Veteran sorter snapped on me

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Ok, i'll elaborate a little better on what I did. I had to yell to try and get my point across that I didn't tell anyone to turn the fan back on. This guy was nose to nose with me, screaming in my face, spitting, with his chest up against me. Only way I could get a word in was to yell back at him. Talking in a cool, calm voice wasn't going to cut it with this guy. Like I said, I tried explaining it to him, but his reply was "bull:censored2:, bull:censored2:, friend* you mother friend...etc....Besides, I'm not going to take that kinda crap from anyone. I won't back down. Just like with a bully. Got to stand up to people like that or they'll think its ok for them to do it again.

Anyways, my area sup said last night before I left that he was going to get us together to sort it out. Hope no ones expecting me to apologize, because I did nothing wrong.
"walking away" is the best answer. Yet no where is/was that option mentioned. I don't feel the need to be defensive against anyone at work, or engage screaming matches.

browntroll

should have told him how hot you get when you watch him work, that would have ended everything right there and then.
from what i have seen in my hub i dont think you would want to be known as the guy that harassed the homosexual.

MrAnderson

He broke several of the deadly sins. Any good supe would've taken his badge and walked him out of the building. There is no room for that behavior in the workplace. If the issue isn't resolved keep pushing it up the ladder. Talk to HR, union steward, and/or sort manage.

Sent using BrownCafe app

Nightside

"walking away" is the best answer. Yet no where is/was that option mentioned. I don't feel the need to be defensive against anyone at work, or engage screaming matches.

Couldn't walk away, he had me pinned against the belt. Anyways, the whole thing was just shocking to be honest. Like I said, him and I, from my first day, had always gotten along. Talked football, joked around, laughed about the BS at UPS. Then for him to just snap like that over a fan just threw me off a bit. Thought he was joking at first until he was nose to nose with me screaming in my face and threatening to kick my a** and kill me.

Tonight we were pretty far from each other all night. My sup didn't get us together to work it out like he said he was going to do. I almost expected this guy to come over and apologize to me at some point tonight, but it never happened. Must think he was right about the whole thing. I guess he is a special snow flake who gets his way and friend* everybody else. At one point tonight, he tried to do the same thing to me again with turning off my fan. I was at door 2, getting hot, and had the unloader turn the fan on. He was way down on 8 or 9. After about 20 mins, he comes down to 4 and tries to get the fan turned off.

My sup came over to me and asked me if my fan was on when I got to 2, or if I turned it on. I said that I turned it on. Sup says "well he wants the fan off"...I was like "boss, i'm hot, i was here first. I can't take off my shirt, but he can put a jacket on" Sup agreed with me, and told the guy to put his jacket on or just deal with it. So at least something went my way for once. Just sucks that I have to keep working with this guy.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You guys get fans?!?!
CAM00024.jpg

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
should have told him how hot you get when you watch him work, that would have ended everything right there and then.
from what i have seen in my hub i dont think you would want to be known as the guy that harassed the homosexual.
Now that's funny as hell, and probably would have worked lol.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Couldn't walk away, he had me pinned against the belt. Anyways, the whole thing was just shocking to be honest. Like I said, him and I, from my first day, had always gotten along. Talked football, joked around, laughed about the BS at UPS. Then for him to just snap like that over a fan just threw me off a bit. Thought he was joking at first until he was nose to nose with me screaming in my face and threatening to kick my a** and kill me.

Tonight we were pretty far from each other all night. My sup didn't get us together to work it out like he said he was going to do. I almost expected this guy to come over and apologize to me at some point tonight, but it never happened. Must think he was right about the whole thing. I guess he is a special snow flake who gets his way and friend* everybody else. At one point tonight, he tried to do the same thing to me again with turning off my fan. I was at door 2, getting hot, and had the unloader turn the fan on. He was way down on 8 or 9. After about 20 mins, he comes down to 4 and tries to get the fan turned off.

My sup came over to me and asked me if my fan was on when I got to 2, or if I turned it on. I said that I turned it on. Sup says "well he wants the fan off"...I was like "boss, i'm hot, i was here first. I can't take off my shirt, but he can put a jacket on" Sup agreed with me, and told the guy to put his jacket on or just deal with it. So at least something went my way for once. Just sucks that I have to keep working with this guy.
If he kept acting like a bitch about stuff, id do everything in my power to be a peckerhead to him all the time because people like him are just plain miserable people. Give him a taste of his own medicine. All about the mind game always lol.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Believe me....I'd be.more than happy
to work on a belt all by myself than deal with half the people I work with...especially the seasonals....Dumb as a box of hair.
Id rather work K Solo style myself instead of working with a bunch of PHUKTARDS who get on my dang nerves also. Can get annoyed by people really quick sometimes lol.

laffter

You could have given him a seductive glare and started rubbing your nipple. I think that would have been enough to settle the matter.

J

jibbs

Believe me....I'd be.more than happy
to work on a belt all by myself than deal with half the people I work with...especially the seasonals....Dumb as a box of hair.

That's what happened to me since I found myself in a situation similar to the OPs! I work on a "belt" with three other people-- two splitters, two loaders. I love it so much it's kind of stupid.

Nightside, as I just mentioned, I recently found myself in a similar situation. A problematic employee became a problem for me a month or two ago. I'm not going to elaborate on the specifics, just what the experience taught me: If a coworker threatens you and you feel the threat is genuine, report it to management ASAP.

If you've been threatened and, as a result, feel threatened and don't report or act on it, then you're effectively voluntarily working in a hostile work environment and, truthfully, nobody should have to work in a hostile work environment. Working for UPS is stressful enough-- you shouldn't have to deal with that kind of bull:censored2: on top of everything else.

Nightside

That's what happened to me since I found myself in a situation similar to the OPs! I work on a "belt" with three other people-- two splitters, two loaders. I love it so much it's kind of stupid.

Nightside, as I just mentioned, I recently found myself in a similar situation. A problematic employee became a problem for me a month or two ago. I'm not going to elaborate on the specifics, just what the experience taught me: If a coworker threatens you and you feel the threat is genuine, report it to management ASAP.

If you've been threatened and, as a result, feel threatened and don't report or act on it, then you're effectively voluntarily working in a hostile work environment and, truthfully, nobody should have to work in a hostile work environment. Working for UPS is stressful enough-- you shouldn't have to deal with that kind of bull:censored2: on top of everything else.

Yeah, I told my area sup about what happened. He then went and told our full time sup and they both went over to talk to the guy. My sup came over a few minutes later and told me to just stay away from each other. Made me feel like I did something wrong. How about keep this guy away from me?!

J

jibbs

Yeah, I told my area sup about what happened. He then went and told our full time sup and they both went over to talk to the guy. My sup came over a few minutes later and told me to just stay away from each other. Made me feel like I did something wrong. How about keep this guy away from me?!

I hear you. Would you be cool with working in a different part of your center/hub or do you definitely want to stay at your spot in the building?

Nightside

I like being a sorter, so yeah I want to stay. I'll just deal with it unless it happens again, then I'll take further action with a higher up supervisor and union.