Volume drop

Oldfart

Wtf ignoramous.. you said it yourself, not me.

Do the research on inflation for when you started. I'm talking about the difference between $1.50 raise then verses now.

And you're way off on your starter vacation.. it's one week, not 4. I bet your boss lets you schedule your sick time, sicko
So new couriers get the minimum EVERY week? Even during peak?

Schweddy

Balls
He's a one in a million colossal Jurassic Fart.. has had top pay for 20-30 years, has amazing manager(s), gets tons of overtime, two "pensions", 6 weeks of vacation, and a brown face.

Have you ever blown out your knee, wrenched your back, needed surgery, etc? Or are those people whining, conniving, useless tuuats?

Oldfart

Numbers confuse him. Try drawing in bright colors. Red is good, he likes red.
Hey MFE. Vacation bidding will start soon. You brag that you are all about helping the less fortunate employee. Will you skip your place in live for vacation bidding and go last so all the less senior employees can bid before you? I assume you will since you are always so concerned about new hires and other couriers. Then, since you know how much EVERY coworker makes, you should know their vacation plans. Will go go to each coworker and see if any vacation you bid conflicted with their plans and offer to switch every week you have with any employee that needs 1 of your weeks. You must do this because you are so caring about your coworkers.

dezguy

My parents bought their house on one income, making $8 an hour. Try doing that today and tell me how that conversation with the bank goes.

McFeely

Huge Member
Just to reply to Oldfart's denial that I have coworkers getting assistance from the local food bank. Here's some of the maths:

New courier wage $16.60
$16.60 x 35 hours a week x 52 weeks = $30,248 a year
$16.60 x 40 hours a week x 52 weeks = $34,528 a year

To qualify in the counties around here (pretty high cost of living) for the food bank:
Household size of 3: you must make LESS than $37,296 a year.

To top it off, one of these couriers was injured on the job and was out on short-term disability twice in the last year.

You may not give two :censored2:s about your coworkers, but I sure as hell do.

Oldfart

Just to reply to Oldfart's denial that I have coworkers getting assistance from the local food bank. Here's some of the maths:

New courier wage $16.60
$16.60 x 35 hours a week x 52 weeks = $30,248 a year
$16.60 x 40 hours a week x 52 weeks = $34,528 a year

To qualify in the counties around here (pretty high cost of living) for the food bank:
Household size of 3: you must make LESS than $37,296 a year.

To top it off, one of these couriers was injured on the job and was out on short-term disability twice in the last year.

You may not give two :censored2:s about your coworkers, but I sure as hell do.
STD means full time. So these workers NEVER work more than 40? Chances are very slim that a FT courier NEVER gets overtime.

If you care so much. How much money from your check have you donated to these 2. How many groceries have u bought them?

Schweddy

Balls
STD means full time. So these workers NEVER work more than 40? Chances are very slim that a FT courier NEVER gets overtime.

You said a courier would make more than 20k even if they took the minimum 17.5. You don't have an argument here, you are a 5hit gibbon. You should go ahead and change your handle to that, 5hit gibbon.

Oldfart

You said a courier would make more than 20k even if they took the minimum 17.5. You don't have an argument here, you are a 5hit gibbon. You should go ahead and change your handle to that, 5hit gibbon.
Bubba, your dumb asz needs to learn to read. I said they should make 20k UNLESS they only take the 17.5 minimum. You just admitted 1 was full time. Mercy. Take some elementary reading lessons.

Oldfart

You mean a woman who makes 20k or more is eligible for food assistance? Are they couriers or handlers? I can't imagine any courier making less than 20k even if they are part time unless they only take the 17.5 guarantee every week.

People forget that I made about $1.50 more than minimum wage when I started with the company. If that were the case now, people would be making about $8.75 an hour. I believe even handlers make more than that now.

Here is my post that you can't seem to read

Schweddy

Balls
well, gibbon, how many hours would one have to work at 16.60/hr to get to 20k. Since you can't do maffs.

I never mentioned/admitted FT.. bruh.

Last edited:

bacha29

well, gibbon, how many hours would one have to work at 16.60/hr to get to 20k. Since you can't do maffs.

I never mentioned/admitted FT.. bruh.[/QUOTE : Down OF's way a place where an 8th grade education is perceived to be what a PHD is everywhere else. they don't do math............ They do "cyphering" and needless to say OF "cyphers" pretty well.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
You mean a woman who makes 20k or more is eligible for food assistance? Are they couriers or handlers? I can't imagine any courier making less than 20k even if they are part time unless they only take the 17.5 guarantee every week.

People forget that I made about $1.50 more than minimum wage when I started with the company. If that were the case now, people would be making about $8.75 an hour. I believe even handlers make more than that now.

If you care so much. How much money from your check have you donated to these 2. How many groceries have u bought them?
You really are so stupid you don't see what's in front of your face. He's not saying he "cares so much" for these people on food assistance. He's saying FedEx has become such a terrible place to work at that employees need assistance to eat. But you have had such an easy ride that you don't get it and never will.

Oldfart

My parents bought their house on one income, making $8 an hour. Try doing that today and tell me how that conversation with the bank goes.
Minimum wage here was probably 1.90 an hr. then. Their income was over 4 times minimum wage. Puts them at close to $30 an hour today. That will buy a nice place

Oldfart

You really are so stupid you don't see what's in front of your face. He's not saying he "cares so much" for these people on food assistance. He's saying FedEx has become such a terrible place to work at that employees need assistance to eat. But you have had such an easy ride that you don't get it and never will.
Mcfeely said he was concerned about his coworker and their problems. He should be willing to help a coworker out.

Oldfart

What's your take on the company with a 15 year courier who makes 18.50 an hour
No idea if that is correct. I keep my nose out of others money issues. Try taking MFE advice. He tells others how good it is at UPS. Might try changing jobs.

dezguy

Minimum wage here was probably 1.90 an hr. then. Their income was over 4 times minimum wage. Puts them at close to $30 an hour today. That will buy a nice place
And we have mid rangers stuck below $20/hour. I'd like to see someone buy a house today, on a single income with a $20 or less job.

Point being, you cannot compare the good old days with today. The world has changed.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
No idea if that is correct. I keep my nose out of others money issues. Try taking MFE advice. He tells others how good it is at UPS. Might try changing jobs.
I AM a ups driver, and 35.50 an hour is much better then what you get. I was simply asking you a question. You have a lot to say about the people that complain. They complain about doing the same job you do for half the pay. So I'd say answer my question, or stop calling people miserable if your not walking in their shoes.

"I keep my nose out of others money issues, but I have no problem calling them miserable if they voice their opinion about it"