Use of PVD outside of peak

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
There should be strong Union members, that can bother to vote on their own contract.

But, less than half (45%) that even did. Only 22% on the strike vote.

It's the Unions fault.... right ?

That's what the Union took to the table.
The question I ask now is
What are we doing to increase awareness and voter turnout?
That’s what it’s all about right now in my local

What'dyabringmetoday???

There should be strong Union members, that can bother to vote on their own contract.

But, less than half (45%) that even did. Only 22% on the strike vote.

It's the Unions fault.... right ?

That's what the Union took to the table.
Sure thing- so you support subcontracting. Got it. Also got the fact that the union hates UPSers but loves their money.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
What is the local 162 national arbitration? It has never been mentioned
It's been difficult to parse any solid stances from them.
It would also be interesting to see performance/safety measurements for them like someone deep within the company might see.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
They used to have veteran drivers with Seniority list that stood at entrance asking who got a ballot or not.

I remember when I first hired in actually taking an oath at the union hall with hand raised...similar to signing up in the military.

All you have to do is study the voting percentages for the elections and contracts. There are roughly close to 40 % that actually turn in a ballot, and only 20% that would vote on a strike authorization. The General President generally gets in with less that 20% of the membership voting for his ticket.

Over70irregs

Apathy. Vets not schooling young ones just trying to lay low and max out Peer. So many newbs don’t know any names. No get togethers like the past. Also union has less accountability when membership not engaged. As long as Friday paper comes...... Forgot- Tech directing cardboard makes us dummer, which is what they want.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Apathy. Vets not schooling young ones just trying to lay low and max out Peer. So many newbs don’t know any names. No get togethers like the past. Also union has less accountability when membership not engaged. As long as Friday paper comes...... Forgot- Tech directing cardboard makes us dummer, which is what they want.
I totally agree.

My concern is.... what happened this last contract ? It could not have been easier.
I will say that every low senority driver has in my building has learned that apathy towards the contract gets us bent over. The text threads and pre pcm meetings in the locker room and parking lot with 95% of drivers in attendance have been really cool to be a part of. We are banding together. Even the 22.4’s are just so overworked they are less concerned with rocking the boat now. So many just quit. And the ones that stay, god bless them; it’s still 55 hours every week for those poor dudes.