Volume drop

whenIgetthere

STD means full time. So these workers NEVER work more than 40? Chances are very slim that a FT courier NEVER gets overtime.

If you care so much. How much money from your check have you donated to these 2. How many groceries have u bought them?

I'm a FT courier, very rarely do I get 40. I work Saturday, so I only get 5 hours then, and I get my 8 T-S. Sign up for extra hours EVERY day, and never get any. The only people who get plenty of OT here are the ones who milk their routes every day.

Oldfart

I AM a ups driver, and 35.50 an hour is much better then what you get. I was simply asking you a question. You have a lot to say about the people that complain. They complain about doing the same job you do for half the pay. So I'd say answer my question, or stop calling people miserable if your not walking in their shoes.

"I keep my nose out of others money issues, but I have no problem calling them miserable if they voice their opinion about it"
They don't make HALF of what I make. It is more than half. If anyone complains about what I make or the benefits I have, my standard reply is. "Come see me when you have been here over 40 years". Some might call it selfish but like I said, I didn't wake up 1 day and make 28.46.

If people are so low paid with bad benefits at their job, take some classes, get some training and go get another job. Or, do like the whinny bitchez on here and cry about how mistreated you are. Doing something to better yourself takes effort. It is much easy to cry and whine than it is to do something about it.

dezguy

They don't make HALF of what I make. It is more than half. If anyone complains about what I make or the benefits I have, my standard reply is. "Come see me when you have been here over 40 years". Some might call it selfish but like I said, I didn't wake up 1 day and make 28.46.

If people are so low paid with bad benefits at their job, take some classes, get some training and go get another job. Or, do like the whinny bitchez on here and cry about how mistreated you are. Doing something to better yourself takes effort. It is much easy to cry and whine than it is to do something about it.
How long did it take you to get to top wage? I'm not talking about the wage you're at now, I'm talking about top rate when you were hired.

Oldfart

Just to reply to Oldfart's denial that I have coworkers getting assistance from the local food bank. Here's some of the maths:

New courier wage $16.60
$16.60 x 35 hours a week x 52 weeks = $30,248 a year
$16.60 x 40 hours a week x 52 weeks = $34,528 a year

To qualify in the counties around here (pretty high cost of living) for the food bank:
Household size of 3: you must make LESS than $37,296 a year.

To top it off, one of these couriers was injured on the job and was out on short-term disability twice in the last year.

You may not give two :censored2:s about your coworkers, but I sure as hell do.

Why doesn't your station do like we do at ours. We have a pinball machine in our breakroom. We collect the money out of the pinball machine every month and use a free Coin Star to cash in the coins. We then use that money to help employees that might have a crisis. We just had an employee have a small fire at their home. We were able to give them a few hundred dollars to help them until their insurance sent them some money. We also have ping pong tournaments with a few dollar entry and put that money in that same fund. You might not have a pinball machine but there are ways to raise some money and keep it for a good cause. We raffle off BBQ shoulders an employee cooks. You just have to use your imagination.

Oldfart

How long did it take you to get to top wage? I'm not talking about the wage you're at now, I'm talking about top rate when you were hired.
18 months and top wage was less than $10 and hour if I remember correctly. Too long ago to remember. I believe $28.46 buys more now than $10 bought then. Not gonna bother figuring the inflation rate.

dezguy

18 months and top wage was less than $10 and hour if I remember correctly. Too long ago to remember. I believe $28.46 buys more now than $10 bought then. Not gonna bother figuring the inflation rate.
Yet, earlier you said $8 was equivalent to $30/hour today.

Oldfart

Yet, earlier you said $8 was equivalent to $30/hour today.
I was using the minimum wage of those days versus the minimum wage of today as a factor. If minimum wage is $1.90 and you make $8, you make 4 times plus some the minimum wage. That was a pretty good salary back then. Today's minimum wage is $7.25. If you make 4 times minimum wage, you make $29. Again, that is a pretty good salary.

