Vacation Pay -- NOT Paid

km3

No problem with buses, but he did say he has dental surgery scheduled for that week off.

If he is in Teamcare, he needs to be paid for his vacation or he is going to be footing a hugh dental bill.

No, if it's scheduled for the week he has off, there shouldn't be a problem, since it would be the following week he loses his benefits.

It's like...If you work today, you get paid next week. If you don't work this week, you lose benefits next week. My understanding is that his dental surgery is scheduled for the week he has off (and still has benefits available). That's why I say he should watch out for buses. He'll be without insurance for a week in which anything can happen, but he shouldn't have a problem with his surgery...unless he has another surgery or appointment scheduled for that week.

Last edited:

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
No, if it's scheduled for the week he has off, there shouldn't be a problem, since it would be the following week he loses his benefits.

Incorrect. Not if he is in Teamcare.

If you don't work this week, you lose benefits next week.

Incorrect.

My understanding is that his dental surgery is scheduled for the week he has off (and still has benefits available).

No, he would not have benefits if he took the week off unpaid.

He'll be without insurance for a week in which anything can happen,

Yes, for the week he has dental surgery scheduled.

but he shouldn't have a problem with his surgery..

Ummm, yes he will.

Teamcare.jpg

IESucks

It's like...If you work today, you get paid next week. If you don't work this week, you lose benefits next week. My understanding is that his dental surgery is scheduled for the week he has off (and still has benefits available). That's why I say he should watch out for buses. He'll be without insurance for a week in which anything can happen, but he shouldn't have a problem with his surgery...unless he has another surgery or appointment scheduled for that week.
You are incorrect on all points

IESucks

Incorrect. Not if he is in Teamcare.

Incorrect.

No, he would not have benefits if he took the week off unpaid.

Yes, for the week he has dental surgery scheduled.

Ummm, yes he will.

View attachment 179632
Finally someone that actually knows instead of guessing

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
That information comes directly from my BA, not guessing.

You better check with your BA again and bring him the Teamcare SPD. It's right there in black and white.

You can red X all you want. You, and your BA, are wrong.

There is already a ruling on this, by the way. Tell your BA to look it up.

And there is nothing wrong with sticking up for your BA. It is just that they are not right 100% of the time.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You better check with your BA again and bring him the Teamcare SPD. It's right there in black and white.

You can red X all you want. You, and your BA, are wrong.

There is already a ruling on this, by the way. Tell your BA to look it up.

And there is nothing wrong with sticking up for your BA. It is just that they are not right 100% of the time.
Yeah 688 got screwed on that ruling.

We work one day a month and ups pays a full months H&W. i would love see that hold up in court.

Oh well yes ups gave us the money for his healthcare but we denied him
Coverage.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
That doesn't disprove what I said at all.

That information comes directly from my BA, not guessing.

I'll take this one step further. You seem to be in Teamcare. Open your booklet to the coverage section. It says that you don't have coverage for any week that UPS is not obligated to make a contribution.

It even gives a layoff as an example.

Let's say an employee is laid off for a week, and then works the next week.

According to you, and your BA, this employee has insurance for the week he is laid off, but does not have insurance for the next week, the week he is actually working and not laid off.

You guys are funny.

Sorry, but the payment sent to Teamcare pays for the current week, not the next week.

I'll hold my breath for some more of those red X's, even though you are wrong, as proven by the panel ruling.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Likely would get bills from Dr.s or Dentist's saying no insurance coverage long before a Cobra notification showed up. But you're right.
I'm saying even if he didn't go to the dr.

The cobra letter would let him know he wasn't covered