Vote NO Explained

LagunaBrown

I hope package car driver doesn't mind starting later probably about 10 am 22.4 got the rest. You have 8 hours at about 630 so no more overtime for most full-time employees
How many more of these made up scenarios are you going to post to try and scare people? The reality is part timers will take these jobs and start families with great benefits like healthcare, pension and retirment packages. Most in my local will be full time before the even reach 22.4 progression.

Last edited:

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
if they are trying to introduce a flexible driver position that can be used anytime anywhere with no set start times or route or anything set in stone, why would you not think they will be used in ANY & ALL scenarios you can think of to cut the regular drivers OT hours. why else create them from UPS point of view? so part timers will take these jobs and start families with great benefits like healthcare, pension and retirement packages? yeah right...thats ups plan from the get go ya think?

LagunaBrown

if they are trying to introduce a flexible driver position that can be used anytime anywhere with no set start times or route or anything set in stone, why would you not think they will be used in ANY & ALL scenarios you can think of to cut the regular drivers OT hours. why else create them from UPS point of view? so part timers will take these jobs and start families with great benefits like healthcare, pension and retirement packages? yeah right...thats ups plan from the get go ya think?
I’m cool with Q and A but when people start having to say UPS is gonna push start times back to 10am when they deliver EAM and NDA premium packages is starting to get ridiculous. Let’s not get to paranoid and reel it back in here.

Here in the West our pension is well funded and doing fantastic. Pension contributions has risen every contract. In fact last contract if you worked the max 2080 all 5 years you would have put $106,000 into your pension. This contract if you work your 2080 you WILL get $129,000. So if your a full timer we are talking 10 years and almost s quarter of a million dollars and most people work 30 years so you do the math. You see that is my point this guy did not explain these aspects or the regional aspects involved. Some areas are even higher!
$1 increase equals $25 extra a month.

LagunaBrown

$1 increase equals $25 extra a month.
Where are you getting your numbers. That is not an accurate account of anyone’s pension contributions. If you got a dollar then it is added to your hourly pension contribution rate. So tell me what is your hourly pension contribution rate and we can add the new yearly raises to it to get an accurate account from there. If your serious show me the numbers.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I’m cool with Q and A but when people start having to say UPS is gonna push start times back to 10am when they deliver EAM and NDA premium packages is starting to get ridiculous. Let’s not get to paranoid and reel it back in here.
Why is that "ridiculous"?

In the last 20 years, I have seen my start time as a package car driver moved back by an hour.

With the Company having the availability to utilize air divers in the mornings for these manufactured "exceptions", and 22.4 drivers in the evenings for late pickups and deliveries, both at a substantial hourly rate discount....

Tell me again how this is "ridiculous" and "paranoid"???....or is the notion simply getting in the way of you selling this crap contract???

Last edited:

In the last 20 years, I have seen my start time as a package car driver moved back by an hour.

With the Company having the availability to utilize air divers in the mornings, and 22.4 drivers in the evenings for late pickups, both at a substantial hourly rate discount.

Tell me again how this "ridiculous" and "paranoid"???....or is the notion simply getting in the way of you selling this crap contract???
Besides 25% of the drivers can't do all of the air.

LagunaBrown

With the Company having the availability to utilize air divers in the mornings, and 22.4 drivers in the evenings for late pickups, both at a substantial hourly rate discount.

Tell me again how this "ridiculous" and "paranoid"???....or is the notion simply getting in the way of you selling this crap contract???
Because that is premium work and I would expect you to know that.

Where are you getting your numbers. That is not an accurate account of anyone’s pension contributions. If you got a dollar then it is added to your hourly pension contribution rate. So tell me what is your hourly pension contribution rate and we can add the new yearly raises to it to get an accurate account from there. If your serious show me the numbers.
Every area has a different contribution rate (dollars per hour). But we all have the same accrual rate in the WCT pension. (1.2%)

A $1 increase equals an increase of $2080 a year. Times the 1.2% accrual rate. Equals an extra $24.96 a month.

With the Company having the availability to utilize air divers in the mornings for these manufactured "exceptions", and 22.4 drivers in the evenings for late pickups and deliveries, both at a substantial hourly rate discount....

Tell me again how this is "ridiculous" and "paranoid"???....or is the notion simply getting in the way of you selling this crap contract???
Start times should be in your supplement.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Because that is premium work and I would expect you to know that.
Article 40 National Master:

Section 1 - Air Drivers
(a) Air driver work shall consist of delivery and pickup of air packages
which, because of time and customer commitments, cannot be
reasonably performed by regular package drivers. Such work may
include:
(1) Delivery of air packages which the regular delivery drivers cannot
deliver within guaranteed time commitments.
(2) Delivery of air packages arriving at the facility after regular
drivers have been dispatched.
(3) Delivery and pick up of air packages on weekends and holidays.
(4) On Call Air pickups.
(5) Pick up at air counters and drop boxes.

