Volume rise??

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Just curious if anyone else is seeing a volume rise? I know we have our seasonal rises and falls. But, what I've been seeing on Twilight is anything save pretty. Twilight has been doing open doubleshifting on and off 5 days a week since early to mid-July. And our Night Sort.....I shudder to think what has been happening to it after seeing how messed up Twilight is. -Rocky

voodoolord

Trailer Maggot
Were staying pretty average here for the season. ups in their sage like wisdom decided we were a man to much so were all trying to cope with the extra work but we still seem to be pretty average for summer.

xDELETEDx

We've been getting well above 5 hours a shift for months now, we are understaffed and our volume has been through the roof. We are hitting numbers that look more like the start of peak, we're running 2-4,000 pieces over what our "normal" volume is. I've already racked up nearly 3 hours of overtime this week :sad: We talked to the center manager and DM about starting a twilight sort, but that won't happen until peak when we start it anyway

LKLND3380

We've been getting well above 5 hours a shift for months now, we are understaffed and our volume has been through the roof. We are hitting numbers that look more like the start of peak, we're running 2-4,000 pieces over what our "normal" volume is. I've already racked up nearly 3 hours of overtime this week :sad: We talked to the center manager and DM about starting a twilight sort, but that won't happen until peak when we start it anyway

We have been getting hit kinda hard and even had a few days where we started earlier than normal... i figured it's all back to school and halloween...

raceanoncr

Here, after losing a couple of huge accounts the last two yrs and losing many runs as a consequence, my little 10 minute propoganda session before the ERI said that volume is about even before losses.

How come we don't have any new runs (feeders) because of that? Does all this newly gained volume get put in the UPS transporter room and get vaporized to its destination? Must be.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Volume is up here too. Overtime is again available at least once a week. Usually 2-3 nights a week :w00t:

And its only September. I think doubleshifting is slowing down, at least on my sort. Not sure about Midnight. Regardless, have mercy on the Denver hub this Peak. Twilight is starting by 5:30. There's talk of a noon sort start for Noonday next week and an 11:45 before mid-October. I was told the earliest this sort has started is 10:30--the week of Christmas. We might hit that sooner if this keeps up!! -Rocky