Vote NO Explained

LagunaBrown

Schooled???....lol
It won't take the Company more than a couple of months to "reloop" that clause into obscurity.

The only ones that will be getting "schooled" are the drivers that depend on 50-60 hours a week to make their nut, who will be getting 40 hours instead, if this deplorable 22.4 language gets past the membership vote.
Oh bubble how many times in the past have you and other drivers complained of excessive overtime. If we printed all your post all about you and the 9.5 list over the last 10 years how high would that stack be? Now you flip flop back to guys need the work.......Hmmmmm

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Oh bubble how many times in the past have you and other drivers complained of excessive overtime. If we printed all your post all about you and the 9.5 list over the last 10 years how high would that stack be? Now you flip flop back to guys need the work.......Hmmmmm
I don't complain at all???

In fact, if you come around regularly, instead of just when you have something to sell, you would know that I have been on the 9.5 List (for the last 5 years here in the Central) and have deemed it effective language.
The language in Article 37, for the most part, has worked for me.

But in my building, for every 9.5 participant, there are three who choose not to opt-in.
What does that tell you???
They want and need the OT, to which I don't begrudge them, nor do I expect the IBT to propose language that cuts off their noses to spite my face.
This notion that "we all want less forced OT" is a false hard sell and quite frankly BS.

Look, no matter what happens, I will be fine cause I already got mine.
I'm in the eleventh hour of my career, but am looking to pay it forward to the collective whole, past/present/and future.

All we ever hear you making are desperate pleas to preserve your regions side deals and carve outs, which greatly compromises your credibility on national issues.

This national 22.4 proposal is crap language that will completely change the landscape for full time drivers going forward and I can not stand mute about it.

Last edited:

LagunaBrown

I don't complain at all???

In fact, if you come around regularly, instead of just when you have something to sell, you would know that I have been on the 9.5 List ( for the last 5 years here in the Central) and have deemed it effective language for the most part.
The language in Article 37, for the most part, has worked for me.

But in my building, for every 9.5 participant, there are three who choose not to opt-in.
What does that tell you???

Look, no matter what happens, I will be fine cause I already got mine.
I'm in the eleventh hour of my career, but am looking to pay it forward to the collective whole, past/present/and future.

All we ever hear you making are desperate pleas to preserve your regions side deals and carve outs, which greatly compromises your credibility on national issues.

This national 22.4 proposal is crap language that will completely change the landscape for full time drivers going forward and I can not stand mute about it.
Every contract the sky is always falling with you. Remember all the reasons we were told to vote no last last contract? They were all B.S. so excuse me for not trusting you. preserving our region language that protects our members and their families is IMPORTANT and a shame you like to down play as "side deals".

We would have to pay for healthcare.... Lie
we would make less in our pension.........Lie
We would be in Teamcare..................... Lie
There isn't enough time to make a carve out.... Lie
The care out is the c-6 plan....................Lie

You of all people should know I stood my ground last contract too and it was good.

Last edited:

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
D365D536-F4AE-4919-B683-55B7D36A403C.jpeg
I agree!

Ok here right now we make $11.16 an hour to pension so do the math with that and not a dollar. $24.96 times time 11 is $274.56 so really what your saying is we are getting close to to $300 a month. I wonder how much that will be worth in 10 years.
Right now you should be getting $11.16 * 2080 hrs = $23,212 in contributions per year.

I’m not sure if the extra peer amount UPS pays is included though. So is might be a bit less

$23,212 * 1.2% = $278.54 per month or 3,342 per year.

That $1 will add $24.96 to your monthly benefit. So it will go up to $303.50 per month this year.

And another 24.96 per month each year in the contract.

Until the pension changes their accrual rate.

LagunaBrown

Right now you should be getting $11.16 * 2080 hrs = $23,212 in contributions per year.

I’m not sure if the extra peer amount UPS pays is included though. So is might be a bit less

$23,212 * 1.2% = $278.54 per month or 3,342 per year.

That $1 will add $24.96 to your monthly benefit. So it will go up to $303.50 per month this year.

And another 24.96 per month each year in the contract.

Until the pension changes their accrual rate.
Thank you. So last year total contributions were $106,000 over the life of the contract working 2080 and this one is $129,000. So in 10 years your close to a quarter of a million dollars of money into your pension. How is this a bad thing?

Thank you. So last year total contributions were $106,000 over the life of the contract working 2080 and this one is $129,000. So in 10 years your close to a quarter of a million dollars of money into your pension. How is this a bad thing?
You should look at it as what the payout is. It will increase about $25 a month or $300 a year over the life of the contract.

dogs.bite.me

So again they are only giving catch up raises to employees that are between new and 2 or 3 years in basically which screws many for their time they already put in. 2nd tear drivers will eventually take work away from pters specifically OT. Language changed to allow pters to be discharged from electronics. I'm sure their is more. The absolute least they can do is offer a catch up raise if they want a yes vote from more pters, but that's fine. It will just be voted down
What electronics do they use for part timers that they could be discharged for?

LagunaBrown

You should look at it as what the payout is. It will increase about $25 a month or $300 a year over the life of the contract.
I’m the WCTP and know it depends on a lot of factors. Part time years, full time years, 2080, accrual ratings and pention contribution amounts. Really members gotta call individually to find out. Did you know the n 1997 pension contributions was only $3.50 an hour.

