Vacation Pay -- NOT Paid

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I'm saying even if he didn't go to the dr.

The cobra letter would let him know he wasn't covered

Correct.

And you can gamble. You can take a week off without pay and lose your Healthcare for that week.

You are fine if you or your family member does not have to see a doctor.

Now, if you gambled and lost, someone had to see the doctor, you can always pay the COBRA when the letter arrives and you are covered.

Now, a doctors visit may only be $100. Cheaper just to pay that than the COBRA payment.

But if something serious happened, drop the $300 or so for the COBRA payment and your coverage for that week is reinstated and all bills will be paid.

Do you feel lucky?

Johney

Correct.

And you can gamble. You can take a week off without pay and lose your Healthcare for that week.

You are fine if you or your family member does not have to see a doctor.

Now, if you gambled and lost, someone had to see the doctor, you can always pay the COBRA when the letter arrives and you are covered.

Now, a doctors visit may only be $100. Cheaper just to pay that than the COBRA payment.

But if something serious happened, drop the $300 or so for the COBRA payment and your coverage for that week is reinstated and all bills will be paid.
This is what I was told by Teamcare when I had to take an unpaid week off once.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
This is what I was told by Teamcare when I had to take an unpaid week off once.

And you were given the correct info.

That is how it works.

UPS makes weekly payments to Teamcare. If you don't have any compensated time for a week, UPS makes no payment to Teamcare for that week and you have no Healthcare coverage for that week.

But COBRA is the back up plan.

But it will cost you to use it.

Liquid Red

The plot thickens:

1) I am a SHE
2) I had the dental work done yesterday (Wednesday) :halfdead:
3) On UPSERS.com - under my payroll, it shows I was paid for Vacation, though it was NOT sent by direct deposit, as normally processed.
4) Today I was paid for last week (that I worked) and it WAS sent direct deposit.
5) It is Teamcare and I am in Texas

Clear as mud ? lol...

IESucks

Ma
The plot thickens:

1) I am a SHE
2) I had the dental work done yesterday (Wednesday) :halfdead:
3) On UPSERS.com - under my payroll, it shows I was paid for Vacation, though it was NOT sent by direct deposit, as normally processed.
4) Today I was paid for last week (that I worked) and it WAS sent direct deposit.
5) It is Teamcare and I am in Texas

Clear as mud ? lol...
make sure they have a check for you tomorrow with this week as the paid week.otherwise your claim will be turned down by insurance

Liquid Red

The "Advice Date" for the Vacation check is 02/07/18 (yesterday)
The pay period is 01/28/18 - 02/03/18
Again, I have not physically received these funds....just shown on UPSERS

Is that correct or not correct ?

IESucks

The "Advice Date" for the Vacation check is 02/07/18 (yesterday)
The pay period is 01/28/18 - 02/03/18
Again, I have not physically received these funds....just shown on UPSERS

Is that correct or not correct ?
Nooo. Should say for this week! Your vacation week.

IESucks

Interesting...it does not. I'm going to get to the bottom of this.
Are you a driver or part time . I've been there, brings back memories of them screwing me up. I would advise you to go in to ur manager tomorrow with check they have waiting for you. They do not in most cases understand you need a paid day to continue insurance. You should go in early, give him the check, explain that this week is your vacation and you must have a check indicating its for this week, not last week like it shows. He can call and should call payroll while ur standing there and tell them the same thing. Request it overnighted and get it sat am . Another option is to have them pay you for an option day for tomorrow(Friday). Only problem with that is making sure no one forgets to do that.3rd option if ur a part time that punches in on a computer instead of Diad would be to let you work 5 minutes and punch out. Trust me, I know it sucks. Wish someone would have told me this years ago

Liquid Red

Are you a driver or part time . I've been there, brings back memories of them screwing me up. I would advise you to go in to ur manager tomorrow with check they have waiting for you. They do not in most cases understand you need a paid day to continue insurance. You should go in early, give him the check, explain that this week is your vacation and you must have a check indicating its for this week, not last week like it shows. He can call and should call payroll while ur standing there and tell them the same thing. Request it overnighted and get it sat am . Another option is to have them pay you for an option day for tomorrow(Friday). Only problem with that is making sure no one forgets to do that.3rd option if ur a part time that punches in on a computer instead of Diad would be to let you work 5 minutes and punch out. Trust me, I know it sucks. Wish someone would have told me this years ago

I am P/T. I have been on vacation all this week. But if I need to go in tomorrow and speak with my manager, I certainly will. (I had been working with my friend/T supe, not Manager)

I will NOT get screwed on this, I promise you that. I also had everything pre-authorized by Teamcare, if that matters.

IESucks

I am P/T. I have been on vacation all this week. But if I need to go in tomorrow and speak with my manager, I certainly will. (I had been working with my friend/T supe, not Manager)

I will NOT get screwed on this, I promise you that. I also had everything pre-authorized by Teamcare, if that matters.
Doesn't matter one bit, you must show some kind of pay for this week even if its a few minutes. Otherwise ur medical bill will say not qualified for benefits.

IESucks

Let me know what happens. Pulling for you

IESucks

Go in when payroll is working in am

IESucks

Yes...I'll go in about 8-9am...end of Preload. Thank you very much. This was an $8400 procedure...and it ain't getting sideways
Like I said. They don't usually know or care about this. You have the knowledge to make sure they fix it now. You can't take no for an answer

Johney

Yes...I'll go in about 8-9am...end of Preload. Thank you very much. This was an $8400 procedure...and it ain't getting sideways
Before you go in why not just call Teamcare and see if you had coverage for the procedure? At least see what they say at this point?