Vote NO - A Sensible Discussion -Pt 1

siouxman

siouxman
First off, why should the drivers care what the public thinks? That’s UPS’s worry. Secondly, we are not striking over any of those things.
The customer pays our salaries going on strike is a serious step to take and all avenues of dialogue must be exhausted. The company and our jobs will never be the same if a prolonged strike occurs.be patient and vote.if more collective bargaining is needed so be it.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
The customer pays our salaries going on strike is a serious step to take and all avenues of dialogue must be exhausted. The company and our jobs will never be the same if a prolonged strike occurs.be patient and vote.if more collective bargaining is needed so be it.
If Abney ain’t worried about the customer caring if he makes 56,000 per day. I make 1900 per week. Abney makes 280,000

UPSTeamster Pragmatist

"central states pension will be long gone before i even have the chance to think about getting diddly squat from it"

You are very wrong on that. IBT leadership has a plan and its a clever one. You will be pleasantly surprised.

The Real Jack RyanMI6

I've been at ups 35 years and have done every job at the company from porter air driver sorter unload PC and feeder.i attend the union meetings try sign up people up for membership and stay involved.i have not forgot where I came from.most of the new employee's are not active like the old timers as you call them.most come up to us and ask what we think of the contract and will probably vote based on our opion.I know what our past guys fought for and am proud of what we have accomplished. There is always work to do but dont blame the old times for a contract you dont agree with.you need us we vote
I can only speak for myself, and to that end i thank you truly and honestly for your service. I can scarcely imagine the hours you have sacrificed, in behalf of others instead of family or hobby time. My wife will be relieved when this is all over, and ive not devoted anything like the time you must have over your career.

The Real Jack RyanMI6

I agree with you that going on strike is serious matter. I know there are many points of dissatisfaction with this contract, however we really need to step back and look at the perspective of the public who ,as you point out pay our campany which in turn pays us, if we allow a 70 hr week during peak and that in turn increases accidents and fatalities, then in turn how would it be if there lawn signs saying no UPS here, not my childern, not my neighborhood. This thought was brought up by the cheif of trauma at the local hospital he and i go to church together and his wife and mine are friends