Voter Suppression

Lue C Fur

Evil member
When the Loony Left complains about FOX news and Conservative talk shows...you know they are doing a good job. I think the Loons actually listen more then the average conservative. I wish had just an hour to sit a watch the news. I have to DVR the debates and get quick updates on the net for news. Maybe its a good thing to be a left winger...you have lots of time on your hands. No wonder they like the Messiah so much.

wkmac

When the Loony Left complains about FOX news and Conservative talk shows...you know they are doing a good job. I think the Loons actually listen more then the average conservative. I wish had just an hour to sit a watch the news. I have to DVR the debates and get quick updates on the net for news. Maybe its a good thing to be a left winger...you have lots of time on your hands. No wonder they like the Messiah so much.

Using your logic, if you complain about the left wing news, it means.......................

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If the moderator had posted my posts on LIMBAUGH, you would have seen how LIMBAUGH blasted ROMNEY and said he wasnt a conservative or conservative enough...

Youll never know though... it was prevented from being posted.

Peace

TOS

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
If the moderator had posted my posts on LIMBAUGH, you would have seen how LIMBAUGH blasted ROMNEY and said he wasnt a conservative or conservative enough...

Youll never know though... it was prevented from being posted.

Peace

TOS

TOS... This is not the first time you have made this kind of false accusation against our moderators.

Persecution Complex Is the Defining Modern Psychosis

Here are links to the posts that you accuse the mods of deleting:

http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f13/mitt-romney-340933/index236.html#post1042353

http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f13/mitt-romney-340933/index236.html#post1042345

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Thank you for your vague accusations. Everything that is moderated is also logged, so it is what it is.

According to the mod log those posts were both approved by a mod at 03:41 AM on 10-20-2012. You originally posted them 10-19-2012 08:13 PM and 08:28 PM. These times are all pst.

You could legitimately complain that it took over 7 hours to have the posts approved, which is longer than usual. But those posts had been displayed on our public forum for 18 hours before you accused "the moderator" of preventing them from being posted.

Search is your friend, try it first next time.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Really? How would you like your posts held until pages are posted and then what you write appears when everyone has moved on?

Peace

TOS

TOS, When you fail to accept personal responsibility for your own actions here there are a series of events that follow over time.

Terms of Service said:
BrownCafe operates on an honor system. Our intention is to maintain a fair and reasonable forum and facilitate legitimate, reasoned debate about the issues raised. Registered members are offered the privilege of freely posting on this site with the understanding that they are bound by their honor to observe our House Rules and Terms of Service and will therefore not abuse the trust placed in them.

Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-board. Derogatory, insulting, or belittling statements, directed at other members as well as direct or indirect personal attacks are not permitted on our forum.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals or their choices or circumstances, which disparage their ideas, opinions, their occupation or their personal situation. These examples are not exhaustive. Insulting or disparaging another member is a personal attack regardless of the manner in which it is done. These offensive comments are contrary to the spirit of legitimate, reasoned debate and damaging to the purpose of our community.

bbsam

Staff member
This is completely off the cuff, but according to the Terms of Service, I get the feeling 85% of what is posted in Current Events could be moderated under the "deragatory personal comments about individuals or their choices or circumstances" clause.

over9five

Staff member
This is completely off the cuff, but according to the Terms of Service, I get the feeling 85% of what is posted in Current Events could be moderated under the "deragatory personal comments about individuals or their choices or circumstances" clause.

You're right, but in this forum which should be renamed "Politics", we have to run it a little looser than the other forums. It's politics, and it is what it is. Can you imagine if we did moderate 85% of the posts here?
Certain people take it WAY over the line though, even after having been given many warnings and promising to scale it back.

bbsam

Staff member
You're right, but in this forum which should be renamed "Politics", we have to run it a little looser than the other forums. It's politics, and it is what it is. Can you imagine if we did moderate 85% of the posts here?
Certain people take it WAY over the line though, even after having been given many warnings and promising to scale it back.

I agree. It is what it is. Just sayin'.

texan

TOS I agree with you. Mr. Hannity is annoying to me, and I do not listen.
Look at the the below though. How many hard left are there in the top ten?
audiencechart_812.jpg

You know what is ironic? Since you brought it up, on my way home, I listened to Sean Hannity.

Thanks TOS for the suggestion.

He is broadcasting from Boca Raton today.

The short time I listened to him, he reviewed the last four years foreign policy, apology --- make
peace tours, of our President.

It was right on, and I agree with what he said. He had a great synopsis of the last four years foreign policy.

I shared I do not listen to him, I listen to other items (music) on my MP3 player / radio / CD
player on my way home.

I will not now "tune in every day".

But his capsulation was very accurate and reflects what I perceive and observe.

Shalom
Texan

menotyou

bella amicizia
Really? How would you like your posts held until pages are posted and then what you write appears when everyone has moved on?

Peace

TOS

TOS, When you fail to accept personal responsibility for your own actions here there are a series of events that follow over time.
Just as she, the owner of the site, says: own what you do. I am not angel by any means. But, when I do something, I own it. I don't cry that I was being over moderated compared to such and such. 9 times out of 10, I know I will get scolded when I post something I get scolded for. I am a big girl and will take my punishment. Can you?

MissedBusiness

NotReallyAMember

Peace

TOS
Gee if i felt my posts were unjustly held, i would leave the site and never return. The interwebz are a big place, plenty of other sites i could post on. Have u no pride?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Just as she, the owner of the site, says: own what you do. I am not angel by any means. But, when I do something, I own it. I don't cry that I was being over moderated compared to such and such. 9 times out of 10, I know I will get scolded when I post something I get scolded for. I am a big girl and will take my punishment. Can you?

Maybe you should learn to play well with others.

Gee if i felt my posts were unjustly held, i would leave the site and never return. The interwebz are a big place, plenty of other sites i could post on. Have u no pride?

WOW, for a moment there, I thought the site moderator and I were having a conversation, I didnt realize she needed any help in her communications.

Everything from leaving the site to being forced to agree with you all?? Seriously? This is the best advice you can offer?

Ill take being an independent thinker and not sign up for Club Dread.

If you all feel it necessary to pile on, then I asked to be freed from moderation so that I can post in real time.

Peace

TOS