Volume drop

vantexan

Best thing is using Dept.of Labor's inflation calculator. Just checked and $10 in 1977 had the same purchasing power as $39.61 in 2016. My dad made $35k in 1977, was worth a little over $119k in 2010 when I checked.

Oldfart

Wish I made $39.61 now. Never seen a good inflation chart. I know a bag of weed was $15 an ounce back then. Inflation has done a number on it.

dezguy

Common sense will tell you that as much as MFE whines and bitches about life and work, there is no way he can be a competent and reliable employee. He wishes bad things and financial problems on the company and said he wishes various executives would die. That is not the kind of attitude a good dependable worker has.
Doesn't care about his co-workers and makes assumptions about people without having even met them. Yup, that's a sign of a quality individual, folks.

vantexan

Wish I made $39.61 now. Never seen a good inflation chart. I know a bag of weed was $15 an ounce back then. Inflation has done a number on it.
The gov't keeps track of the prices of various goods, fuel, rents, etc, year over year. I'd think they'd be able more than anyone to calculate inflation.

Oldfart

Doesn't care about his co-workers and makes assumptions about people without having even met them. Yup, that's a sign of a quality individual, folks.
Just read his post. Anyone that wishes Fred and MT would die in a plane crash has serious issues.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Common sense will tell you that as much as MFE whines and bitches about life and work, there is no way he can be a competent and reliable employee. He wishes bad things and financial problems on the company and said he wishes various executives would die. That is not the kind of attitude a good dependable worker has.

I have no doubt that he is a competent and reliable employee.

Last edited by a moderator: