Vote NO - A Sensible Discussion -Pt 1

Coldworld

60 months and counting
No mention of the contract in our building from management side, union side either, haven’t seen our BA in a month. At the very least he can show up and explain how the voting process works to those who don’t know, and there’s a lot of those.
Call them up... ask them to come on down to inform folks....leave many messages if you have to...

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Will vote yes. More money into the pension, 41 and change an hour at the end of the contract, sign me up. In Trumps America we’d be insane to strike. The public would kill us if they all knew we were striking over a 6 figure job with full bennies and pension.
Your going to vote yes based on your own stupid assumption? Your worried about what the public thinks over losing your 40 hour guarantee........

browntroll

Will vote yes. More money into the pension, 41 and change an hour at the end of the contract, sign me up. In Trumps America we’d be insane to strike. The public would kill us if they all knew we were striking over a 6 figure job with full bennies and pension.
doubt anyone in trumps america would judge us after we tell them, how some hubs we have to wait 10 years just to get the chance
to get a full time position, then another 4 years of progression to get top pay. so 14 years of possible injuries, dealing with management, lets not
forget the hours of weird shifts to make sure everyones amazon orders get to them. then again thats probably y no one quits ups every year.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
First off, why should the drivers care what the public thinks? That’s UPS’s worry. Secondly, we are not striking over any of those things.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
so far no business agents in my hub either, only found out a management siding shop steward
giving wrong information to ppl so they can vote yes. obviously i tell ppl to vote however they want
but to question everything.

If my business agent hands me a flyer about voting "yes" on this contract the way it is, I swear I will pin him against a wall. Please remember be kind to the messenger the people who made the decisions will not meet with you, unless you are in a boot licking local.

M

MenInBrown

That’s not even close to what we would strike over, but ok.

Heavy Package

I am warning everyone that can't see this contract for what it is at my center. If you have drivers on the side or working in the hub to get hours, think about all of the cut routes especially Monday. I would probably lose money on this contract for being on the side at least 1-day-maybe 2-during the week.

This contract is a bad deal all around. We can do much better with protections, 9.5, catch-up pay for PT, etc. etc.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
My public sees me out delivering every night 8 or later, so flashing some numbers in my public’s face will do very little.
Your not wrong. I'm out late every night too. But I'm not ignorant to how the public views us. Did you not see the thread some lady posted on here because the ups truck was beeping out front oh her house at 930 at night and she was annoyed at the noise. Not once did she mention or even notice that the ups guy was out late. Just that the truck was loud and the guy was a dick to her. People don't notice us out there. Most people don't realize or have any clue that the same guy out at night is the same guy that started that morning. They think it's a second shift or something. Or they don't even notice.

bowhnterdon

Looking at the Vote No page on FB.....well I did not know there are so many poorly educated in this Union. My God, the comments and the theories.... I will vote no on what I have seen, but some people.. I am speechless

siouxman

siouxman
The only reason i even break 10+k is all the peak hours.
central states pension will be long gone before i even have the chance to think about getting diddly squat from it.
yes voters are just old people that got theirs and dont remember where they came from.
I've been at ups 35 years and have done every job at the company from porter air driver sorter unload PC and feeder.i attend the union meetings try sign up people up for membership and stay involved.i have not forgot where I came from.most of the new employee's are not active like the old timers as you call them.most come up to us and ask what we think of the contract and will probably vote based on our opion.I know what our past guys fought for and am proud of what we have accomplished. There is always work to do but dont blame the old times for a contract you dont agree with.you need us we vote