VIDEO RELEASE (9/1/18) VOTE NO

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!
Wow that’s clever, different opinion=personal attack

Dont worry welcome to the club, Im
So UPS can have up to 25% 22.4 based on number of current regular drivers. We have 60, so that’s 15 22.4, you really think they’ll add that many 22.4? Not a chance. This 22.4 crap is all way overblown.

OMG man, UPS world is like getting away with murder. But...

sSq1m7yD.jpg

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I don't get this. The union is in charge of health insurance now. So they can change it if this wording were to be a problem.

Our local is in charge of eligibility.
They can set the parameters.

Hopefully, if the “work is available” becomes a problem, It’ll be addressed.

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!
If it’s so bad go work somewhere else.

Im fine trust me. Im supporting others that are not. Not being a Selfish, greedy and despicable human beings. Thats what makes us different from one another. By the way, You should take some notes, because !Karma is a BI..H!

97276124d0210047f6c8c0c9a6387c3f.jpg

160 hours a month is unreal. Maybe Your union should start putting your needs first.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I know this is going to be unpopular.
I'm voting NO for different reasons, not because of the 22.4.

You are all fixated on "a moment in time" where a 22.4 driver will make less than a RPCD.
UPS can not hire outsiders for open RPCD jobs, they have to promote the senior 22.4 driver.
There is a continuous need for RPCDs (retirement,feeders,quitting,injuries,shift to 22.3).
A 22.4 will have already proven him/herself capable and can't be disqualified.

We all made our bed in this when we cried about excessive OT and not wanting to work weekends.
Well, enjoy those saltines without water because we got what we asked for.

My issue is with the lack of 9.5 protection and the shoddy language used such as "if work is available".
If it gets voted down, I hope DT will be smart enough to shore up the language.
We all know the 22.4 will not be coming out nor will they go on strike over it.
The moral of the story is to be careful what you ask for, you just might get it.
Exactly this! Well written. In addition, I'm voting no because of the 70 hour nonsense. It should be capped at 60, which is already ridiculous. Then there is the change in language for non-drivers with punishment for technology.
Also in a recent teamster communication it mentioned that all regular full time drivers would be put on the 9.5 list automatically. In my opinion this makes the company take the 9.5 list even less seriously than they do already as it no longer means anything to be on it if everyone is on it. (Yes I'm aware you could opt out of it).
Voting no

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I don't understand though how it's even legal for them to accept payments for H&W and then not give the benefit.

Here if we work one day a month ups pays all H&W monies for the whole month. To me common sense says one punch a month should get us health insurance then. Since they are receiving payment. But it's one punch a week.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I don't understand though how it's even legal for them to accept payments for H&W and then not give the benefit.

Here if we work one day a month ups pays all H&W monies for the whole month. To me common sense says one punch a month should get us health insurance then. Since they are receiving payment. But it's one punch a week.

I agree with you.
The required hours is a bit high but it encourages people to show up for work.
We had a serious problem with drivers barely working and still using their full benefits.
It depletes the fund and encouraged the centers to cut routes because they could have people stay home.

We have a great BA who watches every penny and pushes his Teamsters to be accountable.
He wanted people to go in everyday and use the 9.5 list to force more routes in.
That's the only way it can be accomplished.