Vote NO Explained

F

Frankie's Friend

Every contract the sky is always falling with you. Remember all the reasons we were told to vote no last last contract? They were all B.S. so excuse me for not trusting you. preserving our region language that protects our members and their families is IMPORTANT and a shame you like to down play as "side deals".

We would have to pay for healthcare.... Lie
we would make less in our pension.........Lie
We would be in Teamcare..................... Lie
There isn't enough time to make a carve out.... Lie
The care out is the c-6 plan....................Lie

You of all people should know I stood my ground last contract too and it was good.
Another foolishly false post. Does your house have windows and maybe a door so that you could actually see what's going on outside of your grand local palace?
If there's lying going on it's in your above post by omission...I hope.

How much does a 30 and 35 year fulltime pension pay in the western?
Depends, did you start 30 years ago? Or did you start today, looking at 30 years from now? Plus every area has a little different amount in contributions.

a911scanner

Yes that is true I can’t tell why but I can tell you that language already exists! Think about it new hire RPCD’s last contract did not Have 9.5 rights for 4 years either now they all can be on the list automatically. Also we have had two tier “cover drivers” since 1997 strike that already dont have protections like 9.5, excessive OT, or 8 hour requests either but they only make part time pension. The 22.4 is actually an upgrade to that job because they get Full time pension. The cover drivers also get red circled at 75% of top Driver rate after 6 months and carry their progression and rate (which is higher than 22.4 starting progression rate) with them to either 22.4 or RPCD position when seniority allows. You see in some areas it’s good and people will vote yes which people refuse to recognize while other areas do not have these situations so it’s understanable the would vote no.

Ok Thank you for proving my point but I will simplify it again. What is better the current 9.5 language for RPCD as you just explained or the new language where EVERY RPCD is covered with 22.4’s and no violations needed to get on the list.

Not only did you redirect, but I proved you wrong, not your point. Current language allows under 4 year people to be 9.5 Your quote above clearly does not say that. Your point was that nobody under 4 years has protection. And I do not disagree that the new 9.5 language is better (except for 22.4 drivers)

You, sir, have lost any credibility that you were trying to make with your Vote Yes mantra.

Double speak and redirection without specific answers will not get you a single mind changed. Admitting, at a minimum, that we disagree or even better, that you were mistaken will garner you much more support for your position.

F

Frankie's Friend

Every contract the sky is always falling with you. Remember all the reasons we were told to vote no last last contract? They were all B.S. so excuse me for not trusting you. preserving our region language that protects our members and their families is IMPORTANT and a shame you like to down play as "side deals".

We would have to pay for healthcare.... Lie
we would make less in our pension.........Lie
We would be in Teamcare..................... Lie
There isn't enough time to make a carve out.... Lie
The care out is the c-6 plan....................Lie

You of all people should know I stood my ground last contract too and it was good.
Lies? You bet you lie.
20180807_234040.jpg

The proposal said we would have progressive deductibles with Teamcare.

They offered us the C6 plan from the get go....then upgraded it to make the second plan look better but it still does not "mirror" our old plan.

We're in Teamcare not you. We were concerned about our changes just like you are yours.

We didnt get a carve out.

Are you drinking? You are at the least confused. Fess up.

Grey

Just by seeing how much under-4 year drivers hate having to help us I’m guessing the majority of them will vote yes.

Lies? You bet you lie.
View attachment 206092

They offered us the C6 plan from the get go....then upgraded it to make the second plan look better but it still does not "mirror" our old plan.

We're in Teamcare not you. We were concerned about our changes just like you are yours.

Seems the areas that fight the hardest against ups get much less than the rest.

F

Frankie's Friend

No sir. Our problems originated from language and changes in the master. That affects thousands of us. There's more to this issue than can be flippantly blamed on regional retaliation.

No sir. Our problems originated from language and changes in the master. That affects thousands of us. There's more to this issue than can be flippantly blamed on regional retaliation.
Here, the master has little affect. Supplements and state laws seem to be much stronger.

