Vacation check one or two weeks before vacation?

Hey feller browns. Is there a tab on upsers that shows scheduled vacation dates? My girlfriend threw out my marked calender a few months ago not knowing I used it to remember my dates. I tried to check Friday with my part time sup, but he didn't know as my vacation is on the full-time chart now. I forgot about this, as I am a cover driver and still used to my vacation being on the part time sheet.

Earlier this year me and another driver got our vacation check one week before our scheduled vacation and I was just assuming that it was the same this go around, but my supervisor insists it's two weeks after my vacation check, which now is making me concerned.

I'm from the Columbus Georgia area (31909). Is the any union language that specifies this? I read my book and it didn't say anything about vacations.

If all else fails I'll just go in early Monday to find out for sure, but if there's a another way to find out for sure then that would be cool.

ihateloading

You can look on UPSERS to see when your vacation is under the TIME OFF tab. You do get your vacation check like two weeks before you go on vacation. Which is dumb. They should give them to us a week before or during our vacation week imo

You can look on UPSERS to see when your vacation is under the TIME OFF tab. You do get your vacation check like two weeks before you go on vacation. Which is dumb. They should give them to us a week before or during our vacation week imo

I checked the timeoff tab and it only shows a chart of my vacation and sick days available left to be used and when they would reset/replenish, but not when my vacation dates are actually scheduled unfortunately.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
ou do get your vacation check like two weeks before you go on vacation. Which is dumb. They should give them to us a week before or during our vacation week im

I have to agree 100% very dumb.

Makes zero sense that they give it to you in advance then you are left without a check the week after you go on vacation. Every other place just codes out the vacation week the same week you are off and nothing ever skips a beat. Maybe it's a courtesy to do it here so you have a little extra money to play with while on vacation.

IDK, if you need extra money to "play with" then maybe you really can't afford or shouldn't take vacation.

MattM

I just recently Had two weeks vacation. Both were given two weeks prior to the first week ending Friday pay check.

For example. July 19th paycheck had a August 3rd week ending vacation check, along with a August 10th vacation check.

I worked the week ending July 26th; and then had two weeks off. I had a paycheck on the 3rd, but not on the 10th or 17th. Yet I had three checks two weeks prior.

It's one of the weirdest systems I have been a part of.

542thruNthru

Makes zero sense that they give it to you in advance then you are left without a check the week after you go on vacation. Every other place just codes out the vacation week the same week you are off and nothing ever skips a beat. Maybe it's a courtesy to do it here so you have a little extra money to play with while on vacation.

IDK, if you need extra money to "play with" then maybe you really can't afford or shouldn't take vacation.

They changed it to two weeks because of the amount of times UPS screws up and doesn't pay you for Vaca. The 2 weeks gives them time to fix it before you go on vacation. Instead of finding out Friday before that you won't be paid for vacation the next week.

Hey feller browns. Is there a tab on upsers that shows scheduled vacation dates? My girlfriend threw out my marked calender a few months ago not knowing I used it to remember my dates. I tried to check Friday with my part time sup, but he didn't know as my vacation is on the full-time chart now. I forgot about this, as I am a cover driver and still used to my vacation being on the part time sheet.

Earlier this year me and another driver got our vacation check one week before our scheduled vacation and I was just assuming that it was the same this go around, but my supervisor insists it's two weeks after my vacation check, which now is making me concerned.

I'm from the Columbus Georgia area (31909). Is the any union language that specifies this? I read my book and it didn't say anything about vacations.

If all else fails I'll just go in early Monday to find out for sure, but if there's a another way to find out for sure then that would be cool.
They should have the vacation schedule posted at your building

Or here is another crazy idea..... Ask your sup

I can understand this for part timers, as most work another job and use the part time job for extra money thus it would be a nice vacation supplement.

However for full-time drivers, yes this seems erratic. I have offend wondered over the years if UPS made it intentionally confusing with the week ending dates vs starting to manipulate some into working that week.

I have had this happen in the past to myself and seen it happen to other lower seniority drivers/part timers during a projectively heavy week. Of course this is negligence on my end/employee but said negligence is expected and taken advantage of, at least in my hub.

I can understand this for part timers, as most work another job and use the part time job for extra money thus it would be a nice vacation supplement.

However for full-time drivers, yes this seems erratic. I have offend wondered over the years if UPS made it intentionally confusing with the week ending dates vs starting to manipulate some into working that week.

I have had this happen in the past to myself and seen it happen to other lower seniority drivers/part timers during a projectively heavy week. Of course this is negligence on my end/employee but said negligence is expected and taken advantage of, at least in my hub.
Next time you pick your vacation make a copy of it and take a picture of it. Problem solved

scooby0048

They changed it to two weeks because of the amount of times UPS screws up and doesn't pay you for Vaca. The 2 weeks gives them time to fix it before you go on vacation. Instead of finding out Friday before that you won't be paid for vacation the next week.
Maybe if they code out everyday like the rest of the time, they wouldn't have so many friend* ups.

Just thinking out loud trying to earn my "useful" trophy!:rolleyes:

scooby0048

I worked through a vacation once in my life and that was when I was a cop to help quell a prison riot. NEVER would I work for this S*hole while on vacation. IDC if managers have to work 112hrs a week to cover the schedule I 'm not going to be there.

Next time you pick your vacation make a copy of it and take a picture of it. Problem solved

I actually take a picture of the chart every year. For some reason the sup's get really wierd of about that though. They act like I'm trying to infrige on everyone else's.. "privacy"?

This year the heat killed my phone, lost it. Girlfriend threw away my calender. Can't :censored2:in' win dude.