Vacations

Angler87!

What's on the vacation schedule? When you selected your weeks, what kind of paperwork did you fill out and receive back from the company? Is your steward aware of your ongoing situation? Have you checked the Union Board for vacation rules? My advice would be to stop talking to management and have the union clear it up.
Never got any paper work back they don’t hand paper work back

JustDeliverIt

Never heard of it being done this way.

That’s how we do it. I get 4 weeks, I put down 5 I want in order of importance to me. If the first 4 are available, he hands it back with the last one crossed out. If one or more are closed, I get my slip back telling me just had to move to my 5th choice or how many more to pick.

This way he can do 10 or more in a day without waiting on everyone. Supe just contacts us if he needs to.

Angler87!

Bummer. I think you and I are under the same contract, so here's my guess at what's going to happen. On Aug 17th you will earn one week of vacation and two option days. They may also award you an option week, but that part I'm not sure about. Normally you should earn an option week on Jan 1st I believe, but that didn't happen for you this year because you didn't have a full year in yet. And then on Jan 1st of next year you should earn an option week for 2023.
So thanks for helping you are correct i just got it cleared up with the union guys tonight I get one week plus an option week for my first week . The supervisor screwed up with putting a 3rd week in .

Angler87!

That’s how we do it. I get 4 weeks, I put down 5 I want in order of importance to me. If the first 4 are available, he hands it back with the last one crossed out. If one or more are closed, I get my slip back telling me just had to move to my 5th choice or how many more to pick.

This way he can do 10 or more in a day without waiting on everyone. Supe just contacts us if he needs to.
Yeah they definitely don’t hand it back at my place my sup just puts it in a binder and on the shelf it goes. I act had to go as him then he showed me.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Seems easier to look at calendar and know what is available. But whatever works.

Up In Smoke

It’s weird how they do it at my work unless they have a calendar up and they haven’t showed it to me yet.
The contract is pretty clear as to the fact a vacation schedule must be completed by December 15th and posted in plain sight within a short time period. Our local language says 10 days from completion.

oldngray

nowhere special
The contract is pretty clear as to the fact a vacation schedule must be completed by December 15th and posted in plain sight within a short time period. Our local language says 10 days from completion.
It does kind of suck you have to pick your vacation weeks so early but it is what it is. No excuse for not knowing when everyone is scheduled.

Angler87!

Your right that’s what it says in my book but they didn’t show me any schedule