Vacations

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I have a book but there is nothing in it saying why the supervisor put 3 vac for me since I’ve only been there a year.
Well. Best I can say is don't count on being allowed to take the last one on the sheet.
And if you do, my guess is then you'll have negative vacation hours, and then you'll be in trouble next year.

I'd bring it up to a full time manager, and ask them what is going on.

Angler87!

Well. Best I can say is don't count on being allowed to take the last one on the sheet.
And if you do, my guess is then you'll have negative vacation hours, and then you'll be in trouble next year.

I'd bring it up to a full time manager, and ask them what is going on.
What about my union rep can I ask him?

Angler87!

Central region 2 weeks vacation after a year. Don't take the third if you want to get paid for it.
I was told from a guy that works in a ups facility in California I get 7 sick days,5 vacation days, 5 option days that equals out to 3 weeks but my boss today told me i don’t get nothing but a week until I have two years in .

boxerdan

First piece of advice don’t ever listen to anyone from California.

Next without looking at your supplement, I suppose it’s possible that after your seniority date you will have a vacation week, an option week, and 5 option days and maybe your supervisor combined all your option days into a third week.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
You mean local sort yup
No, he's asking southern California.

Our national contract also has regional contracts that determine things like paid holidays, vacation, specific health benefits.
You are in Michigan, part of the Central supplement. After one year of service, you get two weeks paid vacation.

Angler87!

So why did my union guy say I get 1 week plus a option week he called it so basically it’s two weeks . Why do I have 3 weeks of put down on the vacation sheet that was okayed and 2 denied?

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
So why did my union guy say I get 1 week plus a option week he called it so basically it’s two weeks . Why do I have 3 weeks of put down on the vacation sheet that was okayed and 2 denied?
Actually, I stand corrected. One week paid after one year, two after two years, 3 after 8.

Brownwind

I also was told I get a option week so really I was told I get two weeks? But I’m confused
After six months you get personal time. Sup probably doesn’t understand the rules. If your allowed time and it’s approved to use your sick days consecutively count it as a win.