Voting Fraud

browned out

No, you challenged me to write a post professing my love for the company. The positives of the job itself are a completely different story and that's not what you asked. The positives outweigh any and all negatives there are, that's why I still remain employed at UPS. You're kidding yourself if you think I continue to show up everyday because I have no other options. Just because I focus on the "negatives" as you claim, doesn't mean I find no enjoyment or happiness in my life. Last time I checked you were a manager not a psychologist, I could be wrong though.

Management gets alot of psycology training. They are taught how to intimidate, coerce, guilt people into things, and many other psycological tactics.

Don't get psyced out.

tieguy

Banned
Management gets alot of psycology training. They are taught how to intimidate, coerce, guilt people into things, and many other psycological tactics.

Don't get psyced out.

I would think we acquired these traits from your union leadership who has a long illustrious history of coercion and intimidation. Talents they apparently acquired from the mob?

Char

Char,

Let me help you with this.....

versed...?? High School English. Did you mean to use the word "verse" as a transitive verb ??:wink2:-Bug-

verse: familiarize through thorough study or experience; "She versed herself in Roman archeology"
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Another example, BigUnionGuy claims to be well versed in grammer.

Now that we can finish up the grammer game, I said people well versed in labor law which I made clear I am not. As simply an observer, I would be skeptical of any election carried out in this manner. I don't know if all the things listed above are true, but there are some people on these boards that think it is. At the very least, it is questionable. It is our future we are talking about and at the very least, I think someone who is knowledgeable about this stuff ought to look at it.

Char

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
I would think we acquired these traits from your union leadership who has a long illustrious history of coercion and intimidation. Talents they apparently acquired from the mob?

what are you talking about? if the union dudes were as tough as the mobs then this contract will never ever pass.:peaceful:

babboo25

Banned
We make 28.16 an hour. We dont pay a dime for our insurance. We have a better than average pension. I dont understand all of the whining. Not that much has changed in this contract to vote no on. I am happy with most of it. We are lucky we have such great job security. Look at GM, Ford and Chrysler, the UAW negotiated a contract that allowed the company to close plants and eliminate jobs. BE THANKFUL

Damok

We make 28.16 an hour. We dont pay a dime for our insurance. We have a better than average pension. I dont understand all of the whining. Not that much has changed in this contract to vote no on. I am happy with most of it. We are lucky we have such great job security. Look at GM, Ford and Chrysler, the UAW negotiated a contract that allowed the company to close plants and eliminate jobs. BE THANKFUL

You are sooooo gonna get flamed :D

*ducks for cover*

Griff

You did comment on my positive outlook in your previous posts. I believe that gives me the leeway to discuss my outlook on life and how it contrasts with the one you display here. You then told me to give you some insight on how to display a positive outlook. No psychology degree required.

I was being sarcastic. If you think you have a positive outlook, whatever makes you sleep better at night. I could careless how I'm viewed by you or anyone else on this site. Honestly, I don't even know why I give you the time of day. We are polar opposites in every way that is imaginable. I've said more to you on this website than I've said to any management employee combined in about 5 years. I'm not saying this because I hang my hat on limiting my interaction with management, it's just the way it is, I have no reason to talk to you.

brazenbrown

Someone that makes some sense. The others who whine and bitch only do so to complain about what they surely don't deserve, over and over and over again.:wink2:

brazenbrown

I've said more to you on this website than I've said to any management employee combined in about 5 years. I'm not saying this because I hang my hat on limiting my interaction with management, it's just the way it is, I have no reason to talk to you.

There in lies the problem!!:happy-very:

tieguy

Banned
I was being sarcastic. If you think you have a positive outlook, whatever makes you sleep better at night. I could careless how I'm viewed by you or anyone else on this site.
I would probably agree with that point. You don't care. And since you don't care about the site why stay here and continue to be depressed and angry. Why not relieve yourself of your irritations?

browned out

The difference between ups and the big three is that UPS makes over $ 4 Billion a year profit and The Big Three have been losing Billions upon Billions. UPS operates in a duopoly where they have only one major competitor. The Big Three have at least a dozen competiors. We are not lucky; anyone can get a job here. The package delivery business can not be outsourced. It has been labeled in many a financial paper as recession proff. The bad economy and subprime real estate bust has been going on for years and it hardly(if at all) effected UPS volume.
UPS continues to make higher margins than fed ex due to employee productivity.

Your agruement is akin to the NFL paying its star players only $1,000,000 a year and telling the players "hey you are making a good salary and you are lucky" While the owners would make billions more.

You may need to take economics 101 again.
UPS can afford to and does pay us what we deserve.

Char

The bad economy and subprime real estate bust has been going on for years and it hardly(if at all) effected UPS volume.

How can describe the economy as bad. Yes, it has its ups and downs but the economy has been exceptionally strong since 1983.

Subprime mortgages are only %20 of all mortgages. Of those, only about %5 went bust or are going to go bust. Mostly because a bunch of mortgage companies approved loans to people who had no business taking out a loan. While this is a high number it is no way representative of the economy as a whole.

There is usually 1 or 2 sectors of the economy that may not be great at any given time but the rest usually do well.

Char

browned out

How can describe the economy as bad. Yes, it has its ups and downs but the economy has been exceptionally strong since 1983.

Subprime mortgages are only %20 of all mortgages. Of those, only about %5 went bust or are going to go bust. Mostly because a bunch of mortgage companies approved loans to people who had no business taking out a loan. While this is a high number it is no way representative of the economy as a whole.

There is usually 1 or 2 sectors of the economy that may not be great at any given time but the rest usually do well.

