Vacation time

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
So old drivers should take their vacations in 3 feet of snow?

Yeah, so they can stay home instead of giving themselves heart attacks shoveling their driveways. :wink-very:

Or, high seniority employees are more likely to be able to afford to fly to Cancun, Tahiti, Bora Bora, etc. and get out of the snow. The rest of us would like to take family vacations without taking the kids out of school for a week, or for more than a weekend. It's ok, I guess if our kids never get to take a long family trip, they'll never miss the memories they didn't get to make. :sad-very:

While all the above is true, I understand why the system is the way it is. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Yeah, so they can stay home instead of giving themselves heart attacks shoveling their driveways. :wink-very:

Or, high seniority employees are more likely to be able to afford to fly to Cancun, Tahiti, Bora Bora, etc. and get out of the snow. The rest of us would like to take family vacations without taking the kids out of school for a week, or for more than a weekend. It's ok, I guess if our kids never get to take a long family trip, they'll never miss the memories they didn't get to make. :sad-very:

While all the above is true, I understand why the system is the way it is. Doesn't mean I have to like it.
I remember one year the last week available was in May. Rest of the year was full. We've all been there.

542thruNthru

Only people I have problems with are the people that schedule vacation but work it. Last year I started filing grievances because of it. One guy would take the week after xmas every year to make our center manager happy.

I've made a few life long enemies but friend it.

542thruNthru

So it was purely about production numbers not about having enough available people.

Yep. Management doesn't really care if they work or not but they were making deals with them to take prime weeks so that they would have more drivers available. So summer weeks usually. I've had this fight before in the past so it's nothing new. They try and be sneaky about it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yep. Management doesn't really care if they work or not but they were making deals with them to take prime weeks so that they would have more drivers available. So summer weeks usually. I've had this fight before in the past so it's nothing new. They try and be sneaky about it.
Sneaky sneaky