Vacations

Angler87!

Hi i was wondering I am new to ups part time I only get 1 week vacation for my first year correct? I was wondering when I did my vacation selection for the year why did I get 3 of my selections approved if I only get a week the first year?

JustDeliverIt

You get one week after one year working here.

As for getting 3 approved, either your supe screwed up or you listed your 3 choices. The first week you listed was available and that one was approved. Other 2 didn’t matter. If your top choice was full they would have crossed it out. At least that’s how we do it here.

charm299

Hi i was wondering I am new to ups part time I only get 1 week vacation for my first year correct? I was wondering when I did my vacation selection for the year why did I get 3 of my selections approved if I only get a week the first year?
Put all 3 in and don’t say nothing

Angler87!

You get one week after one year working here.

As for getting 3 approved, either your supe screwed up or you listed your 3 choices. The first week you listed was available and that one was approved. Other 2 didn’t matter. If your top choice was full they would have crossed it out. At least that’s how we do it here.
Your correct they highlight the ones that aren’t approved?

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I also was told I get a option week so really I was told I get two weeks? But I’m confused
We get one week after working one year and you get an option week on your third year. Either your local is good or mine sucks.

Up In Smoke

You are guaranteed contractually a certain number of paid days off based on hours worked and years of service. The company has the ability to grant you more should the business climate dictate.

JustDeliverIt

I’m in Michigan and august I will have a year in

Ok, so here you would be eligible to take a week after your seniority date in August. Once the calendar year flips everything resets.

As for the option week, we don’t have that. Best to talk to a steward or call your local to see what your entitled to.

And what @Up In Smoke is saying is that they have to give you one week paid. They theoretically could give you more (probably never happen) or those other weeks could be taken off unpaid. Again, best to contact someone in your local to get answers for your region.

Angler87!

Ok, so here you would be eligible to take a week after your seniority date in August. Once the calendar year flips everything resets.

As for the option week, we don’t have that. Best to talk to a steward or call your local to see what your entitled to.

And what @Up In Smoke is saying is that they have to give you one week paid. They theoretically could give you more (probably never happen) or those other weeks could be taken off unpaid. Again, best to contact someone in your local to get answers for your region.
Okay thanks

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Get a contract book and read it.