demographics are some of the worst in the world? That their oil production in Siberia was being managed by British Petroleum, which pulled up stakes at the start of the war? That Russia since the fall of the Soviet Union has limited industrial capacity? That their education system has been falling apart since the '80's?

Russia isn't some juggernaut who's going to overrun the West. They can't even overrun Ukraine. Their economy has been terribly mismanaged. Ukraine is exposing them for the paper tiger they are. They may ultimately beat Ukraine just because of sheer numbers. But this war was supposed to be over very quickly but it's over two years now and Russia has gotten the worst if it. Close to a million Russians have left the country to avoid military service.

Israel is a First World country with nukes and a modern military. It retaliated against Iran. It's not at war with Iran. Not similar to how Ukraine is draining Russian resources. Israel is draining resources fighting Hamas. That's why they're getting our aid.
You pretty much just said the same thing I did earlier .
Glad you are agreeing with me, seems you are smarter than I thought.

vantexan

You pretty much just said the same thing I did earlier .
Glad you are agreeing with me, seems you are smarter than I thought.
Oh wow, what an endorsement. You're spreading the BS about degrading Russia to keep them from being strong enough to attack NATO. They aren't going to attack NATO. Putin isn't that deluded.