LagunaBrown

Every area has a different contribution rate (dollars per hour). But we all have the same accrual rate in the WCT pension. (1.2%)

A $1 increase equals an increase of $2080 a year. Times the 1.2% accrual rate. Equals an extra $24.96 a month.
Ok here right now we make $11.16 an hour to pension so do the math with that and not a dollar. $24.96 times time 11 is $274.56 so really what your saying is we are getting close to to $300 a month. I wonder how much that will be worth in 10 years.

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Start times should be in your supplement.
Article 12 Central Region Supplement:

Section 4
A full-time seniority employee’s uniform starting time must be
scheduled and posted by the end of the shift of their last scheduled
work day of the preceding workweek for the following workweek.
In areas where the Union and the Employer agree, the start time
shall be uniform except where the Employer is able to schedule an
earlier start time for the package driver employees on Mondays or
days after holidays, when merchandise is available for dispatch. If
the Employer switches an employee’s workweek from Monday
through Friday, to Tuesday through Saturday, he/she shall be
allowed to exercise his/her seniority.

LagunaBrown

Article 40 National Master:

Section 1 - Air Drivers
(a) Air driver work shall consist of delivery and pickup of air packages
which, because of time and customer commitments, cannot be
reasonably performed by regular package drivers. Such work may
include:
(1) Delivery of air packages which the regular delivery drivers cannot
deliver within guaranteed time commitments.
(2) Delivery of air packages arriving at the facility after regular
drivers have been dispatched.
(3) Delivery and pick up of air packages on weekends and holidays.
(4) On Call Air pickups.
(5) Pick up at air counters and drop boxes.
Wow you are reaching, if they could not claw into that work before what makes you think they can now......... Are you a little paranoid?

giphy.gif

WTFm8

22.4s can take the air stops. 8-12 airs stops normally plus 10-15 random ground stops thrown inbetween (because Orion) can take up first 2 hours of my day because the truck is bricked out and I try my best to find the packages to follow Orion cause it's so great!

Knock those 8-12 off and it'd easily save me around 1.5hrs... but you know they'd just toss another 15-20 ground on.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Wow you are reaching, if they could not claw into that work before what makes you think they can now......... Are you a little paranoid?
Where am I losing you???

Having already pushed our start times back an hour, they already are "clawing into that work".
How do you think the air is being delivered on time, with each package car driver having an hour less to deliver it?

A little naive, are you???
main-qimg-67ed68dbf3f0ba1fa42b1df31b71f650-c

....you guessed it, additional air drivers!!!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
22.4s can take the air stops. 8-12 airs stops normally plus 10-15 random ground stops thrown inbetween (because Orion) can take up first 2 hours of my day because the truck is bricked out and I try my best to find the packages to follow Orion cause it's so great!

Knock those 8-12 off and it'd easily save me around 1.5hrs... but you know they'd just toss another 15-20 ground on.
Nope, they will do their damnedest to make sure you clock out after 8 hours, while that extra work will be done by 22.4's at a substantial discount.

LagunaBrown

Where am I losing you???

Having already pushed our start times back an hour, they already are "clawing into that work".
How do you think the air is being delivered on time, with each package car driver having an hour less to deliver it?

A little naive, are you???
main-qimg-67ed68dbf3f0ba1fa42b1df31b71f650-c

....you guessed it, air drivers!!!
"work currently performed by Regular Package car Drivers (RPCD's) such as EAMs, early bulk stops, Shuttle runs, etc. shall remain in place and shall continue to be performed by RPCDs".

I go off what our Southwest Package Rider says. Sounds like you gotta learn how to protect your work Bubbles.

LagunaBrown

Ah, the infamous "funny" Emoji that comes after you get schooled. Its just like old times. Be sure to mix it up with a couple "creative" emoji's too.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Ah, the infamous "funny" Emoji that comes after you get schooled. Its just like old times. Be sure to mix it up with a couple "creative" emoji's too.
Schooled???....lol
It won't take the Company more than a couple of months to "reloop" that clause into obscurity.

The only ones that will be getting "schooled" are the drivers that depend on 50-60 hours a week to make their nut, who will be getting 40 hours instead, if this deplorable 22.4 language gets past the membership vote.