Char

The point is that UPS prospers in almost every economic condition except a major recession or depression. High fuel prices are passed on to the customer. Comparisons to the auto industry are not viable. Outsourcing, overseas competition, and unfair trade regulations severly affected the auto industry.
UPS can not outsource any driver or inside loading, unloading, etc overseas. UPS is in a duopoly with FedEx as the only major players in the shipping industry. The money is there and we are not lucky.
When the Big 3 were booming, the UAW members shared in that sucess.

tieguy

Banned
Comparisons to the auto industry are not viable. Outsourcing, overseas competition, and unfair trade regulations severly affected the auto industry.

I would think comparisons are very viable. The auto industry could crap thousands of jobs and people at any given time. UPSers have been lucky because we have not experienced the same thing here. The same incompent management and penny pinching many of you have complained about is the same reason you folks have not had to exeperience our elinimating thousands of jobs as is common in the auto industy.

UPS can not outsource any driver or inside loading, unloading, etc overseas. UPS is in a duopoly with FedEx as the only major players in the shipping industry.

You need to research your point a little more. The post office and dhl are very viable competitors. There is no duoply. The post office has taken many of the high volume catalog shippers that are concerned about pricing. DHL is the international king. Only a matter of time before they retool in the us and become much more competitive.

The money is there and we are not lucky.

and they share in their misery by losing their jobs.

Damok

Char

Are you defining the exceptionally strong economy in terms of corporate profits and increased consumer debt spending?

browned out

Comparisons to the auto industry are not viable. Outsourcing, overseas competition, and unfair trade regulations severly affected the auto industry.

I would think comparisons are very viable. The auto industry could crap thousands of jobs and people at any given time. UPSers have been lucky because we have not experienced the same thing here. The same incompent management and penny pinching many of you have complained about is the same reason you folks have not had to exeperience our elinimating thousands of jobs as is common in the auto industy.

Yeah very comprable. They provide a product and we provide a service. The Big 3's labor costs have always made their profit margins the lowest in the auto industry. By contrast UPS maintains the highest profit margins in its industry. Maybe we will put hubs on the border with Mexico on the Mexican side and have the package cars dispatched from there to outsource our labor. Unlike the auto industry; UPS provides a higher quality product than it's competitors. Everyone I talk to has problems with DHL and the Post Office. DHL hardly has any package cars in use anymore, mostly just vans. DHL is losing a ton of money in the States and they keep pushing back the year that they can even break even. The dhl drivers were still wearing airborne uniforms years after the takeover. Their brand will have a difficult time catching on in the US. UPS and Fedex are spending millions in DC lobbying against DHL. As drivers we see very few large or small packages being delivered by the post office. The first people to go at UPS with the advent of PAS and LAS will be middle management. Most of the dispatch that used to be controled by humans is now controled by PAS and edd. The center managers have very little to do with the amount of cars put on the road, etc. UPS and FEDEX control over 80% of the small parcel deliveries in the US. (seems like a duopoly to me) UPS is also cutting into DHL's international service.

UPS can not outsource any driver or inside loading, unloading, etc overseas. UPS is in a duopoly with FedEx as the only major players in the shipping industry.

You need to research your point a little more. The post office and dhl are very viable competitors. There is no duoply. The post office has taken many of the high volume catalog shippers that are concerned about pricing. DHL is the international king. Only a matter of time before they retool in the us and become much more competitive.

The money is there and we are not lucky.

and they share in their misery by losing their jobs.

Due to poor quality, low profit margins and outsourcing.

Char

Are you defining the exceptionally strong economy in terms of corporate profits and increased consumer debt spending?

A strong economy is one that expands. This means more opportunity for everybody. Why are corporate profits a bad thing? Consumer debt is more of a generational/cultural phenomenon. I'm 29, my grandparents had saved money. My parents did not learn from them, as many babyboomers didn't. People want their crap and want it now. babyboomers were far less wise with their finances than their parents were and have passed that on to their kids but its even worse. Babyboomers tended to spoil their kids giving them whatever they want when they want it. They were given stuff as rewards for doing things they should have been doing anyway without having to do anything extra for it. Now the generation X crowd believe they are owed a living from someone else.

Char

browned out

A strong economy is one that expands. This means more opportunity for everybody. Why are corporate profits a bad thing? Consumer debt is more of a generational/cultural phenomenon. I'm 29, my grandparents had saved money. My parents did not learn from them, as many babyboomers didn't. People want their crap and want it now. babyboomers were far less wise with their finances than their parents were and have passed that on to their kids but its even worse. Babyboomers tended to spoil their kids giving them whatever they want when they want it. They were given stuff as rewards for doing things they should have been doing anyway without having to do anything extra for it. Now the generation X crowd believe they are owed a living from someone else.

Char

Your Grandparents probably lived thru the great depression so you bet you a s they save money. Probably did not trust the banks and bought a lot of bonds. They didn't buy their kids crap; they just kept on saving.

Now your parents wanted you and gen x and yers to have a better childhood than they did so they spend spend spend and spoil kids. I think alot of boomers do invest though.

The y generation is definitly royalty, overprivelaged. Most will have a tough time in the real world unless mom and dad support them forever.

Damok

Char

I never said corporate profits are a bad thing... I'm trying to see how you define an exceptionally strong economy. You can have an expanding economy that doesn't benefit the majority of people it is supposed to serve. Expanding does not equal exceptionally strong. As for the rest of what you wrote - it's a nice social commentary but doesn't answer my question. My point about consumer debt relates to consumer spending as an indicator of economic growth and strength and how it is flawed.