VIDEO RELEASE (9/1/18) VOTE NO

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
RPCDs working a Monday through Friday schedule shall be guaranteed five (5) consecutive days of eight (8) consecutive hours per report and forty (40) straight time hours of straight time pay each week, if reporting each day as scheduled, as long as work is available.

The guarantee is meaningless, if UPS gets to decide when work is, and is not available. :)
Choose wisely.

What you posted is meaningless, most supplements addressed this issue.

why the hell should my or any local have to spend precious negotiating time coming up with language protecting itself from the master language????? why would anyone want to vote yes on something that they need to immediately protect themselves from????

I agree with you.
The required hours is a bit high but it encourages people to show up for work.
We had a serious problem with drivers barely working and still using their full benefits.
It depletes the fund and encouraged the centers to cut routes because they could have people stay home.

We have a great BA who watches every penny and pushes his Teamsters to be accountable.
He wanted people to go in everyday and use the 9.5 list to force more routes in.
That's the only way it can be accomplished.
Does the company pay your ba for helping them out?

What are you talking about ??

He forces the company to work ALL the drivers, not give out dead days like candy.
Work on your reading comprehension.
What ever floats your boat. Are these the same people telling you that you have a great pension?

Mustacheyouaquestion

60 minute lunch
I know this is going to be unpopular.
I'm voting NO for different reasons, not because of the 22.4.

You are all fixated on "a moment in time" where a 22.4 driver will make less than a RPCD.
UPS can not hire outsiders for open RPCD jobs, they have to promote the senior 22.4 driver.
There is a continuous need for RPCDs (retirement,feeders,quitting,injuries,shift to 22.3).
A 22.4 will have already proven him/herself capable and can't be disqualified.

We all made our bed in this when we cried about excessive OT and not wanting to work weekends.
Well, enjoy those saltines without water because we got what we asked for.

My issue is with the lack of 9.5 protection and the shoddy language used such as "if work is available".
If it gets voted down, I hope DT will be smart enough to shore up the language.
We all know the 22.4 will not be coming out nor will they go on strike over it.
The moral of the story is to be careful what you ask for, you just might get it.

First of all we asked for them to "Alleviate" overtime not eliminate it.

1. People will be laid off on Mondays
2. Senior routes will change
3. It is closer to 17 dollars and hour (in the first year)
4. No guarantee you will work 40 hours
5. "When work is available"
6. Do I need to say more?
7. 9-5 won't be an issue if you work barely 40 hr
8. If it is good for UPS it is bad for you

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
RPCDs working a Monday through Friday schedule shall be guaranteed five (5) consecutive days of eight (8) consecutive hours per report and forty (40) straight time hours of straight time pay each week, if reporting each day as scheduled, as long as work is available.

The guarantee is meaningless, if UPS gets to decide when work is, and is not available. :)
Choose wisely.

What you posted is meaningless, most supplements addressed this issue.

careful, you are talking about a portion of the supplements, some of which do not fully cover the issues surrounding that clause.
For example, in my local if work is not available on Monday, then a RPCD must get their guarantee on Saturday.
And this then conveniently destroys the M-friend or T-S workweek. Why get your garunteed 40 hours when it overlaps with family plans on what was supposed to be a day off?

Back first

Does the company pay your ba for helping them out?
You sound lexactly like the drivers in 671! Is it really that hard to come to work everyday. We have drivers who go home every day, but still want all the benefits without working. 671 is trying to preserve the fund.

babboo25

Banned
careful, you are talking about a portion of the supplements, some of which do not fully cover the issues surrounding that clause.
For example, in my local if work is not available on Monday, then a RPCD must get their guarantee on Saturday.
And this then conveniently destroys the M-friend or T-S workweek. Why get your garunteed 40 hours when it overlaps with family plans on what was supposed to be a day off?
Well then it’s a good thing Union doesn’t recognize production standards cuz I’ll dam sure work like a sloth to get my 40 by Friday evening, Ups doesn’t want that.

You sound lexactly like the drivers in 671! Is it really that hard to come to work everyday. We have drivers who go home every day, but still want all the benefits without working. 671 is trying to preserve the fund.
I need to be compensated for 40 hours a month for benefits. Why would the union make me work 160 hours? I work (at ups) when needed. When I’m not needed I vacation or work elsewhere.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I did ask that at our recent local's contract meeting. The answer was it had to do with some catch up monetary contributions that were going into one of our locals in the IBT/UPS Central. I forgot which one, it was odd that those retirement increases were not going into effect till 1 January 2020. I always thought it was to keep most of our feeder and package care drivers currently eligible for retirement from leaving till they actual had enough trained replacements.

I am really not up to any inner circle goings on with the negotiating committees for obvious reasons, so those with more facts may please join in and answer your question.

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!
My job is to answer the phone 1hour before start time and let management know if I want to work. Work, take an optional, burn a sick day, or just take an RO. 2018 has been a great year.

Dont work so hard man. Can I have some of your option days, I ran out.:wootsmiley::kickedoutsmile:

TheDick

Still have a 40 hour guarantee, funny how most complained about excessive OT now they’re worried about getting 40, careful what you wish for I guess.

I complained about peak season stop counts year round , there used to be a peak and not a peak. I guess I've been here to long.

35years

Gravy route
We all made our bed in this when we cried about excessive OT and not wanting to work weekends.
Well, enjoy those saltines without water because we got what we asked for.
The moral of the story is to be careful what you ask for, you just might get it.

The problem is we did not get what we asked for.

The language does not protect us from working weekends.

The language does not stop them from working us 70 hours.
BTW we all were forced to work 69+ hours for 6 weeks in a row for the last 2 peak seasons here.

The language does not stop them from working us endless 9.5 days. Adding or subtracting a layer in the grievance process, or having the Union put us on the list does not stop the excessive overtime.

That was the supposed rational for creating 22.4 jobs. But 22.4 creation did not come with a 60 hr cap, no forced weekend language, and no ability to refuse endless 9.5+ workdays and/or automatic payment penalty for 9.5 violations.

Unless it is in the contract (which it is not in the tentative agreement), 22.4 does nothing to address the issues.
1. No driver will be forced to work weekends
2. No driver will be forced to work over 60 hours
3. No driver will be forced to work 3 or more days over 9.5 hours.

If these 3 proposals were agreed upon, 22.4 (with greater restrictions) might be reasonable.

Froome

Yes, the language of the contract is everything. If you have alot of senority you'll be okay, but if you are low on the list you won't be working at all. Just know you can change the current proposed contract...vote no