VOTE

Does that make you question who you have voted for.... in the past ?
A real winning contract would reduce progression to 1 or 2 years, eliminate 22.4 language, substantial increase in both PT and FT starting rates, eliminate TCD and Art 40. Of course those proposals would never make into the contract because they wouldn't affect the old guys.

542thruNthru

Alaska contract we had was we went on strike in 1997
After that it went downhill
tenor-15.gif

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Alaska contract we had was we went on strike in 1997
After that it went downhill

Then we had 24 years of concessions and division among our members...

Try to remember when the International was ever proactive on a national Contract. The Company has dictated every contract since Hoffa was placed in his position. That 2002-2008 contract was a carry over from the Carey administration, with the 2008-2013 contract they rushed the Central States buyout and left a lot of members behind, they could of negotiated maintaining benefits for those who retired before 2008, they didn’t.

Most of our current members never witnessed a strike or even a threat of one, the difference between the Carey years and the Hoffa years is troubling. Carey was only in office for six years, Hoffa had 24 years, name one major labor victory that was won under the Hoffa administration?

Those early results in this election are expected, in the last election only 17 % of the 1,300,000 eligible members even turned in a ballot. I mailed mine in the following day as most of us on this site, so far about 100,000 were received, The deadline is November 15, three weeks from now, do the math...roughly 92 % of the Teamster membership have not even bothered to participate...yet...

Bottom line is no matter who gets into office...they will have to deal with the apathy among their rank and file, it is a cancer that has been growing for decades. With all that is going on and will be happening with this pandemic driven 2023 Contract these candidates better be ready, after being knifed in the back over the last two.

Then we had 24 years of concessions and division among our members...

Try to remember when the International was ever proactive on a national Contract. The Company has dictated every contract since Hoffa was placed in his position. That 2002-2008 contract was a carry over from the Carey administration, with the 2008-2013 contract they rushed the Central States buyout and left a lot of members behind, they could of negotiated maintaining benefits for those who retired before 2008, they didn’t.

Most of our current members never witnessed a strike or even a threat of one, the difference between the Carey years and the Hoffa years is troubling. Carey was only in office for six years, Hoffa had 24 years, name one major labor victory that was won under the Hoffa administration?

Those early results in this election are expected, in the last election only 17 % of the 1,300,000 eligible members even turned in a ballot. I mailed mine in the following day as most of us on this site, so far about 100,000 were received, The deadline is November 15, three weeks from now, do the math...roughly 92 % of the Teamster membership have not even bothered to participate...yet...

Bottom line is no matter who gets into office...they will have to deal with the apathy among their rank and file, it is a cancer that has been growing for decades. With all that is going on and will be happening with this pandemic driven 2023 Contract these candidates better be ready, after being knifed in the back over the last two.
This next contract should be very interesting

Jlandry

I will vote for some of OZ. I will not vote for Hick,Wright, Taibi or Zuck. Hicks and Wright supported 22.4 while having their heads upDennis Taylor’s ass. Taibi is a maroon. Zuck I just don’t trust. To many lies