Once again, your ability to read is failing you. You can't even comprehend what you read and you criticize me not even knowing what you are talking about.

dezguy

I was using the minimum wage of those days versus the minimum wage of today as a factor. If minimum wage is $1.90 and you make $8, you make 4 times plus some the minimum wage. That was a pretty good salary back then. Today's minimum wage is $7.25. If you make 4 times minimum wage, you make $29. Again, that is a pretty good salary.

Once again, your ability to read is failing you. You can't even comprehend what you read and you criticize me not even knowing what you are talking about.
No, you're missing the point.

You hit top rate in 18 months which was under $10/hour, meaning you were making the equivalent of around $30/hour, today.

Guys, just starting or mid range, fall into the $16-20/hour range which, by your explanation would be about $4/hour back in the good old days BUT they don't top out in 18 months and that amount goes no where near as far as that $8/hour my dad was making when he bought their house while my mom stayed home and took care of the place.

Oldfart

No, you're missing the point.

You hit top rate in 18 months which was under $10/hour, meaning you were making the equivalent of around $30/hour, today.

Guys, just starting or mid range, fall into the $16-20/hour range which, by your explanation would be about $4/hour back in the good old days BUT they don't top out in 18 months and that amount goes no where near as far as that $8/hour my dad was making when he bought their house while my mom stayed home and took care of the place.
If you say so. If $10 an hour then is equal to $30 today, I will take your word for it. Not worth researching the inflation rate.

Oldfart

You're as ignorant as your avatar.
But you have 2 college degrees and are worth millions of dollars, yet you have the same job title as me. And don't do it anywhere as good as me. How does it feel to be an over educated under performing dumb ole truck driver.

Schweddy

Balls
But you...

33069661.jpg

Last edited:

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I highly doubt this is correct. Way back when when you guys could have organized FedEx had to be fairly equal in compensation to ups to retain employees. Once fred took away your ability to organize he's been chipping away at your compensation. Pay, health, retirement and vacation. So much so you guys aren't even close to us (ups) now.

Oldfart

I highly doubt this is correct. Way back when when you guys could have organized FedEx had to be fairly equal in compensation to ups to retain employees. Once fred took away your ability to organize he's been chipping away at your compensation. Pay, health, retirement and vacation. So much so you guys aren't even close to us (ups) now.
Gotta love a man that claims to know what a person makes that doesn't even work for the same company and tell him he is wrong. I might be off by a $1 or so but not much. The 70's were a long time ago. I might have an old paystub some where in my suede leisure suite jacket or maybe in my stack shoes. I will look when I wear them to church this Sunday.

dezguy

Gotta love a man that claims to know what a person makes that doesn't even work for the same company and tell him he is wrong. I might be off by a $1 or so but not much. The 70's were a long time ago. I might have an old paystub some where in my suede leisure suite jacket or maybe in my stack shoes. I will look when I wear them to church this Sunday.
Kinda like a man that claims they are a better worker than another person, yet doesn't even work at the same sta as that other person and very well have never met them in their life other than interactions on a UPS message board?

McFeely

Huge Member
If you care so much. How much money from your check have you donated to these 2. How many groceries have u bought them?

I've donated on more than one occasion to help them out around the holidays. Gift cards were purchased for food as well as a hat passed around to help with gifts at Christmas. I've helped one move two times now when she has had housing crises.

Mcfeely said he was concerned about his coworker and their problems. He should be willing to help a coworker out.

And yes, I am concerned about my coworkers. And yes, I do help them out. If you were a coworker of mine I'd absolutely lend you a hand if you needed help getting back up. That is, if you didn't act like such an arrogant ass.

I keep my nose out of others money issues.

I see that. lol and stuff.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I'm not saying you didn't make 10 bucks an hour. I'm saying 10 bucks an hour in the 70's went a lot farther then 28 an hour does today. Try to keep up.

Oldfart

Kinda like a man that claims they are a better worker than another person, yet doesn't even work at the same sta as that other person and very well have never met them in their life other than interactions on a UPS message board?
Common sense will tell you that as much as MFE whines and bitches about life and work, there is no way he can be a competent and reliable employee. He wishes bad things and financial problems on the company and said he wishes various executives would die. That is not the kind of attitude a good dependable worker has.