F

Frankie's Friend

Here, the master has little affect. Supplements and state laws seem to be much stronger.
There... in your area?
Yes, they prob are.
Doesnt mean that we are weak. There are other factors to deal with here...
Like people who have given up and therefore dont vote. There were areas that were imposed upon remember?
It's a mixed bag of crap.

There... in your area?
Yes, they prob are.
Doesnt mean that we are weak. There are other factors to deal with here...
Like people who have given up and therefore dont vote. There were areas that were imposed upon remember?
It's a mixed bag of crap.
This contract I think only 9.5 and funeral leave is relevant today.

LagunaBrown

ARticle 37 NMA

Employees within the full-time driver classification shall be eligible for the protection of this Section provided: (1) the employee covers a route for a full week; (2) the employee bids or is assigned to cover a route for a full week but is prevented from completing that bid or assignment due to reassignment by the Employer; or (3) an employee with four (4) years of seniority as a full-time package driver.

Not only did you redirect, but I proved you wrong, not your point. Current language allows under 4 year people to be 9.5 Your quote above clearly does not say that. Your point was that nobody under 4 years has protection. And I do not disagree that the new 9.5 language is better (except for 22.4 drivers)

You, sir, have lost any credibility that you were trying to make with your Vote Yes mantra.

Double speak and redirection without specific answers will not get you a single mind changed. Admitting, at a minimum, that we disagree or even better, that you were mistaken will garner you much more support for your position.
if you look at the whole thread I posted the whole 9.5 article. Thank you for admitting the new language is better. You see like I said in an earlier post it all comes down to supplements and riders. It is why I said that kids video was incorrect. So just like your “except for 22.4” I have to explain we already have a two tier driver since 1997 that does not have 9.5 rights just like 22.4 but with only part time pension. You see the 22.4 is an upgrade here because it is full time pension.

Last edited:

LagunaBrown

Lies? You bet you lie.
View attachment 206092

You are missing the point here. Once again that is why I disagree with that kids video on this thread. This contract is all about supplements and riders. Because I am in the West those were lies to us but in the central they may have been truth to you. That is the confusion of social media. I can recognize why you want to vote no but why is it so many people are unreasonable that it is a yes in our area.

LagunaBrown

over $129,000 to pension over the life of the contract (if working 2080) but we can do better??? I want a economist to review this not a kid. Does he even know we already got two tier drivers in 1997 under Ron Carey with what many consider our best contract ever. Anyone know if he has been elected as a steward, a BA or ran for office at his local. Just because a youtube video says we can do better is hardly enough for me to follow like a sheep. This contract is all about Supplements and Rider language. I know some areas are a "no" and some are "yes" depending on them. I mean this was put out before the regional language was even finalized and FB ate it up.
This is my original post so you have context, reality is the vote no explained That it’s not equal across the country. It depends on your area.

F

Frankie's Friend

Every contract the sky is always falling with you. Remember all the reasons we were told to vote no last last contract? They were all B.S. so excuse me for not trusting you.
Oh bubble how many times in the past have you and other drivers complained of excessive overtime. If we printed all your post all about you and the 9.5 list over the last 10 years how high would that stack be? Now you flip flop back to guys need the work.......Hmmmmm

Both these posted assertions are garbage. Talk about lies? These comments are not only lies but they're personal attacks.

Copying and pasting your area language to try to prove other people lie is childish.

Fight your fight and we will fight ours. The only language we seem to have in common is the NMA that is quite often a hurdle.

Attacking @Bubblehead with outright false suppositions doesnt help your credibility.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Also the areas that fight the hardest against the "Current International". It is all politics, always have been.. again it shows the real problem with our negotiations over the last 20 plus years. Unfortunately it will up to a third party if the collective bargaining system does have the ability or is not willing to correct themselves. Changes are a coming.mark my words..