View paycheck unavailable Friday 10/4 to Sunday 10/6

cynic

Just happened to look at this week's paycheck today and saw:

Due to scheduled maintenance, the View Paycheck and Personal Information features will be unavailable all day Friday, October 4, until Sunday, October 6, at approximately noon Eastern time.

I'm paperless so I don't like it when I don't know...

Inthegame

Due to scheduled maintenance, the View Paycheck and Personal Information features will be unavailable all day Friday, October 4, until Sunday, October 6, at approximately noon Eastern time.

Have you considered a bidet...

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

considering we can view our check on Oct 3 rd, another case odd unneeded drama.

Kae3106

It's for the region consolidation. They have to update all of the payroll data and HR data behind the scenes which requires them to take the system down for a couple of days. No biggie.

BlackCat

It's for the region consolidation. They have to update all of the payroll data and HR data behind the scenes which requires them to take the system down for a couple of days. No biggie.

It doesn't take "days" to update a DB. I would ****can the entire IT dept of UPS. Their website design, functionality, and responsiveness is probably the worst I have seen.

brown bomber

brown bomber
Do you live paycheck to paycheck ?? If not what's the big deal....I've had to deal shutdowns periodically in all sorts of instances (savings accts., checking accts.,IRA's,401k's, mutual funds, actively managed stock accts,..etc.) every account has experienced a shutdown for maintenance related issues, it's a cost associated w/ internet (online) banking

BlackCat

Do you live paycheck to paycheck ?? If not what's the big deal....I've had to deal shutdowns periodically in all sorts of instances (savings accts., checking accts.,IRA's,401k's, mutual funds, actively managed stock accts,..etc.) every account has experienced a shutdown for maintenance related issues, it's a cost associated w/ internet (online) banking

​Maybe so I can check the accuracy of my hours.. Have you ever thought about that?

A shutdown? Uuuhhh NO. A few hours of unexpected downtime per month maybe. A couple days of downtime is called poor planning.

Johney

You could always check with your bank. Just a thought.

Kae3106

It doesn't take "days" to update a DB. I would ****can the entire IT dept of UPS. Their website design, functionality, and responsiveness is probably the worst I have seen.

For them, it does. It's not just a database either...it's multiple systems so it's more than just running an update query. The last time we had a major consolidation in 2010, the timestamps on the records did show that it took a couple of days to update all of the records to new districts.