Vacation week change allowed?

I get 3 weeks of vacation according to the vacation bid sheet. At the time I filled the bid sheet(January)my family wasn't planning on going anywhere. But now things changed and the week they wanna travel isn't the week I bidded. Is it against company policy to change vacation week?

I get 3 weeks of vacation according to the vacation bid sheet. At the time I filled the bid sheet(January)my family wasn't planning on going anywhere. But now things changed and the week they wanna travel isn't the week I bidded. Is it against company policy to change vacation week?
Forgot to mention I'm on preload

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
what week did you want? Only a certain percentage are allowed off each week, if it’s taken by higher seniority employees you might be beat. Maybe ask your manager and if that doesn’t resolve it find out who’s on vacation a see if they will switch weeks with you, but do that on the down low.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I’ve had this work both ways. In preload, my FT was a dick. I called in one time in 14 months on preload and the one time he and I got into it pretty good, lol. He knew I was aiming to be a driver and it was getting close to bidding time and he basically threatened to take that away from me for missing one day. I filed a harassment grievance.
So when I asked him to switch a vacation week he basically told me to kick rocks and it wasn’t until I got a friend to give that week up for me and had to go to stew to get it done.
As a driver 2 summers ago I bought a house and asked to move up a vacation week from September for some extra time to get some sh** done. My center manager has no beef with me, I stay off of all of his lists. He said no problem and we talked fantasy football for a few minutes

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Wife and I both get a lot of vacation. Her 8 weeks me 5 but people are always amazed that we have to pick in oct/nov for the entire next year.

JustDeliverIt

Technically, they don't have to do anything. If the week you want isn't closed, it shouldn't be a big deal if your management team is ok and willing to work with you. If the week is closed, probably not going to happen. But ask and see what they say.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
And with the perfect stroke of the wrist...

We place a vacation....

Right...

Here...

Bob-Ross.jpg

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Find out who has that week and ask if they would like to switch a week with you.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Well people was abusing it. People with lots of seniority was picking vacations and then trade them with their buddies that didn't have a lot of seniority so they could get the weeks off that they wanted
Yep. Basically the only way they let you switch here is if the guy right above you closed it out.