Vacation

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Had a PTCD, who was my helper a few years and now drives almost every day, come up to me the other day with a question about his vacation check. He is still classified as a PTCD and as a result only received 20 hours at his preload rate. He made an excellent point-----he has not worked the preload in quite some time----yet was still considered a preloader who drove when needed. I told him to get with our steward as I do know that if he has x number of reports for the year that he would be considered FT.
Yea. I'd file on that. Take it to panal even

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

I have a question about how the vacation works when you go full time. In 2016 I was a part time cover driver and hub employee. When it was time to pick vacations, my hub supervisor asked me for my dates. I had been an employee for nearly 8 years so I got 2 weeks. I picked a week in May and 1 in September. Torward the beginning of the year, HR sent me an email saying I had gone full time and my seniority date was 9/14/16. So may gets here and I'm actually paid a week of driver vacation even though I put the vacation in with my old hub position supervisor. Well as a part time employee, I received 2 weeks at 20 hours a piece. When my vacation came after I went full time, it used all the hours for 1 week of vacation. I asked if I was still getting a second week in September and they said no. So technically I got 1 week this year. Is this correct?

You're going to get different answers on this one, different supplements/ and center managers just do :censored2: differently. When this happened to me, it was early in the year, so I got payed out early in the year, but my center manager let me take my vacation when I choose it as a part-timer, and it actually worked out better with the personal/sick days because they never kept up with how many I had used, I didn't push it and make it obvious though.

Here, it has nothing to do with being full-time for a year before choosing or getting your vacation credit, it's all based on when you go full-time, so if a guy goes full-time in October, guess what he gets, full-time hours on vacation and sick/personal days the next year. The guy right in front of me is a perfect example. That :censored2: ain't right!

It is true in the Central.

You get paid off for your PT vacations, which in this case was 40 hours that he got paid, (2 PT weeks at 20 hr/wk) and then have to work 1 year before being eligible for vacations again.

Central Region Supplement

Article 16 Vacations

Any employee who attains seniority must work an entire year in
order to be eligible for vacation. Once eligible, the employee will
select an available week between the eligibility date and the week
of Thanksgiving of that year. If there are no weeks available the
employee will be paid in lieu of time off. The Option week may be
taken after the completion of the eligible year.

That sucks.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
In the Atlantic you keep whatever vacations you bid but they will be paid at 20 hours per week since you earned them as a part timer.

upschuck

Your vacation time may say -45.00 on your next check, and will turn to 0.00 after your anniversary date in September. Some areas do that. That way you don't have to wait till September to take your accrued vacation time.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
upload_2016-10-27_18-46-52-png.102363