LagunaBrown

Right, because all pters want to go full time, if they don't screw them I guess.
Oh yeah if they don’t want to go full time it’s who’s fault? Besides they get close to $10.00 an hour to a pension and approximately $228 dollars a WEEK paid for their healthcare benefits that covers their family. They can flipping retire with a part time career and your complaining. Show me who has a better gig than that!

a911scanner

ARticle 37 NMA

Employees within the full-time driver classification shall be eligible for the protection of this Section provided: (1) the employee covers a route for a full week; (2) the employee bids or is assigned to cover a route for a full week but is prevented from completing that bid or assignment due to reassignment by the Employer; or (3) an employee with four (4) years of seniority as a full-time package driver.

Not only did you delete the a part but most of all you fail to realize not all RPCD have 9.5 rights under our current contract language. Tell me what’s better? ALL RPCD being covered under 9.5 in the new contract. Or your hypocritical stance on our current 9.5 language where not everyone is covered.

For someone who is quoting the past contract & the currently proposed contract and putting out facts and figures like an expert, let me quickly school you on something. As I am a "newbie" with just shy of 4 years as a FT DSP, I can speak to "actual knowledge" of the subject.

I am currently on the 9.5 list, and have been since January 2018, which was my 3year & 3 month date of FT time service (I would have been on the list sooner had I understood the language better). The reason why is covered in Art 37 as you listed above (1) the employee covers a route for a full week

Let me quickly, clearly and concisely explain how a FT Driver that has just gained seniority can be on the 9.5 list.

1)Cover a route every day for 1 week. You are now eligible to request to be on the 9.5 list. From there, you must go over 9.5 hours worked 3 times in a one week period after making your request known to management. Presto! 9.5 list for you, new driver.

Obviously, #1 & #2 are essentially the same issue. #2 just covers if your management refuses to honor your running the same route for a full week if you've bid it and won the bid.

Lastly, although I believe you may have misinterpreted it, #3 says that if you have worked as a driver for 4 years, you don't need to qualify with #1 or #2 anymore. You can just request 9.5 relief because you feel like it.

I do think that many regions in the country do not understand this language in the contract, so it is not abided to by the letter of the language, so to speak.

I appreciate when anyone gives actual & truthful information like you have. You just happen to miss the mark on this one.

Phillip J Fry

sobbing between stops
Oh yeah if they don’t want to go full time it’s who’s fault? Besides they get close to $10.00 an hour to a pension and approximately $228 dollars a WEEK paid for their healthcare benefits that covers their family. They can flipping retire with a part time career and your complaining. Show me who has a better gig than that!
"who's fault" again you act like driving is this thing everyone is striving for. I'm not for one, too handsome to be a driver. Some people don't want to be drivers. They're going to school, have other jobs, whatever. The point is people who've been working there for 2-4 years (whatever it is) will be getting the same amount as a new hire. This is the crux of the issue as far as I'm concerned when it comes to pters with lower seniority. Color me not impressed and count me in the no vote category, especially when the CEO got a record multimillion dollar raise.

I’m the WCTP and know it depends on a lot of factors. Part time years, full time years, 2080, accrual ratings and pention contribution amounts. Really members gotta call individually to find out. Did you know the n 1997 pension contributions was only $3.50 an hour.
They have changed accrual rates many times since 1997. They even have had higher accrual rates for those with over 20 years of service.

"who's fault" again you act like driving is this thing everyone is striving for. I'm not for one, too handsome to be a driver. Some people don't want to be drivers. They're going to school, have other jobs, whatever. The point is people who've been working there for 2-4 years (whatever it is) will be getting the same amount as a new hire. This is the crux of the issue as far as I'm concerned when it comes to pters with lower seniority. Color me not impressed and count me in the no vote category, especially when the CEO got a record multimillion dollar raise.
The CEO has nothing to do with raises. If you don’t like what the CEO gets then vote your proxy. Let his boss’s know you are dissatisfied.

For someone who is quoting the past contract & the currently proposed contract and putting out facts and figures like an expert, let me quickly school you on something. As I am a "newbie" with just shy of 4 years as a FT DSP, I can speak to "actual knowledge" of the subject.

I am currently on the 9.5 list, and have been since January 2018, which was my 3year & 3 month date of FT time service (I would have been on the list sooner had I understood the language better). The reason why is covered in Art 37 as you listed above (1) the employee covers a route for a full week

Let me quickly, clearly and concisely explain how a FT Driver that has just gained seniority can be on the 9.5 list.

1)Cover a route every day for 1 week. You are now eligible to request to be on the 9.5 list. From there, you must go over 9.5 hours worked 3 times in a one week period after making your request known to management. Presto! 9.5 list for you, new driver.

Obviously, #1 & #2 are essentially the same issue. #2 just covers if your management refuses to honor your running the same route for a full week if you've bid it and won the bid.

Lastly, although I believe you may have misinterpreted it, #3 says that if you have worked as a driver for 4 years, you don't need to qualify with #1 or #2 anymore. You can just request 9.5 relief because you feel like it.

I do think that many regions in the country do not understand this language in the contract, so it is not abided to by the letter of the language, so to speak.

I appreciate when anyone gives actual & truthful information like you have. You just happen to miss the mark on this one.
Simplified:

if you are scheduled to work everyday (which a full time driver is) and go over 9.5 3 days in a week. You may go on the list.